Can you really eat anything and lose?

Options

Replies

• Marquerite11
    Marquerite11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want and have my diary open for my friends to view. I make sure that I don't go over my goals and if what I want is going to send me over, I workout more and treat myself. My body is confused and doesn't know what I'm going to do next so it make my metabolism work harder (I guess that's what it's doing lol) Now everyone's body is different and I can't say what works for me will work for everyone.

So far I've lost 30lbs doing so and I plan to lose more. :drinker:
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    I stay within my calories, exercise daily and eat what I want in moderation. I really think that if you cut out anything you enjoy completely, it will set you up for failure. You can eat things you like, just stay within your calories.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want all day and lose. And by "whatever I want" I mean healthy foods that I tell myself are delicious and are exactly what I want until I get to like them. And then I like them and then I'm not lying to myself anymore!
  • thunderthyghz
    thunderthyghz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    YES!:happy:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I just cut BACK on calorie-dense foods such as pizza, chips, and desserts, and increased the amount and frequency of salads and fresh vegetables.
    I did NOT deprive myself of ANYTHING.
    I'm on maintenance now and had 2 donuts this morning.
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    Zaph0d...love the pic!!
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open, I have eaten out four times this week....I lost 1.6lbs...not nutritionally the best week, but yes..you can still lose weight.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity…have any of you lost weight eating anything you wanted but staying with in your calorie limit???

I don't eat anything and everything I want, but yes, I often processed food, fast food, restaurant food, deserts, etc. Do I eat ONLY processed food, fast food, restaurant food and deserts? No. Probably only 40% of my food falls into these categories.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Just ask the Nutrition Professor from the University of Kansas and his Twinkie diet.

This is what I was thinking!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Of course you can - however; bad choices are always going to be bad choices.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Well today I had McDonald's. Yesterday I had Tim Horton's. All week I was eating Domino's. I've lost 43 pounds.
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yeah i have, chocolate, cookies, crisps... iv made sure its been in with my cal allowance though but iv still lost weight every week.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    that's right 44 down so far and I eat what I want.
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    Lets get real here.
    If that were true nobody would be here on this site.
  • GoinOrganic
    GoinOrganic Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW what a topic... I believe many factors come into the picture, and the answer varies depending on the person's health/diet history and current health status.

If one has a propensity to sugar highs and LOWS, eating foods that make one's insulin move more radically will inhibit ones ability to loose; as will someone who is gluten intolerant lactose intolerant, or has irritable bowels...

It's a fact that those who have dieted most of their lives, have a harder time to loose, as their system is sooo out of whack, and needs to be stabilized prior to being able to loose.... liver toxicity can also contribute to the inability to loose.

You get my drift.... as many have stated, eating healthy ultimately impacts our energy, stamina, sleep cycles, etc... it's all about balance for each individual... one day at a time...
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Almost yes...I really have to watch how much pop I drink and really I am trying to cut it out all together. But on weeks where I eat like **** I may not loose. You have keep an eye on everything else as well...sodium,sugar,carbs....keeping all that in check as well
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    From my experience the lower my weight gets the stricter my diet needs to be to continue loosing weight. At the beginning of a diet I can eat just about anything and still loose, but then I hit the wall.
  • jamieraebowie
    Options
    I've tried this and have had little, very little success. I'm gonna guess the closer you r to your goal the weight the less this seems to work......just my experience on it anyway.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    i honestly dont think you will lose anything eating everything, with my personal experience i stopped eating fried food,sweets, drinking sodas, and lowered my carb intake and thats what helped me lose weight, i don't believe you can lose anything if you keep eating junk food or greesy food even if u stay within your calories.

So science is wrong, then?
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump