Who's Tracking Thanksgiving?

Options
2»

Replies

• jacquelinekrigby
    Options
    I need to or I will be so over my calorie count for tomorrow. But on a good note Bally's opens at 5 and stays open until 4pm so I will be at least trying to hit the gym for a small workout and my Aunt and I are going for a walk after the big feast. At least I am cooking so I can control a lot of what goes into the food.
  • Angieloves31
    Options
    I am trying to change my life. I can't ignore what goes in my mouth. That is how I got to be 150lbs overweight. I will still eat Turkey with all the usual Thanksgiving day goodies but on a smaller plate. I am going to use a salad plate so I will eat less. My parents are very supportive and I will not be so stuffed that I can't move. Good luck everyone and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Angie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The only time I don't track is when I go out of town and have limited computer access.

So, yeah, I'll be tracking. Why not? It's not like by not writing it down, it didn't happen. :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I plan to try to track but we are going to a buffett so I don't know how accurat eI can be, but tracking is a part of my lifestyle now and even if this is a 'free' meal, I want to continue making good choices--and enjoying the meal and family time.:happy:

I will DEFINATELY eat a good breakfst ahead of time and go for at least one long walk sometime during the day.
  • Huxalyn
    Huxalyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not I, that's for sure.

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I am trying to change my life. I can't ignore what goes in my mouth. That is how I got to be 150lbs overweight. I will still eat Turkey with all the usual Thanksgiving day goodies but on a smaller plate. I am going to use a salad plate so I will eat less. My parents are very supportive and I will not be so stuffed that I can't move. Good luck everyone and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Angie

I could not agree more. The only one in my family who is a little 'difficult' right now is my sister. She doesn't get why I can't just forget about calories and tracking for one meal and just eat like everyone always has. I do plan to eat whatever I WANT tomorrow, it is just that what I "want" now is not the same as it was 8 months ago. I've tried to explain it to her but she still doesn't seem to get it completely.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i ate my thanksgiving meal today, very hard to track as i had a little bite of pumpkin pie, 3 bites stuffing, 1 bite green bean cassarole. i tried to track but difficult, all i know is i ate 1/10 of what i would have if wasnt thinking about it. i ate 1/2 cup turkey breast, 1/2 plain sweet potato and plain green beans, 2 tbls gravy (plus the few bites of the above mentioned). good luck on everyone else's "feasts".
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am trying to change my life. I can't ignore what goes in my mouth. That is how I got to be 150lbs overweight.

I totally agree!!! The things I am eating are the things I am making and am in control of. I have already logged AND PRINTED my food plan for tomorrow, and the only deviation from the plan will be snacking on raw veggies if I get the munchies while cooking / setting up. People may thing I'm crazy or overboard, but I have goals and stuffing myself until I feel sick is simply not worth the setback for me.

=) charity
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    going to friends tommorrow so I will not be tracking. I plan on workout tommorrow morning though
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am going to get in some exercise for sure and I am going to try and count. I know pretty much what my mother-in-law is going to make and what I am going to make so, I should be good either way. If I decide to blow it that's fine, but I will be writing it down to see how bad or good I do. I am going to consider it a cheat day but get right back on the wagon on Friday and not make it a whole weekend thing. I think that is going to be the challenge for me. I need to remember to stop after TG and I don't want to mess up the weight that I just lost this week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:drinker:
  • LeBartlett
    LeBartlett Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and track most of it... if it can be done correctly! Who knows what's in some of those dishes... I'm just going to do the best I can, drink lots of water and workout every day.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    This is what I posted earlier on the Thanksgiving Support thread :-D

Good Luck everyone!

I have most of what I'm going to eat plotted out so I have a general idea of what kind of calories I am going to consume. I told myself I wasn't going to measure or weigh anything and I won't. I will just eyeball servings and stop when I've had enough. My problem will be NOT snacking while I'm preparing the meal. I am going to eat a solid breakfast and keep gum in my mouth at all times to avoid the "pick at this, pick at that" scenario. I also plan on working out in the morning and in the evening. I think it's important that no matter what I eat that I get my work out ('s) in that day.

I also CAN'T freak out at the scale Friday morning!

