June Starters - November 30th

Options
13»

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Datenshi ~ Congrats on the pound! It is probably a good idea to give yourself a mental break after your C25K... I am really impressed that you stuck with it and you have been such an encouragement with your losses! WOW!!! YOu have really inspired me in weight loss and to get back going with the C25K program!

KandyJo you are one of the sweetest and sincerest people I have had the pleasure of meeting on MFP. Your encouragement and the encouragement of everyone is what keeps me going and able to do what I am doing. I wouldn't have the willpower without all of you inspiring me.

Big congrats on your 2 lb loss this week especially weighing in a day early. *hugs*

Take care,
    T

You're such a sweetheart, thank you! :)
  • kandyjo
    Options
    OK...
    C25K = For some reason, I didn't even think about COLD... Yeah, I'm the biggest WUSS there is when it comes to COLD... There is NO WAY I will stick faithfully to doing the C25K this winter... and I'm in TX, so I know some of you more north of me get much worse winter weather.... SO, we may put the C25K on hold until the Spring... Give me some feedback on this...

So, it sounds like the majority of you like the 5x/week workout challenge... So, why don't we just go with that?....
    I'll start a new post for it on Saturday night... That way, those of you who do workout on Sundays can post.... If I don't get around to it....Just Start the post :smile: We'll Title it "June Starters 5XW Challenge (if you guys like that... 5(by)W) That will just stand for "5 times a week" and the goal is to do AT LEAST 30 minutes of GOOD, QUALITY CARDIO a day, 5 days a week...
    Right now, I'm doing about three times a week, so this will be a good challenge for me to up that two more days a week...

Ok, let me know what you guys think about our 5XW Challenge...
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Just wanted to share something ... It was one year ago today that I had my last cigarette!!!

kick-the-habit.jpg
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Just wanted to share something ... It was one year ago today that I had my last cigarette!!!

kick-the-habit.jpg

WOW, MAGGS!!!! That is fantastic!!! Congrats on this healthy anniversary!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Awesome Magg!! Congrats on choosing health (in more ways than one!). I think I might start C25K in the gym; I have a friend who is doing that and she likes it. I dunno though, I don't care much for the treadmill :grumble:

Oh, and I saw a post the other day by Sandi, remember her?? I left a comment that she should come back here, but I don't know if she ever got it. Our ranks have scattered :( BUT I am so thankful for you guys that have stuck it out!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Congrats Magg!

As for the challenge I am coming up with a plan of attack to get in my 5 workouts starting Sunday. I think its a great idea.I am thinking Wednesday and Friday off. I am only telling you so maybe someone will remember and call me on it if I miss one of my intended days.

I remember Sandi. I hope her journey is going well for her. It would be nice if she checked in again with us, but its good to know she is still doing it even if she fell away from the group. There are a couple of others that I wonder about from time to time, I hope all of them are having luck and happiness...
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/index.html

It's here!

Congrats Linnebooc!!!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/index.html

It's here!

Congrats Linnebooc!!!

Congrats Linnebooc!!!

Wow a group loss of 312lbs so far, that is like 2 whole people, maybe even a little bit more!!

Take care all,
    T
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS ... I can't believe I drank the whole bottle ... French Blend Red by Magnotta ... mmmmmmmmm!!!!

I guess I took the celebration a bit too far. Dang It!!

magnotta_bottle.jpg
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Haha, it's easy to do, and it happens to the best of us :wink:

Wine is dangerous because it tastes good, makes you happy, and you think, "I'll just have one more little glass....." :)