Does green tea make anyone else nauseous??

Should I have more food in my belly when I have my morning tea? As in, more than just cereal?
About 30 mins into my tea I feel really sick.... I never actually get sick but obviously I stop drinking the tea, so maybe I would get sick if I continued drinking?

Anyone else???

I really want to keep drinking it because I think its really good and the benefits are awesome. What gives?

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    YES! I thought I was the only one. I find it's worse if I'm hungry when I drink it. Sometimes I feel OK but sometimes it makes me feel really ill.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    No, I love it! LOL However, I like the real thing, the type that you make with Japanese green tea powder, I can't stand the English teabags!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    I use bags. I bought regular and +pomegranate. The regular is fine, but I feel ill drinking the pomegranate stuff. And I LOVE pomegranates.
  • Yes, It always makes me stomach ache for sure. I wish I could drink it but I can't so i stick with herbal teas especially peppermint.
  • I find it eases my stomach and calms me down after a stressful day. But I usually drink it on an empty stomach.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    No, I love it! LOL However, I like the real thing, the type that you make with Japanese green tea powder, I can't stand the English teabags!
    I only buy Japanese matcha powder and I love anything with matcha in it, especially ice cream! I even mix in cacao powder with it for protein smoothies sometimes.
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    I drink 16 OZ of it first thing in the morning and I don't ever get sick feeling. I drink mine cold. I use Biglow brand in the big box you buy at SAM's Club.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Yup...almost every time!! Food or no food in my belly. The only time I dont feel unwell is when I have it at a Japanese restaraunt...it's weird.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Hmm so maybe matcha is the way to go?!
    I've had it in starbuck's iced green tea lattes and it's delicious!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    No. Green tea makes me feel great.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    YES! I thought I was the only one. I find it's worse if I'm hungry when I drink it. Sometimes I feel OK but sometimes it makes me feel really ill.

I am on the same boat!!! Had to completely stop drinking it on an empty stomach because it actually made me throw up on a number of occasions.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    I can't stand green tea, or really any kind of tea for that matter. If anything made me feel ill, I just wouldn't eat or drink it. Simple as that!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    I drink the bright tea co. Green tea with jazmine and it settles my stomach more than anything.
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Green tea make's me nauseous too.
    I drink fennel tea instead not the same benefits tho
  • barbierik
    barbierik Posts: 4 Member
    yes! I also feel my body temp go up, although I think the thermogenic effect is good as it speeds up the metabolism - but I still don't like the effect it has on me & I rarely drink it.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Any tea makes me nauseaus! Yikes!
  • gergie
    gergie Posts: 32 Member
    Yes, It always makes me stomach ache for sure. I wish I could drink it but I can't so i stick with herbal teas especially peppermint.

you should try the green tea peppermint flavor and kill 2 birds so to say :wink:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member

I am on the same boat!!! Had to completely stop drinking it on an empty stomach because it actually made me throw up on a number of occasions.

Had the same Issue :(
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    No, but coffee makes me nauseous. It must just be the combination of it and you.