I just have to remember that what happens Thanksgiving day stays on Thanksgiving day. I can't use this as an excuse to obliterate my diet through the weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving my MFP friends!
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Since this is only my second week following the MFP recommendations, I am gonna track my calories and double my exercise to 60min tomorrow. I don't wanna let ANYthing get me off track after the success I had in the first week! :bigsmile:

299632.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I am trying to change my life. I can't ignore what goes in my mouth. That is how I got to be 150lbs overweight.

Were you reading my thoughts?? :laugh:

Anyways, That's exactly my mentality as far as tomorrow goes - I HAVE to log it, because although tomorrow is a 'special day' there are too many 'special days' in a year for me to just throw everything out the window on each of them. I plan to eat reasonable portion sizes - I will definitely indulge myself in some goodies - sweet potatoes w/butter, brown sugar and marshmallow and pumpkin pie, but I will NOT eat until I feel sick and I will track everything. Even if I have to estimate some things, it's better than not logging anything. I'm expecting myself to go over my calories, but I'm not going to go crazy.

Plus, I believe that Thanksgiving is more about the people in my life and the things I am thankful for - not about the food. I'm trying to re-train my brain to understand that socialization and bad eating don't have to go hand in hand... Logging what I eat is part of the re-learning process.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I will be tracking my meals tomorrow....the good, the bad and the ugly. I too plan on getting a workout out in and having breakfast and morning snack prior to the big meal. Since I am house hopping I don't have to worry about leftovers or anything of that nature, so, I am feeling pretty good about tomorrow.

I know everyone on here has there on personal goals and don't let this special day derail your progress. Be thankful for all the blessings you have and that you have decided to make a better you. I am thankful I found MFP and have made the decision to get my life back.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Gonna track but I am sticking to mantainace calories tommorro ( give me a few more calories to play with )and being very picky about what I choose to eat and portion control and drinking lots of water.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

So, yeah, I'll be tracking. Why not? It's not like by not writing it down, it didn't happen. :laugh:

Phh.... :laugh: OF COURSE that's what it means!!! This never happened.... :laugh:

Ya'll are making me reconsider logging now. :blushing:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Yes, but I'm still under! I made my own mashed sweet potatoes and a big batch of fresh green beans tossed in EVOO and garlic and sliced almonds. I took regular portions of those, double for the green beans. Then I took tiny little scoops of my aunts veggie casserole, moms mashed potatoes and gravy and a roll. Just enough for 3 bites of that stuff. Skipped the turkey cuz I don't like it anyway. I even had half a slice of grandmas chocolate pie! I can afford to eat seconds at this point, but I'm totally stuffed!

Very proud of myself right now!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I was lucky this year. It was just my family, not a crowd for thanksgiving. :happy: I worked hard in the past week looking up recipes to trim the calories from the feast.

We had a big meal ( & I did pass on rolls, butter, pie crust, cocktail sauce with the shrimp), but I ate some of everything. Reasonable portions, not just bites and no seconds. I even enjoyed a glass of wine. I had pumpkin smash for dessert (recipe on mfp), while the family had crusted pie. The point is I ate and enjoyed all the flavors of the holiday and came in around 550 calories.:bigsmile: It is gratifying to know I can be successful through a big holiday, when we have to face all the holiday parties and events coming up next month.

And yes, I will be honest and record (or estimate and record) everything I eat even if it puts me over my allowances for the day. I'm building new habits for a lifetime and part of that is figuring out how to balance all the days I can control and the times I can't control the menu. Knowing it has to be recorded helps me face the potluck, menu, meal with a view to how it will record; so I can make smarter choices. Hope you had a tremendous holiday. :flowerforyou: -katie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I had a GREAT Thanksgiving. I am so thankful to have wonderful friends who welcomed me into their homes with open arms. I was unable to go home and don't have any family in the city where I reside. In addition to being thankful for great friends I am also thankful that I was successful in making good food choices today. I brought my own gladware container that had different size sections. In the smallest section I had 1/4 cup of stuffing and 1/4 cup of sweet potato casserole, in the midsize section I had a couple of pieces of turkey (white meat) and I filled the largest section with lots of collard greens. I passed on ALL sweets which is huge for me since I have such a sweet tooth. I brought a weight watchers brownie with me just in case I absolutely needed to have a taste but surprisingly I didn't even have a taste for it today. Although I went to three different locations to celebrate the holiday I only ate at one.

I AM EXTREMELY PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!

P.S. I did bring back a red velvet cupcake to have for tomorrow but after looking up the nutritional information I decided it wasn't worth it and tossed it in the trash........