How to cut calories...

Options
1235»

Replies

• MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My daughter likes to ask for a bit of mine too. If your eating something when your kid is not then its setting them up to ask. because you are doing something they r not. She doesn't ask when she has her own food...

Also, people WITHOUT kids should not "judge" others on how they parent... because one day you might have the crying screaming kid in a store with all those people staring and judging you... just a thought.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Guess its a good thing you will never be around me or my child.
    Way to teach your child proper eating etiquette :-)

You'd be thrilled (insert sarcasm) to hear that my son (at almost 5) did not use his fork or spoon to eat his steamed broccoli...rather he ate it with his hands because the only part he cares for is the leafy part (or so he calls it). And I allowed it. Hey, he was eating broccoli...a FIRST for him. And I was not about to correct him in his table etiquette. Believe me...he'll learn manners and get used to eating with utensils like he should...eventually. Right now, I'm not worried about it...because he was eating.

And sorry, you're not allowed to tell anyone how to parent their child...or make them feel guilty for choosing to parent the way they do. I would like to think you don't (or won't) allow people to tell you or influence you in your parenting decisions.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    My husband ate off of my plate today too. Want his moms number so you can tell her how bad of a parent she is??

You know, my wife eats off my plate all the time. She didn't have proper up-bringing at all (I guess). While she may not be the world's best diner.... I kind of like it when she begs! :laugh:
  • Midnight444
    Midnight444 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cut out bread a milk from your diet, if you are like me then that will drop 600 calories a day easy.

And adults dont need milk. In fact anyone over about 8 years old doesnt need milk.

ALso use a small plate for dinner. Makes you look like you have a big portion :)

Adults don't need bacon, either, but try taking it from me.

Anything to get a kid to eat, in my book. Drinking from my glass, though, is right out. I can't deal with backwash. :drinker:
    Actually, as an RDA nutrition student you absolutely DO need milk in your diet. It is the best source of calcium and vitamin D that you can get w/o supplements. And 90% of all Americans are Vitamin D deficient. Also before age 30, women need extra calcium to prevent bone loss. For information on nutrition and the new guidelines check out www.choosemyplate.gov. It is really different and an excellent source of information.

I think it depends on if you are referring to cow's (or other animal's) milk ...or soy, almond, etc. milk... So many people have problems with cow's milk and soy, almond, etc. are great ways to get calcium in your diet... :flowerforyou:

"One cup of plain Silk soy milk contains 299 mg of calcium, which is 30 percent of the DRI. This is similar to the calcium content of 2 percent cow's milk, which contains 293 mg of calcium per cup."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/280308-silk-soy-milk-nutrition/#ixzz24mUP90Lu
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wow, does calorie counting kill your sense of humour?

I've mentioned the 'toddler diet' to friends before, how the weight hasn't fallen off me with little miss stealing a third of my food I don't know!