Day one with 90lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Set small goals and celebrate when you reach them. My friends have cheered me on each time I meet a goal, I loved buying clothes. You can do this.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have taken the first step by joining so congrats. I would suggest setting smaller goals for yourself instead of looking at the big picture. When I first started, I had a goal to lose 157.4 pounds. I now have 47.8 left to go. If you are willing to put in the work that it takes and look at it as a lifestyle change, rather than a temporary fix, then you will succeed. You might hit a few bumps along the way, but stick with it and you will see results. It is definitely worth it. Add me if you like.
  • auntiekei
    Options
    You can do it. I started a new way of living Jan 15, 2012
    I lost about ten pounds before i found this website so to this date I have lost a total of 86 lbs.......my goal is to lose 100 lbs by may
    you can add me as a friend if you like
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

I have about 40 more pounds that I want to lose. All you have to do is take one day at a time and give yourself small achievable goals.
    We all have bad days and fall off track from time to time but all you have to do is pick yourself up and start over.
    The support on MFP is great, the more support the better!
    Good luck on your journey!

Feel free to add me if you want!

Karen
  • LaShonda2
    LaShonda2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just started Monday so i understand..Feel free to add me cause u need all the support u can get.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Just log every day, and schedule at least 3 workouts a week.

If you need help, ask for it. Lots of folks her know how to live the new lifestyle.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You have started and that is the most important! You should congratulate yourself on that and keep going!
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have 90 to lose as well and I understand you feeling overwhelmed as it was my response too. It takes time to lose that much and you don't want to get discouraged. What helped me was NOT concentrating on the scales but instead being proud of myself each day that I logged in and stayed at my goal calories. I do weigh in every week but I DON'T gauge my success on the number...I gauge it on sticking with the plan....the weight IS coming off but it is slow and I know it is a process....
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    .. every journey starts with the first step .. i haven't lost 21 kg .. i've lost 21 x 1 kg ! .. in no time u'll have results and that's when it takes off, coz u feel good, see results and get into the hang of the new eating pattern .. it becomes fun even ! .. GOOD LUCK !
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    You are not alone I'm here to lose that much maybe more once I get there I just take it one week at a time already lost 12 in a month you can do it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone babysteps is the way to do it. When I started I had over 100 lbs and it seemed overwhelming and impossible. I just concentrated on 10lbs at a time and bought myself a new pair of earrings for every 10 lbs I lost. Now i have lost 105 lbs and have alot of cute earrings......YOU CAN DO IT

exercise at least 5 days a week
    if it fits into your calorie count eat it if it doesnt DONT
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I started out with 80 to lose. I'm at 50 lbs down. Baby steps is what did it for me. I set mini goals of 10 lbs each. It's easier to grasp mini goals vs. looking at 90 lbs to lose.
  • CupcakeKendra
    CupcakeKendra Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have to lose close to that! Never look at how much you need to lose. I always take it week by week. : ) Feel free to add me. I am motivated and I have my diaries viewable.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a way to go yet but I am doing it!
  • morganmay92
    Options
    you can do it! trust me I lost 85 pounds :) I am trying to lose more :3 It's a lot harder when you feel really awesome at the lowest weight you never been before and unmotivates me lol so now I don't feel that I'm back to dieting :) so yeah if anyone can do it, so can you :)
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! Take it one pound at a time, you'll get there (:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've just started. I feel overwhelmed by how much I have to lose but I believe I can do this. I'd love to get support from people as I do this.

take one day at a time and log in everyday and exercise and you will reach your goal in no time. i like your profile pic as well
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome....I've been apart of MFP since May 3rd. I started losing weight after my appointment with my Dr on January 5th. Prior to MFP I had lost....17lbs and wanted to start working harder at losing more. Since May 3rd I've lost 40lbs and I have another at least 40 to go. You can do it...baby steps a little at a time.
  • chanixxx
    chanixxx Posts: 64
    Options
    Of course you can do it! Just make sure to give yourself time and remember to forgive yourself when you have set-backs. And turn up the radio!
  • tthayer0
    Options
    Hello there. My name is Tammy. I started my weight loss journey February 8th 2012. At the time I weighed 288lbs at 5'9". I was miserable. I set my goal weight at 155 lbs. or where I feel healthiest which ever came first. I am currently down 83lbs!! My current weight is 203lbs. I am still looking for 155lbs, or where I feel healthiest. While I feel great I am just not there yet. If you need of want any tips, help or encouragement add me as a friend and I will help whenever needed!!

A couple rules of thumb. HIGH FIBER!!! Keeps you full, helps you burn fat. LOTS OF WATER!!! Keeps you hydrated, keeps you full! whenever you eat your plate should consist of at least half the plate being veggies. The more veggies you eat the more you feel full and the longer you feel full.

Do not slow your way into a diet plan, jump in fully feet first!! You will get more bang for your buck!! Also do not get discouraged if you seem to slow after the first 2 weeks, typically on any weight loss program your first 2 weeks you will see a significant weight loss then the next 2 weeks will normally be 1/2 that. that is completely normal the first 2 weeks you typically lose water weight. Also being female note that our weight loss fluctuates just like our hormones so again do not get discouraged if every 2 weeks your weight loss is less than the other 2 weeks. As your hormones fluctuate so will your weight loss.

Great breakfast filling foods....Yogurt and 1 cup of fresh red raspberries!! When I eat this combo I forget about food!!!