T.H.E. Team (Trying Hard Everyday) Week 43 Open to everyone

Options
Welcome to the group that tries hard everyday (THE) Anyone and everyone is welcome to this group. No matter how overweight you are, or even if your struggling to maintain you will find the support and advice here. We share ideas and tips to help others become more successful with their health and advice to help overcome our battles. If you need support this is the place to come. With the holidays coming up we could all use the extra support. We share our stories here and laugh. We share success and we share failure. This is a great group of people and everyone is always welcome. We post on Friday like this...

CC_Campbell 81 SW 149 GW 130 CW 144 -5 lbs lost since 22 Oct 09
Pawprint- sw 168, gw 130, cw 149

We copy and paste the list while adding to it.
sw is starting weight
gw is goal weight
cw is current weight.

We also have some holiday challenges going on that spice things up a little and puts a little more motivation into it.

Holiday Challenge-
CC_Campbell 81 -weigh 140 by Jan 1st, 2010
Pawprint lose 15 pounds by Christmas, I have 9 more pounds to go.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I didn't gain any or lose any which makes me super happy. I did great with portion control and got to eat a little bit of everything that I wanted too. I hope everyone did great. It was just one day so if some you did go over, it's ok. It's just one day.

Way to go CC on not gaining either. It was a stressful week for me too. It sounds like you had your hands full hosting your first dinner. I'm hoping that it went smoothly for you.

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I lost you guys for a while, I guess.

jlb123 - sw 270, gw 150, cw 237.0 - -3.4 pounds this week

Holiday Challenge-
    jlb123 - 225 by 01/01/10 12 pounds to go
    I met my Thanksgiving goal of 240 last Saturday.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Way to go Jlb. Welcome back. Wondered where you disappeared to. That's awesome on the loss and on the meeting of the goal. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hey guys would it be OK if I joined? I have been here since July and I am doing pretty well. But the few friends that I have made have all vanished. My name is Pam.

Guidos Gal sw 224, gw 164 cw,193 one pound this week
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Welcome Guidos Gal. Everyone is welcome. People come and people go. People will pop in here and there to say hi and check in. With the holidays coming up a lot of people are busy. Welcome to the group. I joined in June and I love this site. I have found that I've lost more in the past few months than I have ever.. and I've been trying for several years. It makes way more sense now. Nice to meet you Pam, and I hope you'll stick around for awhile :smile:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We just had hamburgs on the grill so I managed to stay within my calorie range.

pinbotchick sw 237, gw 140, cw 217 ; Even for this week

Holiday Challenge-
    jlb123 - 225 by 01/01/10 12 pounds to go
    pinbotchick - to lose 10 by New Years
  • pawprint061
    Options
    So after some thinking, I've come to the conclusion that I'll be excluding red meat from my diet for awhile to see if it helps my IBS. From what I have read and from what other's have told me red meat is a huge trigger for IBS discomfort. So... we'll see. If by excluding red meat I still have problems my next step will be to start excluding products that are made from Glutton. My sister has Crohns disease and has issues like mine but far more serious. So, we'll see what happens. I have already cut my red meat down a huge amount but with my severe acid reflux it's causing extreme discomfort. I'm hoping this will help. I can eat other meats such as pork and chicken, and of course fish. I'll have to get use to getting protein other ways but I'm sure I can handle it.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Where is everyone at?? :frown:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Glad you had a great. Thankgiving I'e been hopping like crazy. Shopped for 11 hours in 2 days. Got alot done. Ive gained back a few lbs over the lat 2 weeks from being sick and not paying attention at all and Thanksgiving. I will be paying more attention and trying to get on track this week. I've still got my "sicknes" problem but I am getting better. I have to have a colonoscopy once the inflammation calms down to see what is going on. But a least most of the pain is gone. So I do feel better.

I love your dog story Cindy. I went to petco with my daughter to buy my grand daughter food for her hermit crab and they had cats for adoption. I fell in love with 2 of them. My son said if you would have brought home 2 cats I would have killed you. Then last night he said "Can we go look at them" he fell in love with the 1st one i did. You have to go to the humane society to do the adoption then pick the cat up at petco. Well we found out that if we rent we have to prove we can have pets. We I am not supposed to but i've had a cat for almost 4 yrs now. So we are trying to find a person who own a home to adopt her for us and then give her to us. Cindy I might need you to come up here and get this cat for me LOL

Hope everyone has a great week. I'll check in more often and get back on track.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Bee that is so funny! I would do it too.. if ya really needed me too. Diego Im sure would love the car ride.. :0)
    Im a little poor until the middle of the month tho so not sure I could afford gas to get up there. Next week, Im going to Baltimore with hubby so I can see Howard and well, I already spent way too much money at Best Buy last night. Hubby got his blue-ray player and I got a wii sport and wii fit plus... LOL... Ive been playing this wii all morning and my thighs are so tired tired...but its fun and beats the heck out of farmville on facebook! At least Im off my butt!! haha!

