Replies

• suetyeecheung
    suetyeecheung Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done and keep it up! :)
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am more of a diet soda drinker and had given it up a few months ago and was shocked about the changes it made and the weight I lost from it also. I thought "diet" was ok but I was wrong. Sadly I fell off the wagon and started drinking soda again but your post is encouraging me to give it up again.
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    Yeah that is great keep it up. I stopped for 5 years but then crashed and burned the last few months but its been i think 3 days now, just got to keep it up.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    WOW what an amazing loss just from giving up soda!! Well done to you, can't have been easy to stop just like that.

Did you have any withdrawal symptoms?
  • Jannalicious
    Jannalicious Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I too have been hooked on d.coke for years..25yrs or more....when I don't have one I get a massive headache..so I normally will giive in and drink one...which leads me back to just 2..then 3 and so on. Reading your post has given me a new prospective on things....I WILL give it up and not give into the headaches....I'm realizing its the d.coke satan fighting me..and lets agree...it's not cheap..So, consider me IN...I'll post updates when I have something to report...Thank You for posting this...it''s greatly appreciated. :)
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    I quit soda years ago, it's SO NOT GOOD FOR YOU (Mtn Dew was my drug). So I am VERY happy for you that you quit and cold turkey is the only way.

I make my own unsweetened ice tea (you can make it decaf as well) and I put lemon juice in it. You can put sliced cucumbers in your water to 'flavor' it.

The bottom line is, soda = sugar and chemicals, besides losing the weight ,do you feel better physically?

:happy:
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    No, BIG victory (nothing small about 8 lbs!) - well done!!!
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    You've inspired me to give up my terrible fizzy drink habit! And 8lbs is a great achievement in 2 weeks, you should be proud!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I bet you feel so much better!! Keep it up!!

My body will not tolerate any "diet" soda. In fact, I cannot even chew sugarless gum, because of the artificial sweeteners. I think it is more important (personal opinion) to steer away from diet cola's than it is regular cola's. Why digest a chemical additive when you can have something natural? I did like the occasional soda, but maybe only once or twice a week. My addiction is tea! And of course, that is sweetened tea. If I could only have 1 bad food/drink over everything else, it would be a sweet iced tea. I know for life, I will not cut it out completely, so I allow myself a couple of glasses a WEEK. This still allows me something I love, without feeling deprived, yet since it isn't very often, it is not affecting my weight loss. I realize not everyone can have just a little bit of something they love and it is better to never have it again. But I have found a system that works for me by doing it this way. I was never a water drinker before, in fact... I have went years and never had a drop of water hit my lips. It was the most difficult thing in the beginning to do... and now, I challenge myself to see how much water I can drink in a day!
  • snwills32
    Options
    Nice job!!! Changing one thing about your diet will make a hell of a difference!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I decreased to one 20oz bottle a day but looked at the calories and sugar I was still taking in with that and decided it had to go. I've been off for a few days now. You have given me hope that it will help (AND that I can stay off of it)! :)
  • tiff34fatty
    tiff34fatty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    congrats i am also trying to stop soda cold turkey :}
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow that Great!!!!!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! congrats on your success :) you will continue to feel so much better not drinking soda!
  • nuts4mma
    Options
    That is awesome! I gave up regular and now drink a diet Fresca a few times a week, but will eventually give it all up soon.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    also, to those who are still trying to stop drinking soda, I just want to say that I noticed that the less I drank it, the less I craved it! I hardly ever have a craving for soda anymore (if I do, I might have a diet coke out to eat or something, we never have it at home).

:smile:
  • Britt_Duffy
    Britt_Duffy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was drinking upwards of 3-4 regular Cokes a day a few months ago. I haven't seen a huge change in my body at all since then. Must depend on the person.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I couldn't go cold turkey. I weened myself down to one a day. So I envy your willpower! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!