Ever try logging your entire day in the morning

Options
1235»

Replies

• CarlaC78
    CarlaC78 Posts: 30
    Options
    I always log everything for the whole day first thing in the morning. Means I know what I am eating and if I really want to eat something that puts me over then I have to exercise more to allow it :)
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this over the last week and its helped me reduce the cals I eat everyday and start focusing on the carbs / protein / fat groups and reducing them to the right amounts. It also stops me from being hungry because I know another meal is just a few hours away and stops me snacking.

Wish I had started doing this alot sooner - and as an added (non diet related) bonus I spend less on shopping now because food doesnt go off before i cook it because its all pre planned and worked to fit in with expiry dates etc.

Theres nothing better walking out of the gym in the morning knowing youve had a great workout and a good deficit before you even get to work!
  • kimlewis4025
    Options
    I always log everything for the whole day first thing in the morning. Means I know what I am eating and if I really want to eat something that puts me over then I have to exercise more to allow it :)

Exactly!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I come from a military family so I know exactly what we'll be having dinner! We make a 'menu plan' on Friday night for the following week so my father can make an 'effective' shopping list. This helps greatly when it comes to logging my food; I can log pretty much log everything the day before in some cases so I know how many 'spare calories' I have to snack on through the day.

Some days, when I log as I go along, I'm worried that I'll go over without realising so I find that pre-logging give me a bit of wiggle room just in case.

Also I find if I've pre-logged something, be it food or a gym session, I'm less likely to deviate- I've put it down and that's what I'm going to do!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, just about every day (nearly 600 days so far).
    It means I've never yet had to post a thread entitled "OMG I have 600 cals left to ea at 10pmt" or "OMG, it's lunchtime and I don't have any calories left".
  • athomew7
    athomew7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have done this, and it helps me. I just think of it as planning my food day. Sometimes I have to change a few things, but I have found it helps me stick to my plan better. It also saves me time, and I am not constantly thinking about what I am going to have. Another time I find it helpful is when I have "fallen off the wagon." I find I get back to it quicker if commit to what I will eat for the whole day. I don't do it all the time, but it is useful.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I log my entire day the night before. I look forward to meals and also I'm not deciding what I will eat whilst hungry which means I make better choices.
  • midnight333
    Options
    Saving Topic - Lots of nice ideas in this thread for me to try. I need to pre-plan, I'm always impromptu with my meals.