NSV - Bridesmaid's Dress

Options
jreeves628
jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
My sister is getting married and the day we went to try on bridesmaids dresses I was crushed. I didnt realize how big I was until then. I was the biggest of all the girls and I became really sad in that dressing room. I ended up ordering a size 16 in the hopes to lose a little weight and fit into it. Eventhough they highly suggested I didnt do so. After getting my butt in gear I fit into the dress and actually exchanged it for a size 14.

Last month I went in to try on the dress for the alterations department and I could barely squeeze into the 14. I assured the lady that I am losing weight and I will fit into it by the end of September. "You have to lose more than just a couple of pounds," she says in her skeptical voice. Why do all the associates think no one can lose weight?? Anyway, I just tried on the dress and was able to zip it up easily on my own. I danced aroung the house for about 15 minutes. I should have had my HRM on, lol. It is actually too long now that I dont fill it out as much, so now I'll have to go back to alterations to get it hemmed. This totally made my day!

Ok, time to go back to happy dancing!

Replies

• Myxangel
    Myxangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing on this...I'm running home to try on my wedding dress at lunchtime. I had to order a much bigger size than I thought and it shocked me a little. I'm using this program to hopefully need it altered a bunch by the time the wedding comes around! Good job and good luck!
  • ljaroch
    ljaroch Posts: 64
    Options
    Huge victory! I was in the same position years ago, the difference is you actually did something about it! I hope you are so proud of yourself! We'd all love to see a pic of you in the dress! ;)
  • jreeves628
    Options
    Perfect timing on this...I'm running home to try on my wedding dress at lunchtime. I had to order a much bigger size than I thought and it shocked me a little. I'm using this program to hopefully need it altered a bunch by the time the wedding comes around! Good job and good luck!

Good luck! I'd love to hear how it fits.
    Huge victory! I was in the same position years ago, the difference is you actually did something about it! I hope you are so proud of yourself! We'd all love to see a pic of you in the dress! ;)

I'm running out to pick up my son from school, but I'll take a picture and post it here when I get back home.
  • Julietecosse
    Options
    My sister is getting married and the day we went to try on bridesmaids dresses I was crushed. I didnt realize how big I was until then. I was the biggest of all the girls and I became really sad in that dressing room. I ended up ordering a size 16 in the hopes to lose a little weight and fit into it. Eventhough they highly suggested I didnt do so. After getting my butt in gear I fit into the dress and actually exchanged it for a size 14.

Last month I went in to try on the dress for the alterations department and I could barely squeeze into the 14. I assured the lady that I am losing weight and I will fit into it by the end of September. "You have to lose more than just a couple of pounds," she says in her skeptical voice. Why do all the associates think no one can lose weight?? Anyway, I just tried on the dress and was able to zip it up easily on my own. I danced aroung the house for about 15 minutes. I should have had my HRM on, lol. It is actually too long now that I dont fill it out as much, so now I'll have to go back to alterations to get it hemmed. This totally made my day!
    Ok, time to go back to happy dancing!

Brilliant for you!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    *happy dance* So glad you're able to feel good in your bridesmaid dress! Great work! :)
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm so impressed by your confidence and drive to lose the weight and prove all the skeptics wrong :smile: WTG!!
  • minnielovesmickey
    minnielovesmickey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awww, that's fabulous (0:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Good luck! I'd love to hear how it fits.

I'm running out to pick up my son from school, but I'll take a picture and post it here when I get back home.

Awesome story! (Don't worry about the store people, do you have any idea how many people say they will lose weight and don't? You're like one in a thousand, probably.)

Would love to see a pic, too!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!!!!!
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Excellent story! Congrats! Enjoy the wedding!
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're going to have a blast at this wedding!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    GREAT!!!! Also keep in mind that those stupid dresses are cut WAY small!!!! my BFF is getting married in Dec and she wears like a 16 top and had to buy a 20 dress!!! So don't let it get you down too much! How exciting for you!!!
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Isn't it great when you can prove everyone wrong? :) You're doing great,and you're going to look wonderful in your dress, I just know it!
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    GREAT!!!! Also keep in mind that those stupid dresses are cut WAY small!!!! my BFF is getting married in Dec and she wears like a 16 top and had to buy a 20 dress!!! So don't let it get you down too much! How exciting for you!!!

This! Formal dress sizes are usually a size or 2 bigger than what you really are!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    :happy: awesome!! enjoy your happy dance!
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options

This! Formal dress sizes are usually a size or 2 bigger than what you really are!

Yep, this. When my sister got married 3 years ago, I had to buy a size 30 dress *and have it let out*, and I normally wear a 22-24. Talk about emotionally devastating!

So congratulations on the NSV, and remember that these dresses run *small*. (Well, usually - she bought her dress two sizes bigger online BECAUSE mine was so small, and had to have it taken in as it was cavernous. *lol* So read the measurement tables.)

=Betty=
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yay! Wonderful NSV
  • jreeves628
    Options
    I couldn't edit my first post for some reason. So I'm placing the photo here.

CIMG4692.jpg

Edited: The photo is not coming out the same way it looks after editing it on photobucket, but you can see me.
  • jreeves628
    Options
    Trying one more time:

Dress.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!