Shedding Light in the Dark Corners

Options

Replies

• BlondieSuess
    BlondieSuess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story has truely inspired me. Keep up the good work!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    and dammit, I'm allowed to be dramatic if I want to be. I saw the first 4, which I expected. But squinting through one barely opened eye, it looked like it had an identical twin next to it. The only way I could be sure would be to open the other eye so that my vision normalized. So I did. 449. Yes, it said 449.

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.

At this point I was crying... Way to go Scott... It may not mean much... But I'M PROUD OF YOU!

Hugs
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow- really didn't know where you were going with the therapy talk....

You appear to take everything in stride, and are a true inspiration. I look forward to watching you grow and progress on this journey!
  • janicaj2
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I know you feel like you have dark corners, but after reading your post I can't help but see that you are full of light and promise. Thank you for speaking out and reminding everyone that you are a living, breathing person - not just a fat guy that people can make fun of. We are way too quick to judge and dehumanize fat people. Congratulations and good luck!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are a fantastic writer, and I'm glad we're friends!! Good for you, Scott!!
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story and about your journey so far...WELL DONE you....you are doing great and I have every faith in the fact that you will get to your 350lbs goal and more....keep on with the great work!
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Keep it up!
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    Options
    You're so gifted, I love your stories. Do you have a blog? And keep up the hard work!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Way to go! Positive thinking like yours is at least half the battle!
  • Mr_C
    Mr_C Posts: 16
    Options
    Congrats, and I sincerly hope that you have a job with the word "writer" in the title. I could have written what you said in a few sentences, and it would have been boring, and no one would have read it all the way through. You have quite the talent.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking us on your journey. I hope you keep us updated as I will be looking forward to your success.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the good work!
  • niskagirl
    niskagirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing gift to motivate people through your writing! At one point I was tearing up reading your post. Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • rf169606
    rf169606 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just want to say how inspired I am by a story like yours. You've done an amazing job so far and have a great attitude. I'm proud and hope that I can get to that positive place that you are. Keep going! You're fantastic!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Youre amazing. And completely right that this is a victory. You arent taking the easy way out or just giving up. I dont think Ive ever actually told and internet stranger that I was proud of them, but I am proud of you. You have great determination and a pretty funny sense of humor. Keep up the good work!!!!!!
  • GOBIGGOHOME
    Options
    Excellent! and by the way your very funny. You should write a book on your expirence. I bet it will be a best seller.
    Love your sence of humor.
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    You made me sniffle. Good job. Don't give up. You are admired by many.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Shedding tears :cry: must count as weight loss. Congratulations Scott. Great story. You are a true inspiration.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    NICE!!! arms.gif
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Wow, just Wow - You are funny and brilliant and insightfull - I look forward to your next loss as much as you do
    Keep it up Scott
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!