What I didnt like was how OLD it said my wii age is...or how much it said I weighed, or what my BMI is!! NOT happy AT ALL!! So.. Im pretty dang determined to make it better. I dont understand the weight thing, cuz my scale hasnt really budged more than 2lbs in the last few months. According to the wii tho, its budged alot! :sad: :angry: So I guess all I can do is get off my butt and get to where I wanna be!

Congrats to all who made it with no gain this past week! Here's to a new week :drinker:
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Hey I am still here. I have had another family situation. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Bw back later in week to post
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Pam I forgot to say welcome earlier. The gals that are still here from our group are really nice gals. Maybe you can help liven us up a bit. I got most of us hooked on facebook on farmtown or farmville so they don't come as often. I fell off the wagon but i will be trying to get back on it before it rolls down the hill. LOL My name is Debbie by the way, I am 51 yrs old and live near Seattle.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Bee-- It's good to hear that the pain is getting better. It'll be better when it's gone though. I hope that your colonoscopy turns out okay and I pray they find out what is going on. I hope that you get your kitty... I love my kitty. We got her through PetSmart and I love her. I use to work for PetSmart and it was hard... I use to clean the kitty room and it was hard when one became attached to you.

LosingIt4good--Diego is so cute. I am so happy that you adopted a dog. I work for a dog adoption and service dog program now and it's something special to me, it's a great thing. I want a Wii so bad... I'm listening to everyone talk about it and I really want one. What kinda games did you get for it?

losingweightforme--I hope everything is ok... keep us updated... I hope you had a great thanksgiving too.

Update: We went shopping today and I did great as did my boyfriend with my choice to no longer eat red meat. We bought a steak but that is something that he can fix and I can can still enjoy the sides with maybe a bite or two of the meat and that's it. I got him to agree to try turkey burgers with me on the grill. I have had them before but never on the grill. He knows I'm serious but doesn't think it will last long. We'll see lol.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice welcome guys. I appreciate it. I have benn on the site sense the end of July and I have been doing pretty well but I think it will be nice to have some pals on the site :smile: I live in norther Cal cose to San Fran and Napa Valley (Wine country) I look forward to getting to know all of you :flowerforyou: Bee thats funny about farming on facebook those games have kidnapped alot of my friends (they keep trying to talk me into it)but I dont do dirt (even if it is virtual). :bigsmile:
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Pam don't even get started. I play about 12 games and I don't have time for anything else. I even sign onto my sons acount and play the games on his. I work full time and play farms!!! And eat!

I think if the kitty is to be it will come easy. We will have to see.
  • manda1111
    Options
    hey,
    So I survived Thanks giving with a 1 lbs gain. Not too bad, but I have to be more dedicated. I don't want to give up half way through the process because I'm tiered. I need to work on ways to re-energize myself and get motivated. I think I need to set some goals for myself and focus on them. I also need to sit down and look at my week and see where there are opportunities that I am missing. I will be out of double choir rehearsals in a week and that will help a lot. man the holidays are crazy. I swear any kind of schedule just goes right out the window. At least my husband and I got a few things accomplished around the house that have been lingering (fixing electrical outlets, adding insulation a few places, Spackle and I finished painting the master bathroom. So I didn't wast all my time but I did notice that it was a lot harder to get up and work out when not in the regular rue-teen.

Any how I hope you ladies have a great week I'll weight in on friday.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Glad to see everyone made it safely through the Thanksgiving weekend. I was able to do double workouts this weekend thanks to the warm weather (40 degrees - it's really a heat wave for northern MI this time of year). My walks outside probably wont last much past this week. Once the snow falls, I am going to look into cross country skiing and snow shoeing.

Crazybee - good luck with the kitty. I love my 5 cats. My husband calls me the crazy cat woman :blushing: They have been hilarious around the Christmas tree, climbing in the manger and getting into the boxes as I'm decorating.

guidosgal - welcome. I visited your area about 15 years ago when my husband went to brewing school. I have lots of great memories from my site seeing there.

pawprint - good luck with eating less red meat. I go through periods of time when I do this and I always seem to feel better.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Morning gang. I feel like I have spent way too much time on the computer lately. It's been one of those weeks.... my daughter is getting into everything and I don't feel like dealing with it... if the mother in law would help and start baby proofing the house more I'd be better... oh well... now my daughter is in this screaming thing. She's 18 months and she screams for the heck of it.

Manda-1 pound gain really isn't that bad at all. It sounds like you have so much stuff going on I don't know how you have done so much with your weight loss already.

