You know you've become a fitness geek when...

Options

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of most of these habits, especially parking the car far, in the highest floor and taking the steps to get to it while carrying my heavy for nothing work laptop! And using heels since it gives an extra workout to calf and booty
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    When you spend more money on workout clothes and running gear then on your everyday wear.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    When you treat your HRM better than you treat your jewelry.
  • prettypleaseskinnyme
    Options
    When I get bored online at 11 at night and get in the floor and do crunches for fun. :)
  • disneysmith50
    Options
    YES THAT IS ME. MY DAUGHTER WILL SAY MOM DO YOU HAVE TO. WE DON'T GO OUT THAT OFTEN. OR I WILL ORDER SOMETHING AND ONLY EAT A QUATER TO HALF OF IT. :) WE HAVE TO STAY ON TOP THE WEIGHT CAN COME BACK AND WE NOT SEE IT. LIKE NOW FOR ME. SO I'M HAPPY TO BE ONE.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ...you get up at 4:30am so you can start the day with a run and/or some strength training. And on the days you don't, your day is completely "off".
    I can get up at 4:30 or 5:30 am for a race, or 6:30 on the weekend for a nice bike ride or trail run; but I cannot get out of bed at 7:00 Monday through Friday to get to work on time!
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    ...you deliberately park you car at the farthest possible point in the parking lot from the entrance to the store, mall, etc, and when your passenger makes an annoyed sound, you go "What?"

Haha I so do this!!

N I'll add when u start try to motivate people who u know dang right won't even think about working out! Or get disgusted when you see people eating really bad n all u see is the calories adding up from that one meal!
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    you log something into MFP incorrectly and are estatic to find out that you have another few calories to eat once you make the correction...
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You sit at work all day and watch the clock until it's time to leave and head to the gym.

You view food as a source of fuel to get through your workouts.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    ...you get up at 4:30am so you can start the day with a run and/or some strength training. And on the days you don't, your day is completely "off".
    I can get up at 4:30 or 5:30 am for a race, or 6:30 on the weekend for a nice bike ride or trail run; but I cannot get out of bed at 7:00 Monday through Friday to get to work on time!

Same here!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ....you deny the definition of words because you didn't like the way someone used the word in a marketing scheme.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You'd rather go to the gym that drink beer with your buddies.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    you don't wanna eat some if your not sure of the amount of cals..

and go on youtube to checkout workout view woekout videos...
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ...your wife/husband/significant other asks you to run to the store to get something and you actually run to the store to get it!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    ...you go out to dine with family or friends and notice that you're estimating the number of calories, carbs, proteins, fiber, etc in everybody's meals.

HAHA i totally do that too.
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you pass up HH for the gym lol
  • windywind1
    Options
    When you know what you can do better in your exercise routine for tomorrow...and the next day....and the next day....and also have fifty thousand fitness goals :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You offer to lift all the "heavy" stuff. Groceries, luggage, bikes, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yeah, I don't ask my husband to carry the kid's bikes up the hill when they are tired on that last trek home, I carry it for them!!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When you don't care how annoyed your friends are with you because 1) you feel amazing 2) you're looking good while feeling amazing!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When vacation means hiking up rocky mountains, or other adventures in new places and not relaxing with a martini by the beach.