Any More Chubby Twenties?

Options

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    So is everyone's week going?

I have been doing much better with my work-outs and drinking water! I've made sure to have SOME form of exercise, every day, for the past four days in a row. Which isn't TOO bad. I'm hoping to squeeze in some pilates today. :)

I LOVE pilates!

Haven't been eating as many healthy foods as I could be (though my calorie count has been okay). It's not pay day until Friday and we desperately need to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies! We're all out of the good, healthy food!

I may start shopping once a week instead of once every two weeks, just to make sure that we always have fresh produce and healthy grains in the house! I'm out of yogurt, Kashi, oatmeal, carrots, apples, bananas- everything! It seems like the healthy stuff goes so fast... and if you don't eat it quickly, it spoils! Definitely gonna start doing mini shopping trips.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I used to go shopping once a month and ending up making stops throughout the month. I now shop every week and I still hate going to the grocery store but I find there are less trips for forgotten items. And always have plenty of food. You can tell when Sunday rolls around...my refrigerator is so empty.
  • meggo
    meggo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group! I'm 25 and can't believe I let my body get to where it is. In the past month or so I have lost inches off my waist and hips & have lost 6 lbs. I would love to go home at Christmas and be able to bring back my favorite old jeans that were too small to bring with me in August.

I joined a fitness program for 5 weeks, but it is now over for the semester. I invested in weights and do workouts from youtube & self.com. I am more motivated to workout in a group setting, so I am hoping to be find a group here on mfp.

Great job to all of you already! Keep up the hard work!!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.. but I'm pushing 30 and can only be on this for another couple of months! LOL.. I'm 29, 5'1 and I weigh about 137lbs. According to the BMI thing.. i am overweight.. and I feel it! I have skinny legs.. but all my fat lies in my belly.. my back rolls..muffin top.. arms.. yuck! So i have my work cut out for me. I dont want to go into my 30's not feeling good about myself. If i still look the same by my 30th bday.. Im going to be soooo depressed on that day! hahah
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    I'd like to join.. but I'm pushing 30 and can only be on this for another couple of months! LOL.. I'm 29, 5'1 and I weigh about 137lbs. According to the BMI thing.. i am overweight.. and I feel it! I have skinny legs.. but all my fat lies in my belly.. my back rolls..muffin top.. arms.. yuck! So i have my work cut out for me. I dont want to go into my 30's not feeling good about myself. If i still look the same by my 30th bday.. Im going to be soooo depressed on that day! hahah

NO WAY YOU'RE TOO OLD!

(I'm totally kidding by the way.)
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have to join this group because I swore I was going to bring this weight into my twenties, but here I am. I am 20 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day old. I'm only doing that because I am counting the days until I turn 21. :laugh: My started weight is 173 and the last time I weighed myself, I was 171. I don't have a weight goal per se, I know that I just want to be a size 8 by May (I'm currently a 12/14), and a 4/6 ultimately.

I lived a dream of mine when I studied in Paris this summer. When I got back, I was showing my brother some pictures and he said, "You don't have a lot of pictures of yourself. You have a lot of pics of other people and buildings, but hardly any of yourself." I knew I had done that on purpose. I don't like seeing full-body pics of myself because then I have to see what others see. I don't even have a lot of pictures of me period, and that's sad :indifferent:

So I am totally in with you guys! My BFF is throwing a semi-formal party :drinker: in February, and I hope to slink into a size 10 dress and show off my totally toned calves. :happy: I am inviting a guy I met a few months ago at a charity event. You guys, he is so hott!! He made me touch his chest and his arms and they were rock hard :love: Very funny and nice guy and he asked for my number. We've been talking back and forth since then. Anyway, he hasn't seen me since then, and I would like to be down 15 pounds. :wink:
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I feel sooo much better this week now that i have been eating good and working out!! I was feeling bloated andn disgusting for a while there. I have avoided the drive thru for over a week now!!! I was going like 2-3 times a week for about a month. So stupid... i swear McDonalds is addictive. Last spring and summer I went 4 months w/out fast food and i didn't even miss it. Anyway, I can't weigh in b/c i need a new battery for my scale so I'll get it this weekend. Have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone!
    Oh, and meggo I love the pic of your golden!!!! My hubby and I really wanted a golden but they are kind of hard to find so we got a yellow lab hes 12 weeks!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    I'm doing well this week in terms fo eating and exercise, and my self control is being tested the next few days. We have a group here with us so all the meals are buffet style, my arch enemy! I have done well so far, however, limiting my portions and now consuming like mad just because the food is THERE. I've noticed my speed intervals when I'm swimming are getting easier, if not faster, and I can feel my core working harder, too.

