Anyone else use a kitchen scale?

Options
I just bought mine yesterday. No more guessing. I ate 161g of pork for dinner...now off to weigh my raisins and nuts for lunchtime snacking!

It's really not that big of a time consumer either...and you can get "cute" ones that go with your kitchen decor, if that is part of the decision making process.

Replies

• Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just bought one about 2 weeks ago. i weigh everything
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I do not make a meal without using a kitchen scale. I love it. Makes it easier to guess the right portion size when I eat out because I am so used to seeing 'true' portion sizes.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I use a postal scale. We own it for my husband's eBay hobby.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I think it is a big part of my success. No more guessing
  • jeslyn2360
    Options
    I have one. I bought it on my weight watchers tirade. I have yet to use it. I really should though. Especially with meat cuts.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, just got the biggest loser one a few weeks ago to weigh my meats. I found out that I was really underestimating my meats...makes a big difference to me:)
  • SpamLamb
    SpamLamb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFB but in my past WW experience I loved my scale. Wouldn't trade it for much, really. I don't trust myself to eyeball it. It's too easy to deceive myself. Can't argue with real numbers.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think a food scale is a must. They're not expensive. How else can you measure your calories if you don't even know the portions you're getting? I go all out with mine. I separate all my food into portions that fit my diet. For instance, I'm not about to give up Doritos, but I can't be trusted with a big bag. I simply weigh them out and put them in baggies. With things like chicken, I'll cut them up into meal size portions and put them in freezer bags. It really makes tracking easier and it really helps train me as to what a proper portion should look like.
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    oh yea i love knowing exactly what im eating, makes counting cals much more accurate n fun
  • boireann
    Options
    i love my 'zero out' feature. i place a plate on the scale and hit 'zero out' - scale shows zero add my salmon and it reads 3.5 oz. Hit the 'zero out' button and add my rice! etc. Just bought a Fitbit too. Guess I'm just into the numbers game.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yep, bought one at Macys and i love it, i use it all the time. I like knowing what my portions are-like people have said, no more guessing :) its not time consuming to use either-i mean how hard is it to set something on the scale and pick it up again?
  • kawaii_spn
    kawaii_spn Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a couple weeks ago and love it! I keep it right on the counter and use it for everything. Kinda makes me want a portable one now to weigh food when I eat out because I'm so used to weighing everything.
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    Options
    Kitchen scale is a must for me. It doesn't work without it... :tongue: At least not for me.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I weigh absolutely everything! my portion control has become a lot better since doing so.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I love my scale! One of my favorite purchases. I weigh everything I eat. It's really useful for baking too!
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep use mine all the time, I find it very useful to weigh out my portion of family dishes I have cooked and also it makes calorie counting possible
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weigh e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g

Down to the last gram.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I love mine! It's so much easier to weigh out things like cereal and ice cream rather than trying to use a measuring cup.
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I weigh everything. I know people say it is a bore, but I am so into using the scales as a habit, that it doesn't bother me. I hope through doing so, I can look over my diary and make any adjustments to ensure continued loss.

Having said that I used to follow a food plan that used the size of your hand as a tool for measuring. Baked potato should be the size of your fist, protein the flat of your palm and handfuls of fruit. It did work too.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I just got around to buying one. It's a lot more useful than I would have thought.