What would you do . . . .

Options

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Why would you wear a dress at an auto parts store? Thats like wearing pants made of red meat ina Lion's Den.

She can wear a dress where she damn well pleases! Go back to your cave buster!

Good GOd, of course she can....but somethings bring with it risk of dudes being jerks, smarmy or what not.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I would have told him the name of the store where he could go buy one if he REALLY wants one just like it
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i agre with imarshel and u 1 would of said never knew u were a cross dresses geez u think u know someone or i woud of said something to the lines of that remark doesnt dignify response
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Why would you wear a dress at an auto parts store? Thats like wearing pants made of red meat ina Lion's Den.

Are you just jealous you weren't invited back to the cave?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing by ignoring him. What a tool.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing by ignoring him. What a tool.

Why does that comment make him a tool? It's not like he said "It would look better on my floor".

How do you people even communicate with each other if you can't even take some playful joking?

He was making fun of himself, not you. Holy hell people if you are so easily offended that you can't deal with a simple "shop banter" then you should work from home surrounded by lollipops and marshmallows.

Grow up.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options

Sure, I hope you didn't make eye contact either. That's just asking for it too. Heavens, you didn't wear make-up to arouse the slobbering beasts from their den, either, did you?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Sure, I hope you didn't make eye contact either. That's just asking for it too. Heavens, you didn't wear make-up to arouse the slobbering beasts from their den, either, did you?

Oh Lord, the humour-free-feminists are out. 'ignore user'.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options

No kidding.

If you wear a dress to any shop environment and don't expect comments you are a delusional idiot.

Ah, I get it. Change clothes before entering any establishment that can be construed as primarily male, because....why exactly? Men can't be expected to exhibit any restraint whatsoever amongst even a remotely feminine individual? What an antiquated and preposterous stance.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

No kidding.

If you wear a dress to any shop environment and don't expect comments you are a delusional idiot.

Yep, these are the kind of women who give regular women a bad name - no wonder so many men think women are nuts! *shakes head*
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

No kidding.

Ah, I get it. Change clothes before entering any establishment that can be construed as primarily male, because....why exactly? Men can't be expected to exhibit any restraint whatsoever amongst even a remotely feminine individual? What an antiquated and preposterous stance.

I'm not advocating bringing a change of clothes to work but perhaps a change of attitude and a removal of the pole up your posterior. The man didn't even say anything bad - I know the difference between a sleazy comment and a bit of banter. You clearly do not.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

No kidding.

I get it. Guys are gonna look. They may appreciate or they may not, but....

A person should be able to wear what they want, when they want and where they want, without suffering the immature comments of others.

If someone spoke discourteously to one of my daughters or my wife, I wouldn't appreciate it. Luckily, the women in my life would have told the guy to p iss off, then looked towards me to make sure they did.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    "really? most guys want to see it on the floor"
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

I'm confused by your question...I'm sure you didn't mean for it to insinuate that by wearing a dress she was asking for trouble? But since you are a guy let me explain. Dresses are very popular this season. I have seen more women wearing dresses this summer than I have in ages. You can tell also how fashionable they've gotten by going to the stores...they are loaded with dresses. So wearing a casual dress to work in an office (she is the office manager) is not unusual or weird!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

This comment is the same as saying a rape victim asked for it, for wearing a dress! Shame on you! Men should be able to keep their mouth shut and not make snide smart *kitten* comments. Just remember, honey, that the guy that said it was showing the level of his intelligence and integrity!

I don't think this comment can be compared to a rape victim in any way.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    OP weighing in:

IS THERE ONE PERSON here that can honestly say that someone has NEVER given you a remark, that made you want to sucker punch their *kitten* clear into next week? Because if you say "NO" you are lying!!

I do not wear very much makeup and I do not dress in anything that could be considered provocative, I hardly ever come out of my office - except to leave!! I do not ask, nor do I care for any response from any man - PEROID. . . .

On that day, last week, I was wearing a dress because I had just came from my uncles' funeral!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

works over a garage
    wears little skirts and sundresses everyday
    restrains rant
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Lol... I would say " please stop talking... it makes you really unattractive ":glasses:
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    "You don't have the ankles for it."
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Flip it then. As a guy, If I were working in a store where it was all women and no men and the store catered to mostly women. Would the women that are in the store say anything behind my back or out loud to me?

The guy was probably trying to strike up a conversation with you but with his buddies around it turned into a smart *kitten* remark. Not all men are that way.