What are you favourite and least favourite exercises?

Options
I will be honest, my least favourite are Jillain Michaels dvds. Though they are quite effective with the results. They are way too painful on my back and knee(I have Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome) And I in all honestly do not enjoy one moment of the exercise. I pretty much end up feeling like I'm either going to faint or have a heart attack. And I did give it a good try. I managed 11 days of the 30 Day Shred, but only 3 days of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

No doubt some people actually enjoy her workouts and good on you. But for me, it's like a form of torture :indifferent:

They say, the workout that you will stick to, is the workout you enjoy. So pretty much, that is why I never finished the 30 Day Shred and gave up pretty fast on the other one.

So far I have found enjoyment wise, I like walking, which is especially good for if I'm feeling the least motivated, as it's easy! The Kerry Katona workout dvd and Zumba. EA Active 2 is quite good too. But I guess I get unmotivated about how long it takes to set things up for that. Pretty much for me, if it's relatively easy to start and get ready for, I don't need as much motivation. Though, I don't think working out in my jeans and regular top is so sensible!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I basically like all exercises of resistance training with the exception of ab workouts. Kickboxing is my preferred cardio workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fordies
    fordies Posts: 14
    Options
    My favourite exercise is squats but generally love all resistance work

My least favourite is the treadmill
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, that does sound fun!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Least fave squats or treadmill

Most fave free weights and resistance bands, running on the beach
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I hate anything very high impact and bouncy, like jumping jacks or rockstar jumps.

I love dancing, any kind!

I used to hate running, but I've learned to enjoy it now.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love: ab exercises, especially leg lifts.

Hate: squats and lunges. D<
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Love kickboxing and swimming and cycling
    Hate pushups and jogging
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    Burpees suck..... The end.....
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yup burpees suck. Also, sprinting and running up stairs. Maybe in 15 kgs time I won't hate it so much.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I love boxing, spinning and running.

Totally HATE the stepper and anything involving aerobics / dancing, I have no coordination and am not very girly so a dance workout like Zumba is my idea of hell lol

And burpees. I know they are good for you but I can't stand them!!!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I hate Jump Jacks. They are evil.

I enjoy cycling, but don't go fast enough to burn as many calories as Jump Jacks!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I dislike planks (I do them, but I don't like them!) and tricep dips (ditto). I love free weights, running, and cycling. I am uncomfortable with anything that requires that I go to a 'class'. (*shudder* - hangover from the horrors of PE at school!)
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Used to hate lunges but now all forms of the lunge are my favourites.

Exercise that I love - cable front squat to one leg bench step up with high knee raise whilst using cable to perform shoulder press.

Hate running but love sprinting.
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love to dance, so maybe I should try Zumba, what do you think Kell? Is it worth the investment?
  • GrumpyAG
    GrumpyAG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love all resistance training and cross fit....and I am a keen runner.

I hate the rower so I now make myself do 10 mins of rowing at the end of any workout in the gym....sadistic I know ;)
  • rlouise14
    Options
    I love cycling, and squats.

Atm running is my least favourite but I'm hopping to start running regularly in a month or some once I've lost some more weight and generally got fitter. I've also got some kettle bells being delivered on Wednesday so hopefully I'll enjoy using those too!
  • LouisaRoots
    LouisaRoots Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    love - running, zumba, skipping

hate, squats, lunges, plank etc

found a decent dvd recently its a rosemary conley one, i did it for an hour burnt 400 cals, and the next day i could feel where it had worked, i liked it as it covered all the things i hate to do that i should do for results but you only did a couple then moved on
  • traceyoaten
    Options
    I love weight lifting

I hate squats and lunges
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Love: rock climbing, running
    (unfortunatly can't do them due to injury)

Hate: strolling, pushups
    ( small amounts of low impact is what i'm limited to at the moment)
  • babenes
    babenes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Basically any kind of resistance/ weight training i love them all. I hate cardio but gotta do it. So glad i have ipod and gym has tv so i can at least use those to distract me until my cardio is over :-)