My Jaw Hit the Floor

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    They get worse. Check out the chick doing this 7 months pregnant!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnOWfj2TW4&feature=fvwrel

That was painful to watch!!!

srsly
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And this is why some people consider Crossfit to be like a cult.

Because people can look at that video and go "I don't see a problem."

No. That's not it. It's that you don't understand what's going on. I didn't say it was right. I said that I see these types of videos, they are all over YouTube, and they are used to show how CrossFit sucks, but this isn't CrossFit training. So, it's a flawed piece of propoganda. But, people that don't know are aghast. It probably works pretty well to keep people away from CrossFit.

OHHH I don't understand! I gotcha.

Because what I THOUGHT I saw with my own two eyes were people lifting weights they had no business even touching with form so shockingly bad it makes me cringe. While others stood on watching and cheering.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This is crossfit??! what? i dont understand why they are being cheered on instead of corrected? YEAH! GO GIRL! BREAK YOUR BACK!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

No. That's not it. It's that you don't understand what's going on. I didn't say it was right. I said that I see these types of videos, they are all over YouTube, and they are used to show how CrossFit sucks, but this isn't CrossFit training. So, it's a flawed piece of propoganda. But, people that don't know are aghast. It probably works pretty well to keep people away from CrossFit.

OHHH I don't understand! I gotcha.

Because what I THOUGHT I saw with my own two eyes were people lifting weights they had no business even touching with form so shockingly bad it makes me cringe. While others stood on watching and cheering.

^^^ This
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! Way too much weight for that poor kid
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Hard to watch
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

+1
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Not every... heck, not even the majority of CF gyms are like this. It's unfortunate that they are an affiliate and with CrossFit's growing popularity more undercertified gyms are popping up.

I will say that something like this would never be tolerated at the CrossFit gym that I go to. We have coaches who have certifications as personal trainers outside of the CrossFit certifications and years of oly/powerlifting experience, both competing and coaching in national events.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Don't lift and have no interest in crossfit, but I had to watch to see the 3-legged dog! :)
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I was honestly cringing as I watched that video
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Bump to watch later...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Even if the bar doesn't crash down on them or injure their back, the way they are not bending their knees correctly, while lifting all that weight will cause serious damage. I can't believe some of the people commenting think this is ok. Sometimes form breaks a little on a lift, but not like that!!! This is not an example of breaking form a little, this is not even close to good form at any moment in time.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    24157060.jpg
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Bump for later viewing.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nice propoganda piece aginst CrossFit. I like the way people make them the villian with no understanding of what's happening. Educate yourself first, and you'll "get it". It's not what it looks like.

I don't even know what "CrossFit" is, nor have I ever looked it up. All I saw was a video about extremely poor form and training. I had no idea it was about CrossFit, or trying to bash it at all. I just felt like sharing it.

Someone in this video is going to end up with a serious injury if they keep it up, regardless of it it were CrossFit or some other form of training. All the people who weren't lifting were just cheering and trying to encourage the person to do something they clearly could not do.

It is wrong. Just wrong. It doesn't matter if people are having fun.

Heck I saw a video of a girl who broke her neck going down a slingshot water slide into a pool. They were all having fun! Does that make it a good thing? Ask the quadriplegic girl.
  • DeadliftDivaNeis
    Options
    I couldn't watch the whole thing. All I have to say is that when I go to my Functional Training class tonight, before I do any cleans, OH presses, or deadlifts, I'm going to give my trainers a hug and thank them for knowing and insisting on safe, effective lifting technique!!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Oh my..... Looks like those were extremely light weights at least, but that was terrible in every way possible. They were wise to disable the comments
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    for reference this is the lift they were doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfw8FYZi9QI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6agvB5mBvY&feature=related

again, not saying that it was a good idea for them to have untrained athletes attempting to do this with heavy weights (or at all), but it's not quite as much of a "WTH" situation if you see what they were going for vs. if you thought they were just doing a clean & jerk
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Maybe since their form is SO bad, they managed to tear a ligament in their brains.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Maybe since their form is SO bad, they managed to tear a ligament in their brains.

I lol'd.