T.H.E. Team (Trying Hard Everyday) Week 43 Open to everyone

Options
2»

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hey LuLu that was to funny ( I didnt know that how goats did that I know that camels spit at you Hope that doesnt mean any more than spit)Thanks for the giggle today I am lookinfg forward to getting to know all of you. Hope you all had a Happy Monday!!!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Just saying hi. I am feeling motivated this week. I already set up my lunches and breakasts for the week so that I can stay on track. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Lulu, that story is so funny! :laugh:

My knees are conspiring to kill me so I have to take a few days off running (I was only doing it 4x/week... :grumble: ). I even have to take a few days off walking for exercise because it really hurts to even walk (actually, it hurts worse to walk than it does to run). I know it's just that my legs aren't used to running and I'm sure my muscles are all out of proportion & plus I weigh a whole lot so that stresses the knees anyway before adding running into the equation at all. So, slowly I will go and build up my muscles and bone strength and cut running down to once or twice a week and then when I've lost more weight,I'll be able to run more often. I'm just a little sad because my stamina was improving so much. Strictly biking, stretching, and strength training it is until my knees feel better. :ohwell:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Morning Gals,

Today I am going to try to drink my water and take my water pill. That is my baby step. I need water bad. Also I bought a mint green tea. I like to drink hot stuff in the morning. Does that count as water? I know Coffee doesn't.

I have over half my Christmas shopping done. I am excited. Now I need to get my tree up and get them wrapped.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    oohh yeah Pawprint, i am totally hooked on country life i play mine and my sons. You and I are both addicts. I stopped playing everthing else. I do play on farmtown a little still. I bought the second farm on that this weekend so I had to plant some crops on it but I am still kind of bored with it. Did I get you hooked on country life? I know I invited you to be my neighbor but don't know if you were plaing before i invited you.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    oohh yeah Pawprint, i am totally hooked on country life i play mine and my sons. You and I are both addicts. I stopped playing everthing else. I do play on farmtown a little still. I bought the second farm on that this weekend so I had to plant some crops on it but I am still kind of bored with it. Did I get you hooked on country life? I know I invited you to be my neighbor but don't know if you were plaing before i invited you.

I had never even heard of it before you invited me. I need more neighbors though. I can't buy more land with out them... I only need two more people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    My knees are conspiring to kill me so I have to take a few days off running (I was only doing it 4x/week... :grumble: ). I even have to take a few days off walking for exercise because it really hurts to even walk (actually, it hurts worse to walk than it does to run). I know it's just that my legs aren't used to running and I'm sure my muscles are all out of proportion & plus I weigh a whole lot so that stresses the knees anyway before adding running into the equation at all. So, slowly I will go and build up my muscles and bone strength and cut running down to once or twice a week and then when I've lost more weight,I'll be able to run more often. I'm just a little sad because my stamina was improving so much. Strictly biking, stretching, and strength training it is until my knees feel better. :ohwell:

You might also try icing your knees, lots of stretching after runs, and make sure you have good/right shoes. Good job on all your hard work.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Good Evening Gals,

Crazybee - glad to hear you are feeling better. Baby steps are the way to do it. Did you get your water in today?

Lulu - enjoyed the story on the goat. Shared it with my daughter who used to love goats dearly. She said she would think twice when being around goats now.

LI4G - sounds like I need to get a wii for the winter time especially. it will change up the exercising. Thanks for the input.

jlb123 - sorry to hear about the knees. It does get better though. I have been there so hang in there - you will get through this

cc_campbell81 good job on the motivation

running late girls - will check in tomorrow after exercise.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    I drank 2 big cups of green tea so about 24oz does that count? I got some fruit in today. At work one of our doctors sent us and edible bouquet of fruit. Was great!! I didn't eat well today but i think i stayed within calories. I have to do better tomorrow. I need to go grocery shopping BAD then i can do better eating.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning everyone... I hope your week is going well. Mine has been fantastic. Christmas time and the lights just lift my spirits. I love to watch the silly Christmas movies on ABC family. I feel like a fish since all I have been drinking is water 10+ glasses a day. I have been at or under my calorie goals since Sunday (dont worry I have it set for 1 pound loss so my goal is 1530 before exercise).... I did 2 cardio workouts a day over the weekend and have gotten at least 45 min every day this week. I have even gotten my mother to drink more water since I read the thread about dehydration. She says it seems to be giving her more energy in the evenings. My patients think I am crazy because I have been doing a little extra activity by doing some of their exercises with them. I keep telling them "I'm just reminding you of proper technique" but they know I am sneaking in a little extra strength training.

