Favorite motivational quote?

Options

Replies

• cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda silly but I use it a lot "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday"
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My two favs are not really about weight-loss but more about self-esteem which I think is part of most of our struggles.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken - Oscar Wilde

Love a lot, trust a few but always paddle your own canoe! -don't know who said it first but I saw it on the back of a builders van whilst stuck in traffic after a horrendous day and it's become my motto for life.

I agree completely. Self-esteem is very important. You have to love and respect yourself enough to get the motivation you need. I would say "always drive your own car" too, but I get pretty good cardio when someone else drives my car!
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's not so much an 'inspirational quote', but more a statement that I didn't even know existed until recently, although it's a lifestyle philosophy I thought up of years ago:

"Competition is a by-product of productive work, not its goal. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." Ayn Rand
  • YungBuck
    YungBuck Posts: 50
    Options
    Have a ton, but my top three are:

"Insist on yourself. Never imitate." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure." - Edward Eggleston

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” -- Theodore Roosevelt
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When a problem comes along, you must whip it.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    "The stronger you get, the weaker his knees."
  • spencerrocs
    spencerrocs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Suffer The Pain of Discipline or Suffer the pain of Regret.
  • Diannerv26point2
    Diannerv26point2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    : In the end everything will be okay. If it isnt okay, it isnt the end.

: When you believe in something, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.---Walt Disney

:The greatest adventure is what lies ahead. Today and tomarrow are yet to be said. The chances, the changes, are all yours to make. The mold of your life is in your hands to break.---J.R. Tolkein
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    "Fear is a LIAR."

"That little voice in your head that says 'You can't do this,' is a liar."

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I keep finding them as pictures and putting them in my screensaver folder, I have a bunch of them now! :)

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." <- THIS! I can't remember whose quotation this is, but I had it written in my quotation journal that I have since lost, unfortunately. Most definitely a favorite.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    JILLIAN MICHAELS QUOTE – Did you die? Then why are you stopping?

“Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!"

Jillian Michaels terrifies me! I would be a puddle of tears if she was my mentor!
  • x_iceberg
    x_iceberg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Fat lasts longer than flavor.

You can't change the past but you can change the future.

My favourite quotes.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    "Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."

Also, get yourself a board going on pinterest for motivational sayings, clothes you would like to wear, goals you would like to achieve etc... it works well for me!

http://pinterest.com/woodlandgifts/motivation/

That is an excellent idea! A "vision board" of sorts. I need to create one of those for the office as well.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    When a problem comes along, you must whip it.

HAHAHA Whip it! Whip it good! The rest of my evening should be interesting between Harry Belafonte, A-HA and Devo alternating through my head. Thanks! xD
  • kpotts68
    kpotts68 Posts: 22
    Options
    Your goals should be out of reach, not out of sight.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    : In the end everything will be okay. If it isnt okay, it isnt the end.

: When you believe in something, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.---Walt Disney

:The greatest adventure is what lies ahead. Today and tomarrow are yet to be said. The chances, the changes, are all yours to make. The mold of your life is in your hands to break.---J.R. Tolkein

Tolkien! <3
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    - Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret

Got this as my desktop background to keep memotivated
  • spencerrocs
    spencerrocs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i also have it has my Background!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Well #1 is Pain is just Weakness Leaving the Body; I have this shirt (my son is in the USMC and I wore this for last year's Warrior Dash)

“Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” (didn't realize this was from Michael Jordan) If you have to dig a tunnel under it; walk around it; build a catapult to power yourself over it...whatever it takes!

And not really about weight loss but it's really good (it took me a while to learn but I finally got it)

"Bloom Where You Are"
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    lol :)