Significant results from 30 day Shred?

Options

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It is worth the 30 days. I haven't done any real circuit/strength training in 2 months. I am starting another round of 30DS on the 1st. It toned my body amazingly well and I lost 10lbs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/648361-47lb-weight-loss-5-11-with-pictures?hl=5'11"+47lbs
  • elizabethoneill
    elizabethoneill Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS for the first time today and felt physical sick afterwards. I didn't realise just how unfit i was. Loads of people have said its worth it, so I will try again tomorrow and see how i get on.
  • alhunt8587
    Options
    I felt the same way my first day!! I am on Level 1 Day 6. Keep pushing! Don't give up! It gets easier and I am already getting results from it! Good luck! :)
  • FarmGirl69
    Options
    I am much tighter and firmer after doing the 30DS - and I am not even through it all the way yet. I don't do it everyday either. I have been working on the "30 days" for about two months now :) I am preparing to move to level 3 soon. I give myself frequent rest days (working out 3-4 days/week) because of muscle fatigue. I am still getting results though! :D

Very same story here....I don't do it every day either to give my knees a break, but I have seen results as well, even tho it's taken me a while to get into level 2. Well worth sticking with it in my book....you can do it!!! :)
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Really hated level 2 - but it did get easier over the 10 days. level 3 so much better (for me). When i finish I am going to do ripped in 30 - eek!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS for the first time today and felt physical sick afterwards. I didn't realise just how unfit i was. Loads of people have said its worth it, so I will try again tomorrow and see how i get on.

You can do it..keep going!
    I'm about to do day 6 of level one and it des get a teensy bit easier.....don't give up :flowerforyou:
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs on 30DS, immediately followed with RI30 for a total of 17 lbs (I also did c25k with 30DS) - I have some b4/after from doing both of those that are in my profile but it's not public. . .I will see if I can share here.
  • T_Marie4
    Options
    croppeddddddd.jpg

IDK why it isn't working
  • T_Marie4
    Options
    NO idea what I am doing wrong - i give up.
  • elizabethoneill
    elizabethoneill Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For those of you who got results, did you just do one level at a time for 10 days at a time? Did you do 2 levels at a time? Did you add any additional workouts?

Thanks~

I did Level 1 for 5 days, Level 2 for 15 days, and Level 3 for 10 days.

Level 1 is definitely the easiest and can fool you into thinking the DVD is easy. Not so! Once you get to Level 2 you'll realize it's anything but fun. Definitely a great workout :)

Oh my why did you have to say this!!! I found level one difficult!! I'm on to level 2 tomorrow and now I'm freaking out!!!!

I also found level 1 difficult :-)
  • Pomroy89
    Options
    Any one have fibromyalgia or hyper mobility syndrome and tried this? Please let me now how you got on!?
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I still have a long long way to go but I really like Jillian and decided to do 30DS...here were my results doing all the modified moves and I was unable to some of the moves due to a shoulder injury (2 plates and 16 screw)....I also missed probably 5 days total during the last 15 days....I am a big girl but I did get result and plan to do it again soon...

Day 1: 335.5 Day 30: 317.9 (-17.6lbs)
    Waist: 53.5 in 47.25in (-6.25)
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I didn't use it for weight loss (I focused on power walking, walking uphill, running and cycling for that) but for strength. I did notice improved strength, some more tone and even a bit more endurance. Other than that, I didn't lose any weight from that specifically.
  • cloeycloey
    cloeycloey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have HMS, i'm starting 30 day shred today. I'll let you know how I get on. x
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I scrolled through and didn't see anyone ask this, what kind of weights did everyone use for it? I was doing insanity but just had surgery and when I get back on my horse, I'm going to start on something a little less ridiculous til I get my strength back. Just was wondering what everyone used when they did this. Thanks!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I read that you're supposed to do:

Day 1 - 30DS
    Day 2 - 30DS
    Day 3 - Cardio
    Day 4 - 30DS
    Day 5 - 30DS
    Day 6 - Cardio
    Day 7 - Rest.

So it's supposed to take longer than a month. I begin my second week tomorrow. I've lost inches all over my body, so I'm excited to see the end results.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS in preparation for my vacation earlier this year. Like most people are posting, I didn't lose much weight from it - cardio does that for me. But it did tone me up, make me look tighter over-all, and give me the confidence to wear a bikini! I am recovering from knee surgery right now (8 weeks post-op), but once I feel up to it, I will do it again for my next vacation! :wink:
  • cushion89
    Options
    Any one have fibromyalgia or hyper mobility syndrome and tried this? Please let me now how you got on!?

Hiya, I have both FM and HM and I'm doing level 1 day 7 tomorrow, it's hard work but I haven't found my conditions have been too much of a set back, in fact it's helped me feel better in general and strengthening my calfs has helped with stress on my ankles from my banana legs. Add me as a friend and let me know if you decide to do this or any other programmes as it will be interesting to see if they help both of us! Good luck !
  • T_Marie4
    Options
    Finally figured it out - anyway, here are pics at 1 week into 30DS, and then on the day I finished it.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Kenzirhea/weight loss/croppeddddddd.jpg[/img]
    BEFORE

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Kenzirhea/weight loss/croppeddddddddddddddddddsss.jpg[/img]
    AFTER

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Kenzirhea/weight loss/croppeddd.jpg[/img]
    BEFORE

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Kenzirhea/weight loss/cropped3.jpg[/img]
    AFTER

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Kenzirhea/weight loss/Cropped.jpg[/img]
    BEFORE

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Kenzirhea/weight loss/croppeddddd.jpg[/img]
    AFTER
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!