Mens Compression shorts

Options
Compression shorts - it is claimed that they help support the muscles when exercising do anyone believe this?

I recently bought a pair simply because I had no undies left that fitted, all I can say is the are the most comfortable thing I have worn for running.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    first off, they should be called compression underwear

i like them for working out, cuz they keep everything from flying around. But i wear gym shorts or track pants over them.

but i see people at my gym wearing JUST compression shorts. and a guy in my triathlon did the race in just compression shorts. kind gross.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    For running? No way, no how. Running shorts with the built in liner is the only way for me. I can't stand that compressed feeling. The few times a year that I'm forced to wear tights to run are agonizing. :smile:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

i like them for working out, cuz they keep everything from flying around. But i wear gym shorts or track pants over them.

but i see people at my gym wearing JUST compression shorts. and a guy in my triathlon did the race in just compression shorts. kind gross.

This. I wear shorts over mine.
  • spotdog14
    Options
    They go by a lot of names by different brands, compression shorts, compression briefs, compression underwear. Either way yes I wear them every time I work out because without them I get chafed like there is no tomorrow. Its the only thing I have tried that actually prevents it from happening to me.

I have also purchased some of the cheaper Adidas brand compression briefs and wear them as regular underwear fairly often now.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you have no idea how fun it is to grab an *kitten* in those things. just saying.
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I only wear them to keep my **** from flopping around.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I work out at a Crossfit box3-4 days a week. It is policy and common curtesy for guys to wear them if wearing typical gym short cuz all too often the gym short lef gaps open and shows brain.

I personally hate them, as they make my jusnk feel like it is being smothered.

On a side note, most of the girls at my box wear the tiny lil boy short, wither the ones that hug thier *kitten*, which is nice, or loos leg ones which eventually give you an *kitten* shot and on a rare occaision ffull on bush, are in most cases, hardwood floors. LOl..

I forgot the question
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options

O yeah, i wear shorts over them, I dont want the hot dog impression on sight.
  • jlr2001
    jlr2001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was wondering at the sporting goods stores I see two different styles of compression pants.
    Style 1
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b638/james_richardson4/E1A_zps6fd0716d.jpg
    This style looks like underwear and should be worn under some sort of clothing
    Style 2
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b638/james_richardson4/E2A_zps29f26160.jpg
    This style looks like a tight pair of pants. Just curious thanks for all of the info so far.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    wearr shorts over both.
  • jlr2001
    jlr2001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just curious about your thoughts according to Under armours site (www.ua.com)
    Q. Are the leggings always worn under fleece or shorts or are the worn by themselves in moderate temperature
    without anything over them?

Under Armour answered the question by saying
    Because they do not have an open fly you can feel comfortable wearing them alone, but of course you can layer on top of them as well if needed.

Just curious thanks for your help
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    For running, I just wear running shorts. But compression underwear is almost a necessity for bike riding and keeps certain objects out of harm's way when I lift.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Yes. For the sake of all that is holy, wear something over them. I used to run with a friend that insisted on wearing just them. We always end up in a race to see who was in front 'cause I wasn't watching that on a long run.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Yes. For the sake of all that is holy, wear something over them. I used to run with a friend that insisted on wearing just them. We always end up in a race to see who was in front 'cause I wasn't watching that on a long run.

If you wore them, and I was on a long run with you, I'd lose on purpose.

:flowerforyou:
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

If you wore them, and I was on a long run with you, I'd lose on purpose.

:flowerforyou:

I'm afraid that would be quite the race to the bottom . . . :heart:
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe I am the only one out there, but I find wearing compression shorts very comfortable while running. True, there are some compression shorts out there that should just be used as underwear, but there are some that are made to be the only layer. These are sim to those used my guys running in tri's, but without the added padding.

If it is ok for women to wear them as the only bottom layer, then why not men?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe I am the only one out there, but I find wearing compression shorts very comfortable while running. True, there are some compression shorts out there that should just be used as underwear, but there are some that are made to be the only layer. These are sim to those used my guys running in tri's, but without the added padding.

Because women dont have things flopping out all over the place.

I pretty much dont have "regular" underwear anymore I just use these because they are way more comfortable.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

For the same reason speedos aren't allowed except on swim team. No one wants to see that.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    you have no idea how fun it is to grab an *kitten* in those things. just saying.

I do lol