Crazybee - I will let you count the green tea. Have you thought about a lemon slice or Crystal light packs to make water taste better? 3 glasses is better than none. Keep on trying. Thank goodness I haven't accepted any requests to join Farmville or any other sites like it. I'm addicted enough to MFP. I don't have any more time.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Crazybee, I think if people count their Crystal Light as water (I don't), you can definitely count green tea. Green tea with nothing added is probably a lot better for you than all the fake junk in Crystal Light (namely aspartame and artificial colors).

Folks say "well, if I ate the packet of CL and drank the water, it would count, so mixing the pack with water should count, too." Yeah, well with that logic, if I ate soda syrup and drank the carbonated water, the carbonated water would count as water so soda should count as water. I'm pretty sure, however, that most of those same people counting Crystal Light would agree that sugary soda (or even a diet soda) does not count as water intake.

I personally only count water as water. I don't have any problems drinking 80+oz/day of plain water. HOWEVER, 24oz of green tea is absolutely FANTASTIC when the alternative is soda or sugary juice or nothing at all, so great job! :flowerforyou: And if I were in your shoes, I'd count it as water, too. :wink:
  • guidosgal
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Hope you are having a great week. I am puting up the Christmas stuff today. Which consists of many trips up and down a latter and lifting lots of boxs. I have to pack up about 6 18 gallon tubs of knick nacks to put ut all the Xmas goodies (three day process) I am wishing this could count as exercise :huh: I keep saying I am going to scale back but the hubsand my Daughter say " AHHH that thing has to be out and this thing has to be out :sad: ITS NOT Christmas without it" So this year I am doing it while they are not home. I have a bet with myself that they will never miss what I did not put out :devil: Hope you all have a great day.
    Pam
  • manda1111
    Options
    Hey ya'll,

I can't wait for next week to be here. It is the end of double choir rehearsals! The kids at school went crazy when we had freak snow in the morning yesterday (I'm in TX). They are already dreaming about Christmas break though they just got back from thanks giving. Over all things here are good. Didn't do as much as I wanted exercise wise this week but I have to be really careful this time of year that I don't run myself into the ground. I think it will simmer down after Christmas vacation. i hope that all of you are enjoying the season. My kids at school went crazy when I put up Christmas lights, mind you these are high school students. I guess I just forget how young they really are sometimes. Well got to get ready for the day.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey gang. I've been out and about the past few days. I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow. I went to Outback this week with my boyfriend and we celebrated our three year anniversary. I did okay. I didn't go all out, but I know I went over. I had the Filet and stuffed shrimp along with a salad and some bread. It was soooo good. I nibbled on a bloomin onion but I didn't eat too much because of my acid reflux but I prepared myself with meds before and I was ok. We've been out with friends and doing stuff so I've been active for the most part. I worked today so I might be okay tomorrow... I tried to get in as much extra walking today as I could. That's it for now, gotta run. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Good luck gals
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Back on track this week:

SW 149 GW 130 CW 143 -6 lbs since 22 Oct 09

Holiday Challenge -weigh 140 by Jan 1st, 2010
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I'm struggling with knee pain this week (I started interval training a few weeks ago for a 5k). I haven't been able to walk or run for exercise since last Saturday. I'm feeling better today so I think tomorrow I may be able to run again. We'll see.

Anyway, with most of my usual exercise unavailable to me, I focused on my diet/nutrition this week. It worked, though I lost a lot less than I have for the last couple of weeks.

cc_campbell81: SW 149 GW 130 CW 143 -6 lbs since 22 Oct 09
    jlb123: SW: 270, GW 150, CW 236.0 = -1.4 pounds

Holiday Challenge:
    230 by 01/01/10 (really pushing for 225 but I just don't think that's going to happen)
  • guidosgal
    Options
    Morning girls,
    Hope everyone is fine. Woo Hoo 2 pounds this week (must have been from hauling all those Xmas boxs inandout the house and up and down the ladder) I was in Christmas up to my rear for 2 days (I could have been wearing galard underwear) :bigsmile:

cc_campbell81: SW 149 GW 130 CW 143 -6 lbs since 22 Oct 09
    jlb123: SW: 270, GW 150, CW 236.0 = -1.4 pounds
    guidosgal (aka Pam) SW 224, CW 191 = 2 pounds