exercise poll

Options
2»

Replies

• jroselive2012
    Options
    If there's a time that works best for you, do it then. I can't exercise without food at any time. I can go so much faster and push harder with fuel to back it up.
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    for me... it is right away in the am... 5 am to be exact. I don't eat.. makes me quesy but I do have a protein shake immedaitely after my workout.
    If I do an evening workout it would also be before I eat...
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    For me, I find that working out right after work/before supper works best for me during the week. I just grab a piece of fruit and drink a big glass of water before I leave work, get home and immediately get on my workout gear, sweat my butt off for half an hour, and then have suppper once I'm done. I'm pretty hungry when I'm done, so I make sure that I do all of the prep work for supper the night before so I can make supper fairly quickly. On the weekends, I like to work out in the morning about an hour after I get up to get it out of the way (but I won't get up early just to exercise ever!).

This is exactly me, except that I eat a greek yogurt instead of fruit in the afternoon at work. I need the protein to keep me full for a while so I don't get home and eat everything in the cabinets before I work out! Every time I skipped my yogurt, I have done this and ruined my workout.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Exercising is really what works for you. I do best to exercise first thing in the morning after hydrating (no food). However, I've become adept to exercising any time. I however, am less motivated to exercise after work because I am tired and if I exercise too close to bedtime, I am unable to go to sleep.

You will find the right balance for you; try different times and different things (food/no food); my sister has to have a little something before running. My husband won't do it without having coffee first. You will find your right balance.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If im going to workout once a day i prefer it to be in the morning and it is on an empty stomach .( I've had a peice of fruit before a workout a few times, but i prefer an empty stomach
    My afternoon workouts i've obviously had food, but i dnt workout no sooner than an hour after i hve had food.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I cant work out in the a.m. im just not a morning person, and empty stomach workouts are a no-no for me. Im hypoglycemic and will crash in a major way. my first workout starts around 1:45pm and my last workout ends around 7:15pm.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Quick poll.... Do you think its better to exercise first thing in the morning ( and if so empty stomach? or something light like a banana first?) or in the evening around 6 or 7 with healthy dinner after?

For me, it's better to work out in the evenings after dinner and homework is over. Usually, I have to get dinner started as soon as I get home, then help the kids with their school work. By then it's about 7pm, so same time of day, but dinner's already long since done. There is NO WAY my family would wait until after 8pm to eat dinner.
  • SarahElizabeth416
    SarahElizabeth416 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the morning but only after a couple egg whites or a banana, and then after i will have greek yogurt or more protein.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to preference - for me, I work out in the evenings 7pm-ish and have dinner afterwards. I'm not a morning person:bigsmile:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I do both. I get up for a quick cardio session around 5:35, and then I go home from work and do either cardio or strength (around 1.5-2 hours) around 5:15.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Whatever works for you.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I like to exercise between 3:30 and 5. I have been a widow for many years and feel that being active during this time frame fends off loneliness at dinner time.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I lift better in the afternoon. Cardio doesn't matter.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a preference or notice a difference working out at different times. During the school year when I have to work all day I workout when I get home before dinner. During the summer I have been working out in the morning, sometimes before eating, sometimes after. I'm just not that consistent.
  • topyule
    topyule Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For me the morning is best. It starts my day and is a great way to wake up. I have whey protein before I leave for the gym. i have tried working out in the evenings, but had trouble sleeping.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Which do I think is better? Whichever one a person WILL DO :) Workouts can happen at any time as long as they are done. With that being said: I do mine in the evening after work and school on weekdays and do them in afternoons on weekends.