Question for the well-endowed ladies with scale goals

Options
My question (read on or not, but this is the main idea): How much of a difference do big boobs have on your weight? Do you consider this when evaluating your weight goals? Or do you have to ignore the scale?

My blabber: So I have a goal weight of 140 - 145. Right now, at 5'4", I'm about a 155 - 157. So, okay, around ten to fifteen more pounds to lose.

However.

I've got some big ladies. I'm talking 36DDD. I used to be a 42DDD, but as I understand, the ladies aren't really going anywhere. So this raises a question.

If my boobs weigh around 6.5 - 7 pounds (from my own curiousity-- yes, go ahead and laugh at that mental image-- and an article I found on boob weight).... Does that mean I am closer to my goal than I think and I need to reevaluate? I know it's not that big of a deal, but I was wondering for those of you who are well endowed and close to your goal, do you take the girls into consideration?

I've never BEEN fit before and have no idea when a good time is to start toning. I'd previously figured that at an 8, I'd stop cutting so many calories and start doing weights to get to a size 4 - 6. But I am at an 8, and I'm 157 on some days! Not what I was expecting (especially after comparing bodies and weight on that mybodygallery.com). I was expecting to be around 140 - 145 at a size 8. Is this just a difference in my figure or should I really be taking my boobs into account?

Just curious what you guys did/thought about it.

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I used to be 150 - 38F/G and size 6/8 so yeah.. I'm currently 40 G/H 208 and size 14 at 5'6. I lose nearly nothing in my boobs when I lose weight so I will be heavier and smaller size because of them. I'd say if you carry like I do then you're probably safe to tone now ;)
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wow yeah!!

I went down in inches with my bra size but my cups stayed DDD (which, as I understand, is the same as an E or an F. I shove them into a double D (and are constantly shoving them BACK into them ALL day) so that I can wear the pretty Victoria Secret bras.

They aren't going anywhere, seems like! They are bigger than my head. -.-; SIGH
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    When I get closer to my goal weight, I will definitely be weighing my ladies too! There is NO WAY that their weight won't add extra pounds to a seemingly fit body... and I am not going to stress over my last 10 pounds if I look good and think it's really just my girls sabotaging the number on the scale.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is a good question that I've often pondered. I'm not quite as well endowed as you (will be 34D when I am at goal) - but I figure each girl must weight at least 3 to 5 pounds. My "goal" weight is 150 - which is slightly higher that it should be for someone my height (5'3") but I feel great at that weight and allow a little extra for the girls.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    just my 2cents worth - I take the weight of the girls into the whole and count more the inches than the scale - if you fit the clothes you like and are happy with how you look & feel then it doesnt matter so much what the scale says - toning is something you can do at any weight as the exercise will just help you to keep losing but will still be building better muscle tone so it's a win-win - my issue with the girls is that the lingerie makers seem to think that because our girls are bigger it means we dont like cute/pretty/funky bras and only seem to make plain old white, black & beige bras - this annoys me - because Im a 40DD means I dont want a saucy red lace bra or a purple polka dot one - good luck with reaching your goals!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    I definately take it into consideration. My goal is 135 & I'm 5 3. But my boobs aren't going anywhere....that's always the last place I lose. So if I get to 140-145 and am happy that's fine. I think a persons shape makes all the difference! I'm actually comfortable now at 158 but would like to tone up my legs/butt so would like to lose another 10-15.
  • half_moon
    Options
    I wonder if there is a legitimate way to weigh them, like with water displacement or something?

But even then, this is a legitimate concern, right? It's a bit different than saying "I have a big butt so I'll take 15 pounds off my current weight!" because they aren't going away, and while they ARE fat, it's not quite the same.
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was a 38E I'm now 36DD and at goal I should be a D cup (been at goal before so know this :)
    I just ignore the extra weight of them my goal is for me as a whole.
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    my issue with the girls is that the lingerie makers seem to think that because our girls are bigger it means we dont like cute/pretty/funky bras and only seem to make plain old white, black & beige bras - this annoys me - because Im a 40DD means I dont want a saucy red lace bra or a purple polka dot one - good luck with reaching your goals!

