You know you've become a fitness geek when...

Options

Replies

• MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    You treat yourself to things like trainers and HRM lol
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    when you find yourself buying several cartons of egg whites every time you are at the supermarket!
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You'd rather go to the gym that drink beer with your buddies.

Yep! You dread getting asked to happy hour because you don't want the next morning's session to suffer.

How about - You catch yourself feeling your own muscles when you think no one is looking.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When you find a gym that will give you a 7 day free trial membership because the friends/family you're visiting for a week don't have any gym equipment and you know they won't let you use their TV/DVD Player for your workouts.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    you like to look at yourself sideways in a mirror when you NEVER did that before. The abs are flatter and the boobs are perkier.. Oh yea!!
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    When you spend more money on workout clothes and running gear then on your everyday wear.

I am a nightmare for this! I only ever go shopping for workout gear now :P Oh how my life has changed!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You find yourself watching other people excercising and mentally file away new routines to try.
    You find yourself checking out other peoples baskets at the check out and feel smug because yours is healthier
    You find yourself flexing in front of any reflective surface
    You find yourself looking at other peoples muscles (men or women) and trying to estimate how much they can lift.
    You find yourself answering threads like this one :laugh:

^^this and:

You can estimate how many oz a certain piece of meat weighs
    Anywhere you go into frequently i.e. your go-to starbucks store and they know you as "the healthy eater"
    The people at the front desk of your gym know you by your first and last name
    Every trainer in the gym waves "hi" to you
    The guy at the supplement store gets a huge grin on his face when you walk in
    Your Christmas and birthday presents go from normal clothing to all athletic and workout clothes
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When you treat your HRM better than you treat your jewelry.

I love this! It's so true! My HRM has a special spot and I always, always put it away. However, I can't find my favorite necklace anywhere. Last time I saw it was when I took it off at the gym so I could lift weights. I'm guessing it's gone forever. Boo!
  • ozerion
    ozerion Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ...you get up at 4:30am so you can start the day with a run and/or some strength training. And on the days you don't, your day is completely "off".

^^^ YUP! ^^^
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When you look up more journal articles in your free time than you do for research papers.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You 'judge' other people's shopping carts for their nutritional value
    You refuse to go out with friends unless its an ACTIVE activity (going to a lounge is switched to going to a club to actually dance, going for coffee is switched to going for a walk at the park etc)
    You walk to the grocery store instead of drive
    You play at the park with your kids instead of stick them in front of the tv
    Sex gets hotter and hotter!!
  • ozerion
    Options
    ...your wife/husband/significant other asks you to run to the store to get something and you actually run to the store to get it!

Done that too :)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    when you see the same women on the treadmills, on an incline, for 60 minutes and think........she should really start strength training :tongue:
  • PepperGirl1
    PepperGirl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When you have missed a couple of runs due to illness or injury, you wake up from a night's sleep realizing you had wonderful dreams of running and cannot wait for your next run...
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When you know right off hand how many miles are on your shoes but not your car!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    One more.. When you realize you weigh about 15 pounds more than your friend but look 20 pounds thinnner... because she doesn't work out..
  • ozerion
    Options
    ... You park on the bottom floor of the garage so you have more flights to walk up.
    ... You make excuses to go to your car so you can walk up the stairs again.
    ... You are upset when your muscles don't hurt the next day because you didn't push yourself hard enough.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When you have TONS of ENERGY, and it's challenging to walk by the outdoor fitness park without doing pull ups. chin ups, push ups, body weight rows, and other body weight exercises on the pull up bar interspersed with active walking recovery time.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When u turn down a date to go to the gym
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When you just decide to stop driving and walk everywhere and will choose to walk up the hill on the longer route instead of taking the short cut home.