I'm having some stress, however, becuase my boss from my old job is trying to scam me out of over $300 from my last paycheck and I'm feeling like my hands are kinda tied. I have reached out to some family members who are better informed on these kind of things, so hopefully they can help me. I'm still really stressed out.

Alison-- the book was talking about is called "The Body has a Mind of it's Own" it's an interesting read, lots of interesting studies about phantom limbs, stroke recovery and mental training as part of sports enhancement.
  • Tdenman
    Options
    So far this week has gone really well. I am a new member to this grop so I joined it midway through this week but still everything it's going real good. I have been put in a great situation because one of my best friends, who has done personal training, has moved back into the area. We have been going to the gym in the mornings which has been an adjustment but at the same time I love it. Some of this could just be the motivation from starting something but already I have a higher sense of discipline. I just have felt great these last four days and am loving it. Can't wait for the first 30 day weigh in!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    so far i've worked out every day this week... I havent jogged which i feel bad about. But it's too effing cold here for that! So it's nothing but the 30 day Shred for me until the weather permits.
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    Hey everyone hows the week going so far?

I have been getting a little discouraged because I haven't seen a change in my weight this week actually I gained back 3 pounds from a potluck last weekend which I actually only ate the fruit and veggies at, but then I gave it a couple days and now Ive lost that weight plus another pound. So all you have to do is stick with it I guess :) Just wanted to say good work everyone say with it and we will all see the results we want !!!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Hey everyone hows the week going so far?

I have been getting a little discouraged because I haven't seen a change in my weight this week actually I gained back 3 pounds from a potluck last weekend which I actually only ate the fruit and veggies at, but then I gave it a couple days and now Ive lost that weight plus another pound. So all you have to do is stick with it I guess :) Just wanted to say good work everyone say with it and we will all see the results we want !!!

You're not alone! I'm feeling discouraged too. My weight was down to 162.4 on monday morning. I was silly and weighed myself today and was up a pound. Not sure why- have been exercising and eating properly. But then again, 1 is a normal fluctuation.... it's not as if I gained 5 pounds. And it will probably be back down by my next weigh-in Monday morning. I guess I get trapped in that 'instant gratification' mindset! Ah well, will just keep plugging through and turn it up a notch!

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    MercuryBlue- my weight changes so much during the week! Don't sweat 1 pound. Also, you prob know this but be sure to weigh yourself in the morning before breakfast on a totally empty tummy.
    I am in desperate needof dinner recipes!!! Can anyone help??? I am looking for healthy and quick! I get so burned out on my rotation, I'm not picky so send them my way!!!! Thanks!!!!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    MercuryBlue- my weight changes so much during the week! Don't sweat 1 pound. Also, you prob know this but be sure to weigh yourself in the morning before breakfast on a totally empty tummy.
    I am in desperate needof dinner recipes!!! Can anyone help??? I am looking for healthy and quick! I get so burned out on my rotation, I'm not picky so send them my way!!!! Thanks!!!!

Yes, I'm trying not to get too upset over it, lol. I weigh myself under the same conditions every time- just after I've woken up, after I've used the toilet, before I've eaten.... butt-naked. Haha. Nonetheless, we're STILL going to see variations in our weight according to how much we've eaten/drank the night before, if we're retaining water, etc. It's something I have to constantly remind myself!

I am thinking of asking hubby to hide the scale, and only bring it out on Monday mornings so I can do my weekly weigh-in!

