The Sacred Heart Medical Diet?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    What I find stupid is that people keep searching for an easy out. Idk what is considered " real food." Hate to break it to you but this diet is real food. We weren't meant to eat grains and good processes the way it is. Food shouldn't come in a box frozen or out of a bag. Doritos aren't a natural food product. Over all we should be eating mainly fruits and veggies. We are just full of excuses, and want it fast & easy. It's funny to get comments from ppl just for saying this diet works. It does. I also work out and don't eat a bunch of junk. If I did things differently id be crying right along w the rest of the us about how I'm fat and it's not my fault lol

It seems to me that these magic diets are the "quick and easy" way out. The hard truth is that these magic diets are nonsense. There are no magic diets.

I'm still not sure who you're laughing at. Who is saying they are fat and it's not their fault?

I don't know who it's laughing at either but I'm laughing at the poster calling others stupid while trying to figure out that pesky "quote" button.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Man, the weird quoting is a really good touch.

Yeah I definitely wasn't correct in suggesting this poster use the quote button.

Quote first, react later?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    hooch-scrubs.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Damn you guys are so pathetic. Keep supporting each other cause you obviously need it. Bunch of crybabies with nothing better to do. Who the hell says "bitter much" anyway? lol. Bunch of *kitten*. **** you all I'm out. Continue your pathetic response posts cause I know you're social life and self esteem depends on it. You're all so butt hurt. This back and forth has been good entertainment. Thanks for the laughs. Keep shedding those pounds guys! Go team!!! :)

Hm, odd BB troll?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit makes you lose weight …

Just eat in a calorie deficit and move around more …and make that your "diet"
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Damn you guys are so pathetic. Keep supporting each other cause you obviously need it. Bunch of crybabies with nothing better to do. Who the hell says "bitter much" anyway? lol. Bunch of *kitten*. **** you all I'm out. Continue your pathetic response posts cause I know you're social life and self esteem depends on it. You're all so butt hurt. This back and forth has been good entertainment. Thanks for the laughs. Keep shedding those pounds guys! Go team!!! :)

Hm, odd BB troll?

Somehow I don't think so... I think a BB troll could have figured out how to use the quote button. Unless that's just another layer of the crazy trolling..?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your success, and I wish you much more success in the future.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I may have joined now but I've used this diet for a very long time. I only joined this cry baby app to post about this diet. Just because ppl like you lack determination and everything is "soo hard " doesn't make it so and I don't think ppl should only have you to look to for answers. It may not work for every in but it has for me. It's like ppl that don't lose weight just want to keep everyone else down. They ARE wrong from my experience with this diet. Thanks :)

LOLZ..

so it worked for you but you still have 50 pounds to lose….alrighty then ...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Hm, odd BB troll?

Yeah, the tone of this makes me think so as well.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    To the OP: look at this Maria poster, with an incredibly surly attitude perfectly willing to insult everyone in the thread, for the type of people who recommend fad diets.

Then look at all the people in this thread with a history of long-term success: they're all recommending against it.

Make your decision.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Claim: "I lost 34 pounds in two weeks on this diet!"

Fact: In 34 pounds of fat, there are roughly 119,000 calories of energy.

In 14 days at an average 2,000 calorie-per-day baseline energy expenditure, this individual would have burned 28,000 calories (assuming that they ate no food whatsoever).

This leaves 91,000 calories in 14 days that this person would have had to burn after not eating any food. This would be a daily burn of 6,500 calories on top of not eating any food whatsoever.

According to Livestrong.com[1], running a marathon burns approximately 2,800 calories.

So all this person needed to do to lose this weight was NOT eat the sacred heart diet, or any other food, and then run 2.3 marathons a day (that's about 60 miles a day.)

So if you run non-stop every day for two weeks and eat zero food at all, you can be as successful as our troll.

[1] http://www.livestrong.com/article/302836-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-a-marathon/

Moderators, can we please do something about these people?
  • kgeyser
    Options
    To the OP: look at this Maria poster, with an incredibly surly attitude perfectly willing to insult everyone in the thread, for the type of people who recommend fad diets.

Then look at all the people in this thread with a history of long-term success: they're all recommending against it.

Make your decision.

OP is from August 2012, which means this Maria individual did a search and created an account just to post about this. I'm sure the OP is out building a time machine right now so they can go back and get on this diet based on her advice. :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

Make your decision.

OP is from August 2012, which means this Maria individual did a search and created an account just to post about this. I'm sure the OP is out building a time machine right now so they can go back and get on this diet based on her advice. :laugh:

Oh god, shame on me for not noticing that.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

LOL! And yet to every lurker reading this thread, it seems like someone just asked a question and then someone else said (primary source no less) they lost 34 pounds doing it. :laugh: - - - wait, no ":laugh:" at all actually.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How many calories does building a time machine burn, please, I cant find it in the database!
  • kgeyser
    Options

Make your decision.

I think you get a pass since it's January, the month of the magic diet fad.
  • kgeyser
    Options
    How many calories does building a time machine burn, please, I cant find it in the database!

Just log it under circuit training! :drinker:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

This is turning into the Eyecandle thread...
  • ndj1979
    Options

Make your decision.

oh damn, I missed that one...
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I tried this once (and the cabbage soup one, as well), and simply found myself hangry and wanting to throat punch people. Obviously I'm one of those pathetic people who can only manage to lose and maintain by calorie deficit and staying within my macros. Am so ashamed....

I didn't see the OP date, either, LOL...