Who's Tracking Thanksgiving?

Options
Just wondered who will be logging Thanksgiving and who's skipping it. What's your plan?

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    They dont make a calorie counter big enough for my Thanksgiving!
  • oasis885
    Options
    I just made a food entry that said Thanksgiving Food with 3000 calories ... it's going to be a good day tomorrow!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    They dont make a calorie counter big enough for my Thanksgiving!

Same here! :wink: :laugh:
    I am going to enjoy the day with friends and NOT worry about my numbers! :noway: Though, I WILL try to get in some exercise before hand, to "TRY" to offset at least SOME of the "damage"! :laugh:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to try to eat my "normal" way for the day and make concious PORTION SIZES for the big feast! Im hoping that by doing this (I eat 5x's per day) then I wont be able to shove that much food down my throat. My other half and I are also going to the gym to put in a 2 hour session when he gets home from work since the gym is closed tomorrow. I've even thought about using tomorrow's meal as my "cheat" meal and skipping one snack... of course this is all being said right now. We will see how it goes down when the food is actually in front of me. :laugh:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just made a food entry that said Thanksgiving Food with 3000 calories ... it's going to be a good day tomorrow!

This scares me....:sad: :laugh:
  • Solandra
    Options
    Nope, not tracking, not even gonna try. We're doing a pot-luck type of deal, so I have no inkling what the recipes of others are going to entail. I have, however, been suggesting vegetable dishes whenever someone says something crazy like "what can I bring?"

My only nod to the progress I've made is going to be eating a sensible breakfast (oatmeal), not going back for seconds (which I don't usually do anyway), drinking water instead of tea, and stopping when I'm full.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I will be working tomorrow, so no celebratin' for me :sad:

But on big events, when I'm determined to enjoy myself, I will still put in the calories afterwards just to see what my life used to be like before I became conscious of what I was eating and how much. It's an eye opener for me and helps me get motivated to get back on track.

I'm a glutton for punishment :blushing:

Enjoy everyone!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    im going to attempt to lol we will see how it goes! i wish i knew what everyone was making so i could prepare in advance like i do usually on my food!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll be tracking, but I'm also choosing some things to not go on the plate, and some things to go on the plate - ie - skip the roll & butter, keep the mashed potatoes or stuffing...not sure which yet. Skip the gravy on the stuffing (if I pick stuffing). Also, going to try and get a walk in there somewhere.. ;)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Not tracking. Just going to chew gum when I am cooking and eat no more than 3oz of turkey and the rest veggies. Try to do good portion control on the veggies and have a slice of pumpkin pie. :tongue: I am going to eat a light breakfast and snack before the meal.. since the meal usually lands between afternoon and evening.

Probably going for a run in the morning too. :laugh:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Skipping! I don't want to bring a happy family celebration down with regret and anger that I ate so many calories. I track all the time; one day off won't hurt!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I logged in approximately what and how much I'll anticipate eating. It's good to be aware of how many calories are in a portion! Of course, I'll probably go over but I'm going to try to keep an eye on portion control...

My plan is to try a small amount of everything I like, load up on veggies, avoid the bread basket and not have dessert!

It's a good day to indulge and spend time with loved ones.
    Let's make sure weget back on track after the holiday!

We've all worked hard, we deserve a splurge!
    ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY! :bigsmile:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Alright, so pretty much 90% says skip a day of tracking! I think I'll do the same! :bigsmile: BUT I will try to limit portions and go light on the high-calorie carbs. My sister is hosting the meal and she's on here too <shout out to bettersusan!> and has lost 21 pounds, so she's conscious of having healthy choices available. I'll go for lots of her green beans and turkey and my uber-healthy tart cranberry sauce with smaller portions of corn and sweet potatoes and a little stuffing. Mmm....:love: I love Thanksgiving! :love:
  • koriebrownie
    koriebrownie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Running in the a.m.
    Keeping it under control until the big meal.
    Then I'm eating it ALL.

I'm making the rolls so I won't be skipping those for sure!

I'm just so glad the leftovers won't be at my house!

248210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

HAHA!!! love it!!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am going to record what I eat. But I am not going to worry about whether I go over or not. I do plan to hit the gym in the morning to offset some of the damage.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    My only nod to the progress I've made is going to be eating a sensible breakfast (oatmeal), not going back for seconds (which I don't usually do anyway), drinking water instead of tea, and stopping when I'm full.

This is what I am thinking too!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've had a game plan for Thanksgiving for several days now. I even have room for dessert!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    No Tracking for me. I live in the south so Thanksgiving foods are no where close to healthy. I will try to eat in moderation which won't be to hard I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled tuesday:(
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I may or may not - still undecided however I did decide I will try to take it easy but who knows! lol
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!