Rationally I know I need to just relax. I was 165.8 on November 23, so in less than a week and a half, I'm still down more than two pounds. That's not too bad.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options

Here are some of the quick things on my rotation:
    -Bag of frozen stir fry veggies mixed with rice, scrambled egg and soy or teriyaki sauce. If you don't mind going over on sodium, you can pick up an order of egg drop or wonton soup from a Chinese take out place -- usually cheap and pretty low calories.
    -Whole wheat pasta, tomato & basil spaghetti sauce and whatever veggies I have laying around -- usually onion, green pepper, mushrooms, olives.
    -Chili made with either lean ground beef or ground turkey, a few cans of kidney beans, a few cans of diced tomatoes and spices to taste (chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and pepper).
    -Tortilla pizzas with either cut up lunch meat or ground meat, shredded cheese, spaghetti sauce, whatever veggies I have on hand, and italian seasoning.
    -Tonight I'm making baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, and turkey kielbasa. Very simple, but also delicious.

Maybe more people can post some of their typical dinners. I'm always up for new things in the rotation to keep things fun.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    thanks ali!! here are a few of my usuals:
    Whole wheat tortillas w/ cream cheese, topped w/ spinach, shredded cabbage, carrots, cucumber, tomato, and some mashed avocado. Then roll it up!
    Canned black beans mixed w/ avocado, light sour cream, tomato, onion, salsa, and a little shredded cheese, heated up. Sometimes i eat w/ brown rice or spanish rice
    Pulled chicken sandwiches-put a few chicken breasts in the crock pot, add your fave bbq sauce and let it cook about 6 hours. When its about an hour from being done add a diced bell pepper or two, onion, and canned chilis or jalepenos. I like eating it w/ a whole grain roll, or i just eat the chicken plain. and when i ran out of rolls i put the chicken in a whole wheat tortilla, delicious!!!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options

Maybe more people can post some of their typical dinners. I'm always up for new things in the rotation to keep things fun.

My favorite is a baked fish filet (salmon or trout) sprinkled with lemon pepper brushed with a little olive oil. A half a cup of brown rice, and a cup of mixed veggies. Mmmmm. I love to mix it all together so in every bite, I get some of the fish, the veggies, and the rice. I eat it with lots of pepper! I'm totally addicted to pepper..... I hope it's not bad for me! (Better than salt, I would assume).

I LOVE chicken tortilla soup, too. It's basically chopped chicken cooked in a crock pot with chicken broth, stewed tomatos, chopped onion, black beans and corn (and peppers, if you like things spicy!). Season with cayene pepper.... Serve it with a whole grain tortilla and a little plain greek yogurt.

I make a killer spagetti sauce with either soy ground round or ground turkey. Brown the meat or 'meat' if you're going vegan, then add some chopped tomatos, a little tomato paste for thickening, chopped onion, garlic, oregano, etc. Serve over whole wheat pasta. Sprinkle a little shredded light mozzarella on top. Yummmmy.
  • sarachana
    Options
    i had couscous topped with steamed veggies for dinner, yummy! its my fav!!
    i also made a veggie soup with blended carrots, zucchini, red pepper, onion and garlic, with salt and cumin to taste, it was delicious!

i went to the supermarket today and i made a very interesting discovery, ,they started importing jelly bellies from america!! everytime someone i know comes back from a trip to america, thats what they bring me to make me happy i figure im ok as long as i never buy the first packet, but once i buy the first packet, im going to be a goner, so heres for staying strong!! (for those of you confused, i live in israel)

so far this week has been really good, i hope to continue like this for a while :)
    have a gr8 day everyone!
  • laur89
    laur89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'2 and 167 lbs =/ I would like to get down to 130ish, we'll see =O)

I had been doing really well and then fell off of the wagon but I'm getting back on it now!

I fell off the wagon too and was getting dicouraged and lazy but today I decided to hop back on it.
  • Tdenman
    Options
    So I have been doing really good so far; but I have a dilema, I have my first Christmas party tonight. My idea was to safe a thousand calories and just go to the party and not worry about it. However, knowing my weaknesses, I often overeat (especially when the food is good) and I am worried that this will happen tonight.

So I am writing this for two reasons. First of all, any ideas to not overeat? Any tips would be appreciated. Two I just want to check in for accountability and will post how I did tomorrow. This group has been good for me because I know I am not doing it alone. So, thanks for the accountability everyone. Hope you are all having an amazing day.