NSV - Bridesmaid's Dress

Options

Replies

• mindirella
    Options
    Great job girl!!! As you can see in my side-by-side profile pic - the pic on the right is me in a bridesmaid dress. My friend asked me to be her maid of honor and that's what really got me motivated. From that January (when she asked me) to November (the wedding) I lost 30 pounds and was so excited to fit into that beautiful dress. It got me to realise I could do this and I've lost 20 more since then.

I totally understand the "Happy Dance"..... I didn't want to take the dress off!! :)

Have a WONDERFUL time at the wedding - you look amazing!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That's awesome congrats! Saw the pic you look so pretty. I'm doing a happy dance for you!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments! I should go in and thank them all in the store also. They probably motivated me to prove them wrong. :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look gorgeous in that dress. :flowerforyou:
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Trying one more time:

Dress.jpg

You look great!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    the timing of your post couldn't have been better.....I'm in a wedding in October and when i ordered my dress in July the largest size they had was a 14...Im a 16 but I bought the 14 anyways.....tried it on yesterday and I'm only like 7ish pounds away from it fitting perfectly......have about a month n a half left to lose...but thanks for sharing your story and giving me hope!!!!!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are Da Bomb!!! All the best rockin' that dress @ the wedding!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and a pretty dress! I recently had a similar experience!

I picked up the bridesmaid dress for my sister's November wedding in late June and after trying it on and being utterly depressed I got serious on here on July 1st. I tried it on recently for my grandmother and its clear that it needs to be taken in at least 1 size as of right now! I'm waiting till a few weeks before the wedding (its Nov. 1st) and I'm hoping to turn that size 18 bridesmaid dress into a size 14 bridesmaid dress!

For once I think I'll feel like a beautiful bridesmaid!
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know, I went home to Chicago in April for my baby bros wedding and a neighbor who hadn't seen me in many years just looked at me blankly when I said Hi. She said in a very shocked voice "I would never have recognized you if you hadn't told me who you were!" I was CRUSHED! I came back to Tucson and joined the YMCA the next day. I've lost 31 lbs since then! WOOT! Keep up the good work
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You'll look beautiful! You can do it!
  • jreeves628
    Options
    the timing of your post couldn't have been better.....I'm in a wedding in October and when i ordered my dress in July the largest size they had was a 14...Im a 16 but I bought the 14 anyways.....tried it on yesterday and I'm only like 7ish pounds away from it fitting perfectly......have about a month n a half left to lose...but thanks for sharing your story and giving me hope!!!!!

You can definitely do it!! Work it girl!
  • jreeves628
    Options
    That's AWESOME! And don't I see an Eliptical machine in the background...you've obviously used it for more than a dress hanger, great work! Keep it up!

Honestly, it is more of a coat rack, lol. I only use it once in a while to break things up because I don't like the monotony.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Thats a terrific NSV!!! Congrats exceeding your dress goal and on proving everyone wrong :flowerforyou:
  • jreeves628
    Options
    Wow congratulations - you look amazing! I'm actually in a similar situation myself right now except a bit more tricky than yours.

When I went to try on my bridesmaid dress, this time last year, I fit perfectly into a size 12, so that's the size they ordered for me.

About a month ago, I tried it on and it was far far too big. I couldn't exchange it for a 10 because they don't sell that particular style of dress any more, they've stopped production. So I had to get it professionally altered.

It still fit perfectly 3 weeks ago but the wedding isn't for another month so I'm very worried it will be too big by then. And the problem is, the dress has a particular pattern on the back which would be totally ruined if it was altered any more, so if it doesn't fit on the wedding day I'm screwed!

I hope everything works out with your dress. I was afraid that would happen, that is why I waited to get the dress altered until the last minute. I'm sure it'll all work out for you though. It's better than the dress being too small, right?
  • jreeves628
    Options
    Great job! I know, I went home to Chicago in April for my baby bros wedding and a neighbor who hadn't seen me in many years just looked at me blankly when I said Hi. She said in a very shocked voice "I would never have recognized you if you hadn't told me who you were!" I was CRUSHED! I came back to Tucson and joined the YMCA the next day. I've lost 31 lbs since then! WOOT! Keep up the good work

That's great!!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! A super big NSV!! Great job at showing those associates that it can be done!! (they probably hear those words a lot, and girls haven't been keeping their word, lol!) :drinker:
  • Mteach1
    Mteach1 Posts: 22
    Options
    what a great feeling! Awesome job and the dress is pretty too!
  • gna1103
    gna1103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    one word, WOW! congratulation!
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married and the day we went to try on bridesmaids dresses I was crushed. I didnt realize how big I was until then. I was the biggest of all the girls and I became really sad in that dressing room. I ended up ordering a size 16 in the hopes to lose a little weight and fit into it. Eventhough they highly suggested I didnt do so. After getting my butt in gear I fit into the dress and actually exchanged it for a size 14.

Last month I went in to try on the dress for the alterations department and I could barely squeeze into the 14. I assured the lady that I am losing weight and I will fit into it by the end of September. "You have to lose more than just a couple of pounds," she says in her skeptical voice. Why do all the associates think no one can lose weight?? Anyway, I just tried on the dress and was able to zip it up easily on my own. I danced aroung the house for about 15 minutes. I should have had my HRM on, lol. It is actually too long now that I dont fill it out as much, so now I'll have to go back to alterations to get it hemmed. This totally made my day!

Ok, time to go back to happy dancing!

You can totally do it I know you can. You've done it before and you can do it again!!!!!
    I'm so scared cause I'm trying on Bridesmaid dresses tonight.....oh gosh. And there is only two if us so of course I'm the fattie of the two. Not looking forward to it :(.
    Can't wait to hear how it goes
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    Congrats!! What an AWESOME feeling!!!!

I know kinda how you feel! When I went bridesmaid dress shopping in December (before MFP came into my life) I wore a size 28 and of course, they don't carry anything hardly in that size in the store for me to try on and I felt like such a huge disappointment not only to myself but also in front of the other ladies that were with me. When I officially ordered my dress in about March I was able to barely squeeze into a size 24 (the sales lady suggested I order a 26). Glad I didn't listen to the store and ordered the 24. I have remained on program and lost 51 pounds since January. The wedding is in 15 days and I finally feel pretty in my dress...I don't have to suck in and I can breathe!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!