Progress Picture - Lost 30lbs :)

Options
maddiec1989
maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
6 months ago, I went to get my annual physical and the doctor weighed me at 175lbs. I was mortified and decided in that moment to start living a more healthy lifestyle. It began with very minor changes like substituting french fries for salads and forcing myself to eat breakfast every day. I then gradually started to incorporate exercise. I wasn't very strict about my "diet", I was still eating whatever I wanted but I began doing so in moderation. At this point, I actually crave and prefer the healthier options.

Today, I am feeling healthier than I ever remember feeling. I've been battling depression/anxiety for all of my teenage and adult life and can honestly say this is the happiest I've been in a very long time. I have so much more energy than I ever did before and a vastly more positive outlook on life. I still have 15lbs to go to reach my goal of 129lbs (I'm 5'6'') but I have no doubt I'll be able to get there by the end of the year. Everyone says this but honestly if I can lose 30lbs, anybody can.

progress.jpg
free image hosting

Replies

• confettiplan
    Options
    You look amazing :)
  • enpleinefloraison
    enpleinefloraison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    this is FANTASTIC:-) what kind of exercise you did to fit up so well? congratulations!
  • lizarene3
    lizarene3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • alikat517
    alikat517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Thank you for sharing-seeing these amazing success stories motivates me to stick with it!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Nice progress! That's great you're happy now! :) Keep up the great work girl
  • maddiec1989
    Options
    this is FANTASTIC:-) what kind of exercise you did to fit up so well? congratulations!

thanks! haha my cardio used to be so bad that the first time I ever did jillian michael's 30 day shred I was dying in the warm up from 30 seconds of jumping jacks. I started by just walking and using an elliptical machine in my basement, and upping the time and resistance every so often. I do the 30 day shred video every once in awhile for strength training but I'm on day 7 right now and am committed to finally finish the 30 days this time around :)
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow chick you look totally amazing like a new person well done :-)
  • JayKiddo
    Options
    shiiiiiit !! :O Thats AWSOME!
  • Helliberrie
    Helliberrie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    fab fab fab!!!!
  • manzanry
    Options
    You look great! Props to you!
  • KristinArredondo
    KristinArredondo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OMG!! INCREDIBLE!!! =)
  • natbeach
    natbeach Posts: 62
    Options
    What a hottie :D
  • maddiec1989
    Options
    thanks everyone :)

I tried to edit in this picture but couldn't find the option. anyway, even my face has changed a ton in just 3 months. the first picture was taken on a trip to Greece in May after I had already started losing weight and the second was taken this past Saturday.

progress2.jpg
  • emfischer90
    emfischer90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Such an inspiration. I am 5'7" and a little over 15 pounds into my weight loss ( started at 184). I can't wait to loose 30 pounds. Its a big milestone :)
  • YOLANDAWICKS
    Options
    you look great keep up the good work
  • rustybago
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! seriously amazing lol i'm totally jealous. (i'm the same height)
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!! Very inspiring and you should be proud!!!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wow - you look awesom!!! Congratulations!
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    great job, you look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!