What would you do . . . .

Options

Replies

• sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I would have said "hmm, and I though a red backless dress with some hooker heels was more your style".

I don't mind being hit on, but do it with respect... creativity wouldn't hurt either :wink:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Why would you wear a dress at an auto parts store? Thats like wearing pants made of red meat ina Lion's Den.

back in the day it was taboo for us ladies to wear pants :)

id have given the other gentlemen i worked with a heads up that he may be batting for the same team.
  • np11073
    np11073 Posts: 30
    Options
    That was unfortunate, but I admire you for dressing up. A shame your fellow workers lack class.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Why would you wear a dress at an auto parts store? Thats like wearing pants made of red meat ina Lion's Den.

This comment is the same as saying a rape victim asked for it, for wearing a dress! Shame on you! Men should be able to keep their mouth shut and not make snide smart *kitten* comments. Just remember, honey, that the guy that said it was showing the level of his intelligence and integrity!

Well im sorry and I dont disagree that men should be able to keep their mouth shut and not make comments and it is not how I raise my boys, however I think it is a bit of a leap to take my comment and apply it to rape. My god.

Honestly... we live in a society where not EVERYONE keeps their remarks to their self, or thoughts, and we have a lot of people who clearly demonstrate the lack of self restraint. In a sense you're wrong, dress provactivly, and you WILL draw that kind of attention... and then you will probably be the dumb girl who cries "why are guys looking at me like this" As the guy I'm quoting stated, men have their rights to speak their minds just like women. So remember that when you dress in a boob spilling top and crack booty shorts then get the cat calls and guys who don't understand no.

HOWEVER*** The dress the girl described is NOT provocative. She just works with one of those creep guys that thinks all girls love him like she stated. And in regards to the OP, I would have taken him up on that challenge. He'd probably back down. I also like the comment I hope he waxed. xD
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about it.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you worked in a place where there were ALL GUYS... you should KNOW the comments that would come out when you wear something you don't normally wear.

I work in an office of all older guys. Between 40 & 80 years old. ALL MALES. Some have wives some are divorced. When I wear a dress, or a low cut shirt I know EXACTLY what I'm walking into. And if they say something, I respond accordingly.

You are a grown woman and know what your walking into.

And for all you stupid idiotic people who said " Oh yea, that is like saying a person who got raped was asking for it" No..you are so ****ing full of **** saying something like that. You have just shown your ignorance on that topic and should REALLY shut up now. I mean... you know what your walking into if you get murdered...right? NO! God..I'm so sick and tired of the ignorant people making assumptions and comparing something someone says that KNOWS EXACTLY what they were doing/ are doing to something someone has no control over! Smfh!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So glad I don't work with any of you stuck up prudes.

What has the world come to that men cannot even make a joke anymore without a woman getting super offended and jumping down their throats?

I see these threads all the time. It's ridiculous. Get over yourselves.

You have stolen my heart.

Mine too! Women should take a joke. I honestly would have gone with wearing Lady Gaga's dress, but his point was still funny.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, guys say dumb things.. a lot.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    So glad I don't work with any of you stuck up prudes.

What has the world come to that men cannot even make a joke anymore without a woman getting super offended and jumping down their throats?

I see these threads all the time. It's ridiculous. Get over yourselves.

You have stolen my heart.

And mine, too. :heart:
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I would have said "I am confused. Are you a cross-dresser or have you decided on sexual reassignment surgery? I would be happy to go shopping with you if you need some pointers." Clearly he is a meat head and wouldn't know how to respond to that. Showing people that you are smarter than they are tends to shut them up.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Probably would have complained if nobody had noticed you were wearing a dress to work too, 'I wore a dress and nobody even noticed'. The guy was just having a bit of banter - here's some advice for free, don't work in a male-heavy environment if you can't take the occasional jokey comment. Men just can't win these days, can't have a bit of craic without being a 'perv' or an 'ahole'.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, guys say dumb things.. a lot.

just break up!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing by ignoring him.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Probably would have complained if nobody had noticed you were wearing a dress to work too, 'I wore a dress and nobody even noticed'. The guy was just having a bit of banter - here's some advice for free, don't work in a male-heavy environment if you can't take the occasional jokey comment. Men just can't win these days, can't have a bit of craic without being a 'perv' or an 'ahole'.

Horray!!! :drinker: :heart:

Seriously. He was trying to be funny. It's not his fault you have 0 sense of humour.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you should've grabbed him in front of everyone and just been like "oh my god yes. yes, that is just what i wanted to hear." at this point, lick your lips and touch your face a little. then continue with an over exaggerated voice with "i can't believe that i've been waiting for you to say those exact words for so long. i want you to take me!! TAKE ME NOW!!!"

then give him a look of disbelief and walk away.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Lets see you could have said any of the following:

"I am sorry your Moob's wouldn't fill out the dress!!! Hit the bench or do some push ups already"

"You know I thought I saw you in that cross-dresser pop up on my computer but I told everyone it wasn't you"

"Sorry, you didn't wear your heels and this dress only goes with heels and CLASS"

"If you really wanna wear a dress at work maybe you should move to a more "cross dresser" friendly city"

"If you want to get my dress off your going to have to try a LOT harder than that"
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    you should've grabbed him in front of everyone and just been like "oh my god yes. yes, that is just what i wanted to hear." at this point, lick your lips and touch your face a little. then continue with an over exaggerated voice with "i can't believe that i've been waiting for you to say those exact words for so long. i want you to take me!! TAKE ME NOW!!!"

then give him a look of disbelief and walk away.

Now that would have been fun to watch. LOL
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

She can wear a dress where she damn well pleases! Go back to your cave buster!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Lets see you could have said any of the following:

"I am sorry your Moob's wouldn't fill out the dress!!! Hit the bench or do some push ups already"

"You know I thought I saw you in that cross-dresser pop up on my computer but I told everyone it wasn't you"

"Sorry, you didn't wear your heels and this dress only goes with heels and CLASS"

"If you really wanna wear a dress at work maybe you should move to a more "cross dresser" friendly city"

"If you want to get my dress off your going to have to try a LOT harder than that"

Hilarity!
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Why would you wear a dress at an auto parts store?.................

Honestly, this was the first thought that crossed my mind as well. When I think auto parts store i'm thinking a Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc where workers (male and female) are sporting pants and workshirt. I often see these people in the parking lot helping customers remove or install auto parts, testing car batteries or retrieving parts from bins or aisles in the store that are stacked up almost to the ceiling.

I work in a male dominated industry as well (IT, technical, servers, etc) and i wear jeans or khakis and a polo. i suppose i could wear a dress, i just don't think it would enable me to do my job comfortably, as I wouldn't be able to reach up, climb up, stoop down, move things, etc