I'm Having a Problem With My Nuts.

Options
Who can seriously eat only a serving size (1/4 cup) of nuts? Seriously.

Replies

• wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    No one, really?

No one else has a problem with trying to limit themselves to 11 almonds or whatever and then it just making you hungrier?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a problem with my nuts also. The only way I can eat them is to put them into small bags that are one serving each. Otherwise, I will eat a whole bag! I love them, and they are good for you, but only small amounts due to the calorie and fat! It stinks!
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    out of sight out of mind
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I don't like putting my nut butter down after only 2 tbls. either...
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving along with something else... I don't think I could just do a serving of nuts by themselves and call that a snack.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't eat nuts because, although good calories, they are high. I have a bulk eating mind-set. I believe that I would get more filled on a serving twice the size with the same calories.
    I would only eat them as a snack to reach your calories, or maybe add them to something for the extra treat.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For a snack I take a small cup or bowl and put in about 1/4 cup to 1/2 a cup of nuts. When it is empty then I am done. It works for me. If I am hungry then I go for something more satisfying.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I don't like putting my nut butter down after only 2 tbls. either...

Mmmm...cashew butter.

Does Nutella count as nut butter?

::off to google Nutella serving size::
  • TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually combine one serving of almonds with one serving of raisins. Much more satisfying. I'm usually good for about 2 hours after before feeling hungry again.
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the taste of all nuts but they do not like me! For whatever reason they really bloat me and that's a bad feeling. I wish i could eat them but I can't stand the feeling that my belly has expanded to three times its normal size.
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I get bags of pistachios and almonds. When i get them home, I put a serving size in a snack size ziplock. When it's time to pack my meals for the day, just grab the snack bag. :smile:
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat my one serving of almonds with a Laughing Cow BabyBel Light. Very satisfying.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i eat cashews but i like the 1/4 cup serving size. i eat them one at a time to make it last and alot of times i eat it with a fruit or applesauce.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I find boxer briefs to be more supportive than boxers, but more comfortable than briefs.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can't stop putting nuts in my mouth :laugh:
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like the Emerald almonds 100 calorie packs, helps me limit how many I eat.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Great title, LOL.
    I take them to work in a serving size, so I don't have access to "refills," or I eat them at home along with other higher-volume treats like apple slices, cucumber slices, etc. Or I mix them into a meal like oatmeal or quinoa.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I always limit myself to one serving, sometimes a half serving (I have 14 grams of shelled pistachios on the greek yogurt + strawberries I am eating right now).

I weigh out a serving, pack it up to bring to work or put it in a little ramekin, and eat it.

If I sat with an open bag of trail mix, it would be a different story. Which is why I do not sit with an open bag of trail mix.

I plan my day the night before 90% of the time, and I eat what I've pre-logged. It works very well for me.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I find boxer briefs to be more supportive than boxers, but more comfortable than briefs.

Haha! This thread made it a lot longer than I expected without this kind of thing!
  • julianatalie
    Options
    I sprinkle a few on my salads. I find it helps not to eat the hole lot