Cell Phone Notifications!

Options

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    When I get a text, I get Navi from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!"

My email alert is the alert sound from Metal Gear Solid.

I'm a huge nerd. I'm proud of my sound scheme!

Death to Navi...i have Ocarina of Time on my tablet and i play with sound off...i beat OoT twice i dont need your help fairy
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have ROFLMAO from Oxhorn, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A

It gets stuck in your head....

Awww man.. I hadn't thought about this song for months! Just reading your post has me humming it! I must watch this when I get home tonight! :)
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Stock LG sound for Texts. Sounds like a Waterdroplet/chime.

My ringtone is the Imperial March from Star Wars. : )
  • CraigmileD
    Options
    I hope this isn't against the rules of posting and to clarify I have no affiliation with the following site, but they have great ringtone and text message alerts and they are all free. zedge dot net

I've downloaded all sorts to my iphone. Enjoy.
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mine sounds like a ball dropping.. lol I haven't bothered to get a smart phone yet, so the ol ball drop will do for now ...*giggle*
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I'm not at work my text alert is Homer Simpson saying "Praise Jebus".
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    When I get a text, I get Navi from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!"

Death to Navi...i have Ocarina of Time on my tablet and i play with sound off...i beat OoT twice i dont need your help fairy

I am starting to feel like I might need to break out my N64 and dust it off to enjoy OoT again. Sure I could buy it again but why? I still have my system and games. /shrug
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

This wouldn't work for me but only because I have friends that would text me non stop so my phone would be all like "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" an then I'd want to stab it like I wanted to stab Navi in the games. I mean I'd be trying to break all the jars in the room or cut down all of the grass and she would be like "Hey, Listen!" and I'd be like, "Hey, I'm breaking/cutting things at the moment, be with you in a bit." but she would just keep on saying "Hey, Listen!". But serious props for having that as a sound. I think the chest opening sound would be funny too.

Love the idea of the MGS alert sound! Might have to steal that :p.

My phone is on silent most of the day at work because it is frowned upon to even bring our phones to our desks. But I just use stock sounds found on the iPhone I change it up from time to time. I haven't really looked into custom sounds because my phone is on silent so much. My dad's ring tone is the duck quacking on the iPhone though. He set his iPhone ring tone to that and sometimes answers his phone by saying "quackline!" I love that weird man.

If I got more texts, I'm sure I would have the same reaction! No pot would be safe! lol

I had the chest open for my email for a while. It got old after a while, so I changed it to the alert. It makes me jump every time, but it's over quickly. I don't even need to break out my cardboard box anymore!

Your dad sounds like an interesting character. My dad answers his phone by saying "Joe's bar and grill!" His name is Tim.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Song and vibrate.

I have certain songs for certain people so that when they text/call I know who it is without looking.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options

This wouldn't work for me but only because I have friends that would text me non stop so my phone would be all like "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" "Hey, Listen!" an then I'd want to stab it like I wanted to stab Navi in the games. I mean I'd be trying to break all the jars in the room or cut down all of the grass and she would be like "Hey, Listen!" and I'd be like, "Hey, I'm breaking/cutting things at the moment, be with you in a bit." but she would just keep on saying "Hey, Listen!". But serious props for having that as a sound. I think the chest opening sound would be funny too.

Love the idea of the MGS alert sound! Might have to steal that :p.

My phone is on silent most of the day at work because it is frowned upon to even bring our phones to our desks. But I just use stock sounds found on the iPhone I change it up from time to time. I haven't really looked into custom sounds because my phone is on silent so much. My dad's ring tone is the duck quacking on the iPhone though. He set his iPhone ring tone to that and sometimes answers his phone by saying "quackline!" I love that weird man.

If I got more texts, I'm sure I would have the same reaction! No pot would be safe! lol

I had the chest open for my email for a while. It got old after a while, so I changed it to the alert. It makes me jump every time, but it's over quickly. I don't even need to break out my cardboard box anymore!

Your dad sounds like an interesting character. My dad answers his phone by saying "Joe's bar and grill!" His name is Tim.

Ha! Awesome! Heads up, friend's request coming your way. :p I have seen some of the best MGS costumes at a couple of cons that I went to awhile back. Every time I saw someone with a cardboard box sneaking around it was too funny. Your dad sounds interesting too. Good thing though, interesting people are the spice of life, it gets boring without us.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't against the rules of posting and to clarify I have no affiliation with the following site, but they have great ringtone and text message alerts and they are all free. zedge dot net

I've downloaded all sorts to my iphone. Enjoy.

Thank you sir!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Vibrate.
    When I get texts, it's usually a text "conversation"
    the noise (any repetitive noise, actually) annoys the hell out of me.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'm notified of all my texts by a short little chirping thing.
    And like others have said, if it's an ongoing conversation, I put it on vibrate. There is only so much chirping I can take in 10 minutes.
  • chris82horseman
    Options
    I get the Victory Fanfare from Final Fantasy 7 for a Text and the Mulatto Butts ringtone from Archer as my Ringtone.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bagpipes playing for most of my texts. Different songs for different people, so I know if I really need to look at the texts.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Vibrate, or a song or movie clip + vibrate, depending on where I'm at.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I get the Victory Fanfare from Final Fantasy 7 for a Text and the Mulatto Butts ringtone from Archer as my Ringtone.

I use the Victory Fanfare for an alarm. :D
  • Doreen9686
    Options
    My brother in law answers by saying "Hell no" instead of Hello. :-)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    text:
    (the creepy puppet's laugh from saw)
    stole it from here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmr0DEXH0mc

ring:
    (yoda "your phone...ringing it is...answer it you must....")
    stole it from here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMaNIT6G1o4
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Text:
    Zelda sound when you open a treasure chest / Metal gear codec sound

Ring:
    Theme to firefly

Emails:
    Send email:
    sound when mario jumps on yoshi