"I lost 20lb just by..."

Options
13»

Replies

• roguestates
    Options
    Honestly, I haven't lost a crap-ton of weight by the changes I made.

To begin with, I'm not a soda drinker, and I don't eat fast food. Occasionally I have a beer/glass of wine, but only one or two because my alcohol tolerance sucks. It's hard to cut out "junk" food when you don't eat a lot of it to begin with. I've always eaten well (80/20), but I just ate too much of it while being too sedentary.

BUT what has changed? I feel STRONGER. When I do my workouts, I have more energy, endurance, and strength. I sweat less. I'm losing inches and seeing real changes in my body.

So I've only lost 2 measly pounds in 3 months, but my body has changed. Has yours?
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain........on all counts. :)

How do they do it? HOW???? They must have made a pact with the Devil, right?

Want to know my guess? And its just that - a guess. They didnt. They are full of it. IF you are using MFP the way it was meant to be- you know what a calorie deficit is - you know these ppl didnt create one JUST by cutting soda or stopping their afternoon candy bar habit. Most ppl that starve themselves for 3 weeks and eat nothing but maple syrup and pepper (or whatever fad concoction) they dont want ppl to know what stupid lengths they go to. So they lie.

When I tell ppl "all" Im doing is diet and exercise - some look like they dont believe me- they want to hear I swallowed a magic pill, ate whatever and wham! So if I can get looks of disbelief while doing the right things- I am going to choose to believe the fast losers are full of it. (I could and very well may be wrong) Thats my guess and story and Im sticking with it.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain........on all counts. :)

How do they do it? HOW???? They must have made a pact with the Devil, right?

Just pop this pill or sprinkle our magic powder and lose weight................ugh these and the I stopped this and lost....lbs kill me.

I'm so with you man they made a pack with the Devil :devil:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I just started watching what I ate, stopped eating a few key foods, and stopped buying things that were high cal that came in packages with lots of servings. (Like string cheese and nutella)

Yeah I've lost 20lbs in 6wks. I bike to work/everywhere though... mostly I just don't eat half a 1.65quart at a time, though.

I am/was 70-100 pounds overweight, though. Now I'm 60-75 overweight. I don't go to the gym or do anything every week, I just work retail and bike.

I'm only 25 though so my metabolism hasn't started slowing down yet (one of the reasons I decided to seriously start losing weight)

I think I may just secretly have an alright metabolism, sorry!

I'm happy for you, but I still hate you. *waves fist in an indignant fashion*
  • dannytwist
    Options
    For what it's worth, that was an excellent response :-)
    I would have added that the OP should get into the habit of tracking things - what they eat, what exercise they do, etc... They can then check this bi-weekly or monthly to see if what they are doing is working.. If not then they can make amendments to their diet/exercise plan...

^^now that sounds like a lecture haha

As for the original post.. You will find that the people who make these 'little changes' would in fact have made others. A change of habits when losing bodyweight usually consists of more than one thing :-)
  • dannytwist
    Options
    everyone's bodies are different. and cutting back is definitely the first step.
    You don' t have to cut out COMPLETELY. but cutting back significantly, helps.

along with cutting back on weight-gaining foods/drinks, you should be cutting diet soda out of your life completely! They can make you bloated and have ridiculous chemicals in them (they don't even taste that great anyways!)

Although you've cut back and are walking more, your body needs you to eat clean too. That means vegetables and fruit and grains ALL the time. and protein. And leave some calories for the cravings you just can't get rid of.
    but most people who can't lose weight have "cheat days" and don't just stick to ONE day of the week :P been there done that.

You NEED to exercise 4/7 days a week at least and switch up your routine so that your body isn't used to it! once your body gets used to a workout, it doesn't make you sweat as much, and it doesn't do as good of a job as when you started. you gotta change it up!

sorry for this rant lol but in the end, my point is even though you're cutting back on bad things (yay you!) you have to put in that 100% effort into everything else too!

:)

My point isn't all the things I need to do, its how easy some people seem to find it. I know those people are the exception but it still grates.

This is also one of the reasons I don't post on here often. I ask a simple question for support so I don't have to sit here feeling like a bitter freak and I get a lecture.

wow lol. wasn't lecturing. was helping. seems silly to whine about how easy others have it when obviously not everyones bodies are the same. so i gave a few pointers. good luck in life brother. lol.

For what it's worth, that was an excellent response :-)
    I would have added that the OP should get into the habit of tracking things - what they eat, what exercise they do, etc... They can then check this bi-weekly or monthly to see if what they are doing is working.. If not then they can make amendments to their diet/exercise plan...

^^now that sounds like a lecture haha

As for the original post.. You will find that the people who make these 'little changes' would in fact have made others. A change of habits when losing bodyweight usually consists of more than one thing :-)