Significant results from 30 day Shred?

Options
has anyone recieved significant results from the 30 day shred?
I always do it for about 10 days and then give up either because i have no time, or miss a few days and suffer from lack of motivation :P

Just wondering if its even worth it to do for 30 days.

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am on day 27 so I still have a few days left, but I can say that I am really happy with my results. I only lost about 3lbs, but before I started it I had zero muscle tone. I have lost at least 1 dress size, although I think it's two. Everything got really toned up, especially arms, shoulders, abs, thighs, butt. Hips definitely shrank too.

I took 3 rest days I think, ate around 1400-1500 cals a day with a cheat meal once a week or so.

I wanted to give up all the time, but literally, it's 25 minutes. I did it as soon as I got home from work. If I had to do something right after work I would do it right before bed. You can really squeeze 25 minutes into any day. I think knowing it's so short also caused me to give it all I had. Seeing my progress with my appearance and also my level of fitness/strength kept me going. Don't give up! I am so happy with the results! I'm starting Ripped in 30 when this is done. I'm definitely keeping Jillian :)
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do day three of level one today. I'm sticking with it just because of these posts here! Telling their results! Thanks!
  • MyNameIsJess24
    Options
    I'm on Level 2, Day 5 right now and I can see subtle results so far that I'm pretty happy with. I have definitely noticed that I actually have muscle tone now which is nice. I love that is it only 25 minutes long too.
  • Kate4286
    Options
    I just purchased the 30 day shred, should be here early next week!...I have heard some great things about it so I am crossing my fingers...but in reality I suppose even if my results aren't as great as I've read, nothing can be bad about working out everyday for 30 days =)
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    after finishing the shred I lost 8 lbs and 20 inches so I'd say that it produced some pretty significant results for me.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    On day 27. Gained 2 pounds. Lost 2.5 inches.
    I eat about 1700 calories a day. 5'9... 152 pounds
    I ordered RI30. I heard it's harder. I am nervous but still gonna try it.
  • BeaterEater
    Options
    I am much tighter and firmer after doing the 30DS - and I am not even through it all the way yet. I don't do it everyday either. I have been working on the "30 days" for about two months now :) I am preparing to move to level 3 soon. I give myself frequent rest days (working out 3-4 days/week) because of muscle fatigue. I am still getting results though! :D
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am on day 27 so I still have a few days left, but I can say that I am really happy with my results. I only lost about 3lbs, but before I started it I had zero muscle tone. I have lost at least 1 dress size, although I think it's two. Everything got really toned up, especially arms, shoulders, abs, thighs, butt. Hips definitely shrank too.

I took 3 rest days I think, ate around 1400-1500 cals a day with a cheat meal once a week or so.

I wanted to give up all the time, but literally, it's 25 minutes. I did it as soon as I got home from work. If I had to do something right after work I would do it right before bed. You can really squeeze 25 minutes into any day. I think knowing it's so short also caused me to give it all I had. Seeing my progress with my appearance and also my level of fitness/strength kept me going. Don't give up! I am so happy with the results! I'm starting Ripped in 30 when this is done. I'm definitely keeping Jillian :)

Same here. Did 30DS in about 40 days. Did RI30 right after. Doing 6W6P now....I've never been fitter!

We're all busy but it's 20-25 minutes a day...push through. Don't start over if you miss a day, just keep going....you'll definitely see amazing results!!

Do a search in the forums for "30 Day Shred"...you'll find lots of Success Stories.
  • darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    8 days in to level 1 I've lost 3lbs and 2 inches off of my waist and hips. I don't notice the difference at all when I look in the mirror but the measuring tape doesn't lie!!
  • korngrl
    korngrl Posts: 8
    Options
    I wouldn't say I had significant results BUT I did it for 4 months straight with some stationary bike exercise and diet a couple years back after my first daughter was born and lost 70 lbs in a very short time. My body really looked the best it ever had.
  • windywind1
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels and have heard of this 30-day shred from online and am going to buy it next week. I can't wait to see how my body will change. I will also be doing it right when I get home from work :)
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just finshed level 3 day 3. I love it! Her voice drives me crazy so. I just mute it and pump up some music.

I have lost 14 pounds and over 20 inches so far. My pants went from extremely tight to being able to pull the, down with out unbuttoning them. :)

I can't wait to see what the next 7 days has in store for me.

Once I'm finished I am going to start over with 5 pound weights.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I finished the shred a couple weeks ago. I measured after the end of each stage and lost 12.5 inches. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now. Her workouts are awesome. If you put the effort in, and keep consistent with it, you'll like your results.
  • serenatee
    Options
    Surprisingly you don't have to buy it! I found it
    on YouTube for free. There's one video that includes all the levels... it's awesome
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    For those of you who got results, did you just do one level at a time for 10 days at a time? Did you do 2 levels at a time? Did you add any additional workouts?

Thanks~
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days straight with a day off in between each level. I love how she pushes you but she can get annoying. I just zone her out sometimes. By the time I got to day 6 or 7 in each level, I just wanted to quit because I would find myself getting bored. I had to tell myself that I can do this and that I'll be doing a new level in a few days. I didn't lose much weight according to the scale, but I did lose about 5 inches overall, with the bulk of my loss in my hips, thights, waist and arms. 30DS definately works and I would hightly recommend it to anybody.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YES! im on day 2 level 2 ( i took 2 days off oops) and ive lost 2 inches from my waist i fit in a size 4 :)!!!!! i plan on giving myself a rest day at the end of every leve;l ( 10 days) to just let the body relax i took two last time but wont again. Im starting to see defintion on my tummy! i did not weight...me and the scale are friends off..as of this morning im 140,6 and have a bf% if of 29% according to it, however calculating it online im at 22...ive decided the scale will now stay hidden as im gaining muscle and dropping inches of fat!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For those of you who got results, did you just do one level at a time for 10 days at a time? Did you do 2 levels at a time? Did you add any additional workouts?

Thanks~

DO one level at a time...i personally did it the first time 10 and 1 off in bettween each level. i havent added any additional workouts i wanted to add a few circuits from her fat banish metabolism boost but it still has yet to arrive
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Thanks~

I did Level 1 for 5 days, Level 2 for 15 days, and Level 3 for 10 days.

Level 1 is definitely the easiest and can fool you into thinking the DVD is easy. Not so! Once you get to Level 2 you'll realize it's anything but fun. Definitely a great workout :)
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Thanks~

I did Level 1 for 5 days, Level 2 for 15 days, and Level 3 for 10 days.

Level 1 is definitely the easiest and can fool you into thinking the DVD is easy. Not so! Once you get to Level 2 you'll realize it's anything but fun. Definitely a great workout :)

Oh my why did you have to say this!!! I found level one difficult!! I'm on to level 2 tomorrow and now I'm freaking out!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!