What are you favourite and least favourite exercises?

Options

Replies

• LMSCROGG
    LMSCROGG Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I will be honest, my least favourite are Jillain Michaels dvds. Though they are quite effective with the results. They are way too painful on my back and knee(I have Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome) And I in all honestly do not enjoy one moment of the exercise. I pretty much end up feeling like I'm either going to faint or have a heart attack. And I did give it a good try. I managed 11 days of the 30 Day Shred, but only 3 days of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

No doubt some people actually enjoy her workouts and good on you. But for me, it's like a form of torture :indifferent:

They say, the workout that you will stick to, is the workout you enjoy. So pretty much, that is why I never finished the 30 Day Shred and gave up pretty fast on the other one.

So far I have found enjoyment wise, I like walking, which is especially good for if I'm feeling the least motivated, as it's easy! The Kerry Katona workout dvd and Zumba. EA Active 2 is quite good too. But I guess I get unmotivated about how long it takes to set things up for that. Pretty much for me, if it's relatively easy to start and get ready for, I don't need as much motivation. Though, I don't think working out in my jeans and regular top is so sensible!

I had to "quote" this just to make sure I did not miss anything :-)
    I was going good on 30 day shred (with modified techniques) until I went to level 3...needless to say, it has not been done again ever since. I was doing EA 2 as well and then started 30 day shred. I am now between zumba (dvd's and classes) and Sean T's Rockin Body. I like them a lot more. It is fun for me. I close my door to my bedroom and just go. I need my exercise to be convenient and fun. But after reading this I might pop in my EA Sport 2 again.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Favs: road running, step, weighted squats and wood chops

Hats: lateral raises, arnold presses, yoga and dry treadmill runs
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Jogging, Biking, Hiking (any activity outdoors). I am so glad it is cooling down in Houston now.
    Least Favorite: Jumping Planks, stair stepper, elliptical (my feet go numb after a few minutes)
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Squats
    Hate: YTWL (I'm truly embarrassed to grab light dumbbells, and I have to for these...)
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Mountain biking, road biking, jogging, hiking

Least favorite: Pretty much anything to do with weights and/or calisthenics. I don't know why, but I will ride/run all day long but would rather have hot pokers stuck in my eyes than lift weights (although I know I need to).
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Burpees suck..... The end.....

This.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I hate yoga more than anything. really, anything i can give 100% effort to and still not break a sweat (i.e. Walking, yoga, dancing, tae bo) and i get bored. im like, "can i jump yet? is it time to sprint yet? is it still yoga if i do burpees in between vinyasas?"

I like Insanity (because if you arent having a stroke, youre still in the warmup!) i also like really heavy strength training. ive recently started to like tennis, because my fiance and i are terrible at it and it turns into sprinting and jumping pretty fast.
  • Yrla
    Yrla Posts: 19
    Options
    I have a lot of favourites - but perhaps cycling comes first, especially days like today when I went on a three-hour bike ride in the sunshine with my sister. A close second is the circuit training (mostly weights and bodyweight exercises) I do at home - I love how you can get such an incredibly hard workout with so little equipment. Mind you, few things beat a really good run... To be honest, I think what my favourite workout is depends on my mood!

My least favourite are any kind of group exercise classes - I absolutely hate working out in a room full of lots of other people.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Cycling

Non-favorite: V-Ups (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuAquZKVuUk)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Running and running.
    I love it and hate it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Love - walking
    Hate - push-ups and sit-ups
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    love--kickboxing. <3 also walking/running, aerobics, dancing.
    hate--squats, & anything involving that i get on the floor. lmao.

sometimes i really dread weight training;
    i need to force myself to do it. :I
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    I love and hate the same exercises. Hate them because they're painful, love them because they kick my booty and give me results:

Running stairs
    Burpees w/pushup
    Sprinting in sand

I do really, really love hot yoga though (don't think there's any hate there!)
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My favorite would be strength training, and my least favorite would be the elliptical.
  • getfitnow33
    Options
    :noway: My least fav would be anything at the gym! i hate going to the gym its just torture!!!!

My Fav would be Kettle Worx and just walking love JUST WALKING! i am not that person that loves to workout and dont think i ever will be. In fact i hate it and hate is a very strong word! :sad: :cry: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad:

16730282.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    My favorite so far is the Wii Fit workout. I really only do yoga and strength training on it and get my cardio elsewhere (cleaning around the house, "dance parties" ((LOL)), the occasional workout DVD) but it really works up a sweat on me, especially the strength training.

My least favorite is anything super progressed...what I mean by that is there's absolutely no beginner level...which I desperately need. Lol.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    my fav's are walking, bike riding, hiking, swimming
    I hate push ups and pull ups
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say that my LEAST favorite is most ANY fitness video. Fitness Blenders are the only ones I've ever found that don't just make me want to punch the model in the nose after about 30 seconds with all that perky, perfect body "act like you like it" load of smelly things!! As to favorites...I think "favorite" is too strong a word in my case...more like the most tolerable, or the ones I DISLIKE the least, the ones I will stick with in spite of myself...and those would have to be biking and swimming (on the rare occasion I get to use a pool); and then those Fitness Blender videos I mentioned above.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fav- running, lifting heavy things
    Dislike- swimming(pool is always packed)
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Most fav- DEFINITELY strength training...least favorite- BURPEES