Are you an introvert? Extrovert? In between?

Options
SueGremlin
SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
Just curious as to how other people function.
Do you prefer to be on your own or do you have to have someone around all the time?

Replies

• SueGremlin
    Options
    I am definitely an introvert. I am happy in crowds and like parties and everything, but it is tiring for me to do so, and need time alone.

I work with someone who CANNOT be alone, and I find her exhausting for that reason. We are a bad match. I think it's a good question to ask someone on a job application. :smile:
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Introvert for sure. I would much rather be at home than going out anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the occasional get together but I also like my alone time. I don't like big crowds and feel anxious, and stressed when around "hyper" people.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm extrovertedly introverted. Or is it introvertedly extroverted?
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert. People drain me of my energy. I like people, but I need time to myself to recharge.
  • Von2bslim
    Von2bslim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is a good question =)

I would say I am an introvert, I do like be with people but recognise I NEED time to myself to recharge/energise again.
  • SuzieQ2u6
    Options
    In between, I have been by myself for 13 years, except I had my girls for 11 of those years and I miss them so much...I would love some supportive friends, walking/workout buddies:smile:
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood but I love being on my own most of the time - I enjoy spending time with myself. But I also like being around people, just depends on my mood. I get asked nearly weekend to go partying and most of the time I say no lol. I like balance.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Introvert with rare extroverted tendencies
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Used to be a socially crippled introvert until I made a ton of friends in college who really got me. Now I'd say I've transformed into an extrovert whose shyness only flares up when it comes to approaching complete strangers, and I'm working on getting over that too.

Gotta say, losing over 30 pounds definitely gave me a huge confidence boost.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Introvert but with public speaking as a main component as my job, and I enjoy it.

I am walking enigma. o.O
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Haha I am 100% extrovert :) Loved, hated, never ignored!!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    total introvert. i like to be alone more than i like being around people.. and i generally dont like people.. the ones i know are fine, but being around a bunch of people i dont know is torture.

my husband is an introvert as well.. its nice, its like we're alone together. we dont have that incessant need to chit chat. we do talk to each other, its just more meaningful.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm very social and outgoing so I think I'm an extrovert, but I have been told otherwise by those who know me best. They argue for introvert because as much as I love being around others and participating in various activities, I like to recharge alone. Large crowds for an extended period of time drain my energy. It's not to say I don't like being around a lot of people or am afraid to be...just tires me out at times.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I used to hate being alone, after a great conversation with a friend I realised it was because I didn't like myself very much
    Now I'm more comfortable with myself and I love time alone. I also love being around people but I need my time alone too. It's good to have a BALANCE... it's what life is all about. I'm learning more and more about it x
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i am adaptable, i can be either if the situation required.
  • VeganDeeva
    Options
    Introvert...
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    I'm very social and outgoing so I think I'm an extrovert, but I have been told otherwise by those who know me best. They argue for introvert because as much as I love being around others and participating in various activities, I like to recharge alone. Large crowds for an extended period of time drain my energy. It's not to say I don't like being around a lot of people or am afraid to be...just tires me out at times.
    That is exactly how I am. I am always outgoing and bubbly, but, yeah. It drains my batteries.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Haha I am 100% extrovert :) Loved, hated, never ignored!!
    Do you feel offended when people need to be alone?
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Extreme Introvert. I don't mind being with people but I'm most comfortable by myself. Crowds (more than 10 people) make me extremely nervous, especially when I don't know anybody, which is why I tend to avoid birthday's and other social gatherings.
    I'm not a total recluse though. I do have a couple of close friends who I love hanging out with. Just don't put me in a room with a large crowd, I'll just run away and hide (yes this has happened in the past).
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I can be deathly quiet and not shut up in the same hour, depends how comfortable I am with the people I'm with...