Two Weeks with no Soda -- 8 lbs down!

Options

Replies

• janeengalutza
    janeengalutza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is Great!!!! Coke is my weakest link. I keep trying but always fail. your story is what I needed to hear.
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Several months ago I switched to low sodium club soda since I like the bubbles. And on occasion, I add in a little lime flavoured vodka for a treat. :drinker:
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    That is phenomenal! You are going to be soooo much healthier because of it as well!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    that's a LOT of soda - FAB job!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well done, from a fellow Tennesseean! Keep up the good work!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • GabeSpain
    GabeSpain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Great job!! I stopped drinking soda about 3-4 years ago and it's ridiculous how much weight it helps you lose!
  • dsco86
    dsco86 Posts: 11
    Options
    April 15th, 2012 - I stopped drinking soda, including consuming anything that has a high sugar content/High Fructose Corn Syrup. There's a few other things I've been doing as well, but initially, I've lost 40 pounds in 4 1/2 months. Keep up the good work. After the first couple of weeks, soda didn't even call to me anymore. I just hated the migraines for the first few days.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have the same response body wise when I stay away from soda! Way to go girl!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Way to go.....I have to do that as well. I drink too much Diet Coke. I am going to start after I finish what I am drinking now. I do drink about 10 glasses of water a day as well.........
  • Karen98100
    Options
    Yay! That's so awesome. I think ditching soda is one of the best first steps.

Your past issues with diet soda don't surprise me, it's so awful for the body. You made the right decision going cold turkey.
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love drinking Diet Pepsi ( probably one liter per day or more). I am trying to back off of it. Right now I am recovering from oral surgery (gums). The main cause of my gum erosion (according to the surgeon) was the phosphoric acid in the soda. It erodes our gums and enamel from the teeth. You're doing more good for your body than you think by giving this up!
  • janetdaily
    Options
    i've been without soda and sweet tea for 15 days and i've lost 1 lb?
  • snoppdog69
    Options
    That's amazing.

I'm also a coca cola addict, was drinking a 2litre bottle a day from aged 16, but have cut right down and seen drastic improvement.

I tried cutting it out completly but I had major withdrawl symptoms so have slowly cut it right down.

You are an inspiration that it can be done. Thank you
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband quit soda and lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks. I quit soda and got the shakes, headaches and mood swings... that stuff is a killer if you drink it daily (I was a daily drinker - 2-3 cans a day).
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! Keep it up (:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a change! I imagine that it was difficult going cold turkey but an 8 pound loss is fantastic in two weeks.
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful and not easy to do! Great job!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Great work.
    It just goes to show what's difference it makes.
    I've stopped buying multi packs of fizzy drinks for a while now and just keep a big bottle of water in my fridge x
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a testament to just one of the things that "drug" does to your body! That's amazing that you gave it up like that...how are you feeling???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!