In your 20's & need to lose 100lbs?

Options
I've actually been on MFP for a while now, but after a 7 month lapse in judgement I gained back a good 40lbs. Would like to check in on here with people in the same boat as me. We could all check into this thread when we need help, support, have suggestions etc. Who's in?

A little about me - I'm 26, 100lbs overweight, a huge whiner and procrastinator but honest about it :laugh: , Married with 1 child, and work from home running my own business. I struggle with emotional eating, binge eating, and using the words "I cant" way to often. I got into a good pattern last year with support on MFP, but somehow I lost that (not the support but my groove) and would like to really make this a LIFESTYLE change this time.

What about you?

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i am 27, low carber for life with PCOS. lost quite a bit already( although it took a good 2 yrs), but need to lose at least 60 more lbs to be at a healthy weight for my 5'4" frame. love cardio workouts ...not strength training so much, but i know i must do it!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    i am 27, low carber for life with PCOS. lost quite a bit already( although it took a good 2 yrs), but need to lose at least 60 more lbs to be at a healthy weight for my 5'4" frame. love cardio workouts ...not strength training so much, but i know i must do it!

You always rock your workouts!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, had both ovaries taken out...

I'm 5'3 and been 240 for almost 2 years now.

It's hard for me to lose weight because I no longer have ovaries but I'm trying
  • tennisninja
    tennisninja Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 24 (25 Friday :) ) and I have PCOS as well and gained 60 lbs during college.I wasn't small in high school either so now I'm trying to lose all my college weight and some of my high school weight. It is tough :( I don't mind exercising (tennis and zumba are my loves) but eating right is definitely my downfall :( but I'm trying to look at my goal in smaller portions. Once I lose this amount then ill start another goal. It's easier to tell myself I reached one goal and I'm working on another then trying to tackle the 100lbs all at once. Because it really doesnt feel like your doing much if you lose one lb out of a hundred.
  • ludalyssa
    Options
    I'm 21 and need to lose 100lbs as well... I'm terrified and worried about doing this by myself, but so embarrassed to ask for help. My husband is a huge cheerleader but since he has a super metabolism and loves running (who LOVES to run!?) he can't really empathize. Maybe we can support each other? I'm in college (Almost done!) and that makes is difficult as well... no schedule for meals or sleep and no money. I hope I can help you as well! whew.
  • tennisninja
    Options
    ...and loves running (who LOVES to run!?)

My thoughts exactly!! If there is nothing chasing me I'm not running! Lol

Oh and there is all types of websites for cheap healthy meals for college students. Google it lol
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    24 yoa nees to lose 120lbs total (down 30ish currently).. im in law enforcement and have been on this site since January.. please add me if you would like to be friends :)
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    21 and 100-120 to lose
  • leaanney
    leaanney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im leanne 22 and hoping to loose 84pound... And maybe making new friends along the way :-)
    I was always thin at school but then again i was always active playing rugby, and walking everywhere, now i sit in a office all day and if i need to go somewhere drive.... So no wonder iv got big
    Ive lost two stone this year but since my bday in july i cant get back in to it!
  • ashleycball
    Options
    26 years old newly relocated to Southern Cali, married with 1 cat. My personal goal is 50-80pounds depending on how i look and feel in my clothes. I'm looking to gain comfort within myself. I'm a fulltime Bank rep and run my own pt business while looking to attend school in the next few months. I am an emotional eater, i binge when i'm sad or angry, i bake goodies when i'm happy and i starve which leads to another binge when i'm depressed. I can polish off a whole cheescake in one sitting. i use to be shapely and active with dance now my shape is round and i'm lazy. My wife likes to go out to eat often and while she wants to support me food if our drug of choice and we ar addicts only she is slim and i'm gaining the weight for us both.

I'm looking to gain my confidence back, my sexy, and my drive to be active. I want more store selections than just lane bryant and ashley stewart because they are too darn expensive!! That's my rant about me lol
  • beasleya2
    Options
    Hey all :)

I'm 25 and actually would like to loose over 100, like 120ish and I've been on this journey since December, 2011. Since then I've lost 64.8 pounds which is the most I have ever lost...ever. I guess I hit my weight rock bottom and I've been working with one of my best friends to loose the weight. We use MFP but we also do weekly weigh ins, measurements, and monthly photos to track our progress and it's worked sooooo well for the both of us.

