Cell Phone Notifications!

Options
EyeLikeTacos
EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
Ok...so when you recieve a text...How do you normally have it set up?

A) sound (like a beep or whistle)
B) vibrate
C) sound with vibrate
D) silent--(you check constantly)

OR

E) a song sample

I know there are times where you would just vibrate versus sound.....but NORMALLY which do you use?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Mine is a bird whistle on my iPhone. Came stock with the phone.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Silent.

The only sound that didn't annoy me after a while for a texts was the theme song for Pulp Fiction, which I lost somewhere in changing phones.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Mine is a bird whistle on my iPhone. Came stock with the phone.

mine too..I just got a new phone..and it's doing the whistle...but I feel like I am cheesy....
    First time buying a smartphone....

I held out as long as I could...My old phone was a vibrate with a low sounding beep
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Pac-Man Dying.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Nobody ever texts me....Im a loner.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    " theme song for Pulp Fiction,"

NICE!
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Pac-Man Dying.

you guys are giving me cool ideas... I need to step my notifications up!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Mines is the Rick Ross grunt...still funny.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Just as an fyi.....vibration uses the battery almost twice as much as ringing. You will find that some days, your phone will die by noon. IF you have availability for it, get a charger for work, or take your charger with you. Most smartphone chargers double as a usb cable. If that is so, just plug it into your laptop or computer. It will charge it up, while at the same time, you can transfer pics into your computer to save memory.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Mine's a simple sound. When I'm at work it's on vibrate.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    vibrate, ringing phones drive me nuts
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Just as an fyi.....vibration uses the battery almost twice as much as ringing. You will find that some days, your phone will die by noon. IF you have availability for it, get a charger for work, or take your charger with you. Most smartphone chargers double as a usb cable. If that is so, just plug it into your laptop or computer. It will charge it up, while at the same time, you can transfer pics into your computer to save memory.

Thanks for this!

I was thinking that I can't do vibrate and sound anymore...My old cellphone was the LG ENV...and I could go days with out charging it...

It's going to take some getting use too...but I do have a car charger, and a house charger..will get an office charger too..
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Depends on who is texting...
    Daughter # 1: I Loved Her First
    Daughter #2: Time In A Bottle

Anyone else: Party in the USA
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    Mockingjay whistle from The Hunger Games!
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Mines is the Rick Ross grunt...still funny.

Can you tell me where you get this? I have to have this!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Silent! Because I text at work...
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Mockingjay whistle from The Hunger Games!

Where where where can I get that??
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    Final Fantasy sounds.. Different ones for different alerts.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    A quick little tweet like a bird
  • j_wilson2012
    Options

Thanks for this!

I was thinking that I can't do vibrate and sound anymore...My old cellphone was the LG ENV...and I could go days with out charging it...

It's going to take some getting use too...but I do have a car charger, and a house charger..will get an office charger too..

Yeah, especially if you use your cell phone for work. Just check google. I am pretty sure studies have been done regarding how long of talk time you have per charge, how much screentime you have per charge, as well as ringtime. For instance, the moving background (like the one where the grass sways in the wind, and the sun reflects time of day) will eat your battery alive. Also, be sure to check your ram, to make sure no unneccesary programs are running in the background. This happens with apps that use auto upgrades. Dont use auto upgrades. Whenever you use an app, if they need updating, your phone will let you know. You can then choose to update them all at once. Otherwise, the system is always checking.