No More Excuses- Week 4

Options
weightchart3.jpg

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay here are the new weights that I have been sent. If you see your name off the chart it is NOT because we don't want you as part of our team but because I haven't been sent your weight two weeks in a row. I will happily add you back on. Here is to a kick butt first week in December! :drinker:
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    Is this too late to join? How does this challenge work?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    It is never too late to join and work on getting healthy!! We are just a group providing motivation and support for one another. You send me your starting weight and then we weigh in on Sundays and report it. Join us, if you would like!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I have a goal for the month of December and that is I would like to weigh 157.5 on January 1st. I would only have to lose 3 pounds to achieve that and I will be halfway to my goal weight. Then I will tackle the second half next year.

If I meet that early then I would LOVE to get down to 154.5 because that is the lowest I was this year. That would be awesome and I would start the new year with only 19.5 pounds to lose. :smile:
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    My weight right now is 163.0. My goal for January 1st is 158.0lbs.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I have a goal for the month of December and that is I would like to weigh 157.5 on January 1st. I would only have to lose 3 pounds to achieve that and I will be halfway to my goal weight. Then I will tackle the second half next year.

If I meet that early then I would LOVE to get down to 154.5 because that is the lowest I was this year. That would be awesome and I would start the new year with only 19.5 pounds to lose. :smile:

Good for you Amanda! That is a very realistic goal! I haven't really set a goal for the year. I just want to get to my goal weight......before I die! :drinker:

I think your new chart is perfect. It is very easy to read and consice with the necessary info! Great job and thanks again!

Welcome to our newbies!! What is our challenge for this week? I would like to see some kind of toning for the abs.....God knows I need that! :laugh:

Talk to everyone soon!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Great goal Amanda - definitely achievable. I really like the idea of a December goal as it can be a difficult month to stay focussed.

So . . . my December goal is to get into the 10 stone range - ideally 10 st 12lb (152 lb), which is 4lb away, so should be do-able if I stay on track. That would mean that I'd have exactly 2 stone (28lb) to go to get to my goal in 2010.

Welcome to the group Running Girl.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Ann, are you talking sit-ups or such? If you are then - I challenge everybody to 25 sit-up each day, 25 toe touchs and then another really cool ab exercise. If you have hand weights it is better but basically you stand up with the weights in your hands and hands down at your sides. Then you bend toward one side and then back up. You just stand there and lean toward one side and then the other. I guarantee if you have weights you will feel this the next day. Do 25 every other day of those.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Allison, that goal is really manageable too. Great goal!!!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Hmm - that sounds like quite a challenge. I'm definitely on for the toe touches and I can improvise weights with cans of tomatoes! I'm not sure about sit ups - I haven't done one since I was in my teens - but I'll give it a try and see how I get on. I'd prefer not to rupture anything before Christmas though . . . :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    :laugh: I would prefer you didn't rupture anything before Christmas also or anything really!!! I am still struggling with the push-ups, those are so hard for me with no muscles in my arms, pretty sad! :embarassed:
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Ah - I'm afraid I only ever managed wall push-ups. My feeble arms can't support my bodyweight well enough for any other kind! Is it very bad of me to say that I consider that particular challenge finished now - I've been focussing on the extra 10 mins this week. If I try to add every new weekly challenge and do them all - I'll never get to work . . . or bed!!! :tongue:
  • dariahrose
    dariahrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So it seems we've done well so far overall! Especially since we had Thanksgiving to consider. I think the ab challenge sounds great for the week!

Littlebigbird- nice suggestion for using canned goods as weights, I don't think I have any weights in the house.

Good luck to all! ...and happy monday for all those headed back to work :sad:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Monday is the only day of the week I work outside of the home, I work for 6.5 or 7 hours. I used to work at the job for 40+ hours per week, but am now home with our youngest. I :heart: my job and am so glad they have allowed me to keep my foot in the door there.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Ann, are you talking sit-ups or such? If you are then - I challenge everybody to 25 sit-up each day, 25 toe touchs and then another really cool ab exercise. If you have hand weights it is better but basically you stand up with the weights in your hands and hands down at your sides. Then you bend toward one side and then back up. You just stand there and lean toward one side and then the other. I guarantee if you have weights you will feel this the next day. Do 25 every other day of those.
    Amanda; I actually prefer Crunches to full sit ups, but yea that sounds great. I have never heard of the excercise you are mentioning, so I am anxious to try it. I have been crafting all day AGAIN.....so I think I am off to the treadmill cause I feel a little BLAH... My son has some weights so I will go get them and try your challenge!!! :0
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Sit-ups or crunches or whatever, all the same to me! :smile:

Ann, what are you crafting?
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    I'll do the crunch challenge! I also do something at the gym where I sit on the ground and hold a 10lbs medicine ball in my hands and move the ball from side to side, touching the ground on each side of my waist while leaning back. I'm not sure I explained it right. It really works the sides! Also, bicycle crunches are a great ab exercise as well.
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey Team!

Congrats to everyone for a great week last week - sounds like you all did well even through the challenge of Thanksgiving!

Sorry, I forget to send my weight in but the scale hasn't moved anyway hmph :grumble: That's 2 weeks in a row now! I think I am going to start taking measurements and see if things are changing there as I am being pretty darn good. I do have a couple of days where I go over my recomended cals but I still am in a calorie deficit every day. I know I put on muscle reeaaallly easily so am hoping that's why the scale isn't moving . . .

I am keen for the ab challenge, it sounds good! I'll start tonight. I'm a fan of crunches over full sit ups too.

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Sorry to sound dense - but what's the difference between a sit-up and a crunch? (Spot the Brit who only ever used the exercise bikes and treadmills at the gym!) Which would be the safest to start with for someone like me who has zero stomach muscles?!! :embarassed:
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome running girl!!! :flowerforyou: It's great to have you. Love the challenge - my abs are the one spot on my body that I feel really unhappy about. I am always afraid someone is going to ask me if I'm pregnant....and I'll have to say...No, just fat! I love doing my pilates DVD for my abs. I do one that has 5 10 minute segments each targeting a specific area. This is one that you use bands with. I definitely feel my abs burning when I get through. I also love going to PE with my students. I get on the floor with one of them b/c he has severe anxiety and the gym sets him off for some reason. The other kids always stare when I do the exercises with them. I am definitely up for this challenge. Congrats to all of you on your terrific losses!:drinker: I was happy to shed one pound. Though I was not bad at all on Thanksgiving. I just haven't been exercising like I should. Oh well, it's a new week. Here's to a happy one, team!