I spend a lot of my time at the gym- I take every class you can think of but I love Zumba and cycling! I recently joined a beginners running group called First Strides that apparetly people can find near them. It's a beginner running/walking 5k group.

With all the success, there's always speedbumps. There are days were I emotionally eat or want to binge but I can say those days are few and far between. While I've been loosing weight, I've also attended therapy to help me deal with the root of my emotional eating and tips to stop it. But it's aso super important to treat yourself every once in a while. :)

This is actually my first time posting anything and I wish everyone else the best of luck. It's sure as **** ain't easy, but it's so worth it :)
  • ashleycball
    Options
    i know the feeling of no money. All the bad foods are cheap and eating healthy is just financially impossible at times. I try to stock up on veggies and fruits whenever i can catch a sale. and coupon clipping as old lady like as it is, it's a big help being a newlywed
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 yrs old more 100 pounds over what I should be, struggling with PCOS Had a little girl and walking the line of Cancer survivor. I have been on this roller coaster of weight gain and loss for sooo long that I'm hoping to finally get off of it in the next year or so when I have reached my goal. I know this is a long and bumpy path for me. but know there are others out there as me. Thank you all for sharing your story as well :)
  • CarlaYvonne
    CarlaYvonne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am 24 with PCOS. I have lost 86 pounds so far and would like to loose another 50 pounds. I have had the lapband done as well and have hit a hump i cant seem to get over. My boyfriend is the best supporter there is, and since we have been making an effort to watch what we eat and work out, hes lost over 30 pounds and is now 10 pounds heaver than what my idea weight would be! I am so proud of him, however i cant help but to be envious of his number and extremly insecure with myself! I battle daily with making the best choice of food and don't really have any one that can relate to having a real weight issue and what the daily battles are really like.

I'd love to make some friends on here that can relate to what I am gonig through and get a good little supprot team going :0)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling of no money. All the bad foods are cheap and eating healthy is just financially impossible at times. I try to stock up on veggies and fruits whenever i can catch a sale. and coupon clipping as old lady like as it is, it's a big help being a newlywed

I noticed eating healthy isn't as expensive as it seems if you eat boring food. LOL I always spend way more than I feel like I should on groceries for 3 but that's because I don't want to get bored and then eat a tray of oreos! I used to be way more creative with my meals but due to funds I had to slow it down, so now I pretty much stick with things like breakfast for dinner, tuna sandwiches, tostadas (homemade beans...soooo cheap), and stirfrys or meat + veggie...and only get fancy 1 or 2 times a week. haha
  • llevatela
    Options
    I am 28 years old. My goal is about 180 pounds. I started on changing my lifestyle in February 2012 (I was 306lbs). Portion control, muitlple meals, and mild exercise has helped me shed the pounds. I currently stand at 232lbs and heading towards the home stretch. If you want to learn more about what I did, check out my profile which has a link to my blog. I kept track weekly via my blog. I wish you good luck in losing the pounds! You can do it!
  • tnichol4
    tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 28, have pcos and started with needing to lose at least 100 pounds. I am down 46 and started the end of January 2012. You can do it, you just need to stick to it everyday. I will add you.
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'2, and have to lose a little over 100 lbs. I also have PCOS. It feels nearly impossible now but I'm chipping away slowly and hopefully eventually will get there! I have seen so many inspirational people on here who have accomplished amazing things. If anyone wants to add me I always like having friends for motivation!
  • tennisninja
    Options
    I started on changing my lifestyle in February 2012 (I was 306lbs). Portion control, muitlple meals, and mild exercise has helped me shed the pounds. I currently stand at 232lbs and heading towards the home stretch.

You've lost so much! Awesomeness!! I just hope I can shed them like that!
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    I am 24 and a former stress/emotional eater. I've cut back on a lot of processed stuff (but not all) and I'm 5'1". If I want a healthy BMI, 100+ pounds need to go...if I want something that looks healthy with curves though it's only about 80. -_-