This bugs me too.....just because someone has big boobs doesn't neccessarily mean they are "big" every where else! Wish Victoria secrets would figure that out!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MsNegron
    MsNegron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am your same height and weight, and a 34 HH. I don't PERSONALLY consider boob weight in my goal. I consider clothes fit, and how my body looks. I do have a goal of about 8 more lbs as far as MFP is considered, but I still want a better, more fit body, so I don't know if i'm going to stop at 8 lbs.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and a few years back I was down to 133lbs.....size 4 and was still a 36DDD. I never really had a problem with what the scale said it was how I looked in the mirror. For one, for a shirt to fit, had to be at least one size larger just to accommodate the gals (making me look larger and boxy).... and forget about button front shirts. On top of that being petite means that the distance between my boobs and my hips is not all that great so the fullness of my boobs encroached on my middle again making me look boxy. I had a breast reduction and am so happy I did! Aside from the fact that my waist is now visible..... I can buy any 36C off the rack including the pretty VS ones...... swim suits... no problem, button shirts are now my friend and I don't spend hardly any money getting things tailored any more. For me it was always about shape and not weight.
  • HeinzPrincess
    Options
    I was a 38 H at 190 pounds and now I'm a 36 H around 160 pounds...honestly, I have a goal weight in mind (duh, my screen name says that) but I have a bigger goal of a certain size/measurements. I understand where you are coming from! Mine are here to stay!
  • MsNegron
    MsNegron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find great bras on www.biggerbras.com and at MyIntimacy.com ... BUT I do pay a pretty penny per bra. I personally don't really care how pretty the bra is, I care how pretty my girls look under my clothes lol... I LOVE a perfectly fitted bra, it feels like wearing nothing at all. No digging straps, no back strap riding up, and no more that 2 boobs at a time lol.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm only a 34D and they don't shrink or grow - just my back gets bigger when I'm heavy. So I'm aiming at 130 and don't worry about the extra boob waight.
  • half_moon
    Options
    my issue with the girls is that the lingerie makers seem to think that because our girls are bigger it means we dont like cute/pretty/funky bras and only seem to make plain old white, black & beige bras - this annoys me - because Im a 40DD means I dont want a saucy red lace bra or a purple polka dot one - good luck with reaching your goals!

This bugs me too.....just because someone has big boobs doesn't neccessarily mean they are "big" every where else! Wish Victoria secrets would figure that out!

Oh man, this. When I was a 42DDD, I was stuck with beige. -.- If they did have a patterned one, it was so stretched across the wires it was terrifyingly ugly. Too cheap to spend an extra 2 cents on cloth?

All of my bras look like parachutes anyway. Sigh!

I don't necessarily want a breast reduction. They've been good to me and have gotten me out of a few tickets. Haha.
  • half_moon
    Options
    I find great bras on www.biggerbras.com and at MyIntimacy.com ... BUT I do pay a pretty penny per bra. I personally don't really care how pretty the bra is, I care how pretty my girls look under my clothes lol... I LOVE a perfectly fitted bra, it feels like wearing nothing at all. No digging straps, no back strap riding up, and no more that 2 boobs at a time lol.

I got this push up at VS that is so cool-- no adjustable straps and some pretty lace so I get some pretty detail. My problem is an exercise bra!! I look like a fool in all of my classes because the girls are flipping around like crazy.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am laughing at the mental image of you weighing your boobs...and laughing at the image of me attempting to do the same. hahaha. But I'm a 36DD currently and I wouldn't mind being as low as a C, as long as these puppies are perky ;). I'm also trying to change my mindset that it doesn't matter what the scale says, as long as I'm losing inches. I know I give too much power to a "number", when that's just part of the "being healthy" picture. And I would go ahead and start toning, it's never too early to start.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options

I got this push up at VS that is so cool-- no adjustable straps and some pretty lace so I get some pretty detail. My problem is an exercise bra!! I look like a fool in all of my classes because the girls are flipping around like crazy.

I recommend Moving Comfort sports bras - they are great at keeping breasts where they are supposed to be.

I don't worry about the weight of my breasts. I will see when I get closer to my goal whether I have lost fat in that area and adjust accordingly.
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44K!!! I don't worry about including the girls weight in my goal --- my goal is a boob reduction when I get down to goal weight. The girls are too much of a pull on my back. But I don't want the reduction until I know I'm at a stable weight. I will be curious the weight of the girls, though.