what helps you workout when your really not feeling it?

Options
what helps motivate you to get up and active on those days when you reaaalllyy cant be bothered?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    a coffee.
  • rebeccaerincameron
    Options
    looking through a fitness tag on tumblr :P
  • lhorton84
    lhorton84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the answers on this on as well. As I somtimes find it really hard to get motivated :smile:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Go back to your profile and re-read your inspirations......

.... if they no longer inspire you, time to edit them to new ones!

Rinse and repeat!
  • ennysmith
    Options
    think about your goal.
  • Lairosiel
    Lairosiel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    looking at the before and after pictures on the forums - makes me realize I want to be as awesome as they are and then I hit it!
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym anyway, and once I start I can't stop.
  • Jeffsimpson
    Options
    What helps me get up in the morning? Caffeine.

What motivates me to actually do the workout? I look at my workout log every morning before I workout, and then again at night before I go to bed. I look at all of the hard work I've gone through, and I need to have a *really* serious reason for needing to skip or mail-in a workout. It's the one hour a day that I can zone out to another world, and I am in complete control of my efforts. I really dread 'rest' days now...ha.. it throws off my entire schedule.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    The "Success" thread here, or Gympact. Getting charged $5 for NOT working out is a good motivation.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Lots of cocaine!

But seriously, there are many days I just don't have the motivation to get off my butt, but all it takes is a look in the mirror for me and I get what I need.

Knowing where I came from and seeing where I am now makes me happy and seeing the difference in my body and how I feel makes me want to get moving.
  • volatileskin
    volatileskin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. thinking about how i'll feel afterwards (never ever not once for any reason have i ever regretted a workout)
    2. my goals - visuals really help, not just words
    3. COFFEE.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Knowing that 95% of the time the motivation shows up once I have started. As to what actually gets me started in the first place, one good look at myself is generally all it takes. Of course, I'm not sure that will continue to be as effective the closer I get to my goal.
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just go do it. Sometimes I have to drag myself to do a workout but once I start, I feel amazing.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    looking in the mirror :sad:
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lying to myself.

"Oh come on. You can do 10 minutes! Then you can quit."

Once I actually get started I'll go for 30, it's just getting me to start. And I KNOW that. But I still tell myself that lie to get myself off my tail. And hey, it works, so I go with it.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    looking in the mirror :sad:

This.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    realizing if i just sit around it won't help me reach my goals any faster. :smile:
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror!
  • evademers
    Options
    Depends do you feel like that everyday or after a hard week of working out because then your body maybe telling you to rest. You need that once in awhile :) But if its an everyday feeling just imagine how your going to feel after your done,proud,accomplished and one day closer to your goal!! I always say MIND BODY and SPIRIT, do it to get rid of stress and it will become second nature the rest will follow!!! You can do it get up and get that bod moving, do it because you want to better yourself all around :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,698 Member
    Options
    Watching junk food television on the smart phone while slogging it out on a cross trainer.