Bee--I'm now addicted to cafe world and country life... those are the only two I really play anymore but I log in for my boyfriend and take care of his games while he's at work lol.

pinbotchick-- My aunt use to do cross country skiing. She was so skinny when she did it too. Kept her in shape she said. But be careful.. she broke her leg..
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Pinbotchick - glad you enjoyed the weather this weekend in Mochigan - we did here in central Indiana too - walked a lot Saturday. But 33 degrees this morning and a girlfriend and I just returned from an hour worth of walking. It felt good. I hate to see the snow come

Amanda1111 - Glad you survived Thanksgivng. I too have grown tired and reallly been just piddling around but got a boost of motivation today so I am hoping to carry it through

guidosgal I too forgot to welcome you. My name is Lisa from Indiana. You will enjoy this group.

Crazybee - You can do this - you have come too far to fall back now. return with small baby steps and it will come. Glad you feel better.

Pawprint - I too want a wii and the game. I amhinting for my birthday - early but as both kids are having new babies soon I don't hold high hopes. Good - Luck getting yours. Good - luck with the meat too. I hope it works.

Losingit4good - how is the wii going? do you like it and is it helping with the exercising? I too am wanting one.

My goals for the next 12 days is to really move my body and watch my calories and drink my water.. My huge weight goal is 30 pounds by my birthday - April 19th. No more excuses - only moving to get where I want. Please help - I don't want to whine anymore.I just want to get it done and maintain this summer. I am off here to go exercise.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    OMG I am SO SORE!!! I didnt realize just how bad this wii was gonna kick my butt! haha!! I spend about an hour last night with the kids getting used to the games, then this morning a friend of mine popped by and we played with the dang thing taking turns for 3 hours. I did every single thing there was to do and now my butt, abs, thighs and hips are cursing me.. ahahaha!! It feels good tho, Im pretty happy with the results.

She's coming back tomorrow so we can take the dogs for a walk (she has a chiquaqua/rat terrier mix that diego is in love with) and then we are gonna try the yoga thing on the wii fit. Either way.. Im paying the price for sitting on my bum for the past few months. Serves me right to be so sore!! Its nice to know tho that if the weather gets crappy, I have no excuse and the cool thing is that its fun, so you dont really feel it until later.

Since hubby is gone, Im also cleaning the garage out. All the leftover garage sale stuff from this last summer went to the goodwill and its about 2/3 of the way done. Just haul a couple more things and its finished. Thats also some exercise.

Eating today wasnt the best, but Im within calories.

For the newbies... my name is Cyndi, Im 36 and a SAHM with 3 teens. Im one of the original members of THE Team that started last January. I lost steadily until June, then hit a plateau and fell off the MFP wagon. Ive managed to maintain until just recently and have gained a little back, but I aint changing my ticker just yet. Im determined its not sticking around!! Just got back to doing exercise again on a more regular basis. Aside from being frustrated with the plateau I got bored and mad at my gym and quit that, so now Im looking at other ways to burn them calories. (usually walking or something similar) Welcome to the team!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    pinbotchick sw 237, gw 140, cw 217 ; Even for this week
    lulubar sw 205/gw145/cw181 = down 1 lb last week!

Yayy! I'm celebrating the minus 1, cuz doing that during Thanksgiving week shows me it WILL be possible to maintain during the Christmas holidays!

So, it's GREAT to see you all here! Welcome Guidos Gal ( Pam )!!! Love getting newbies to THE Team!

JLB - girl! You are STILL rockin' it! Way to go!

I had a great time being with my family in Texas ~ But got sick as a dawg! Ended up in the emergency clinic on Thanksgiving-eve - got a really PAINFUL shot in the bootie plus 4 prescriptions. Sort of had to isolate myself for a couple of days because both my mom and my aunt are terminally ill and have basically zero immune system. That part stunk, but I would not in a million years want to jeopardize their health - so I just tucked myself away until 24 hours after my shot, and then still kept my distance. All in all though, it was a great trip.

Funny story.... I think I told you that my TX family raises goats (yuck) and there are about a billion of them. Well, one kept following my son around and my son (Austin) thought he was sweet so he kept scratching the goat's head - thus the goat fell in love and decided to "mark" Austin. My son (who is a grown 20 year-old boy by the way, which makes this even funnier) thought the goat had sneezed on him and said "Ah, gross, he sneezed on me." To which my very country step-dad said "No, son, that goat just ejected on you!" ROTFLMAO! "Ejected?", the 24 year-old daughter says, looking at my step-dad like he's crazy. "Yes," he says, "You know.... sperm." At which point my son FREAKS out! My aunt tells me later that she thought Austin was gonna wash the color right outta his pants! Lol! I have never laughed soooo hard! And we could NOT quit laughing at my step-dad's use of the word "ejected!" So, for Christmas, my daughter's boyfriend (who was with us) is giving Austin a pregnancy test and a book on "How to Raise Goats!" I would make the 14 hour drive all over again just for the laugh of the ejecting goat!

So, anyway.... great to see you all ~ looking forward to a healthy week with eating right ~ exercising ~ and drinking ALL my water!

later gaters,
    lulu