what helps you workout when your really not feeling it?

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I just get on with it regardless, cos I know when I am finished I will feel soo much better about myself, its gives me a buzz in the mornings lol and I love feeling the burn:)
    also it means I can eat a little more...whats not to love eh lol
  • msmary1213
    msmary1213 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    People who you love wanting to see you fail. I want to show them that it's not about them. It's about me!!!
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    Knowing I'll never regret having done it, but I will regret NOT doing it.

But really for me the biggest motivator is that I eat back my exercise calories, and I like to eat. Just looking at my diary and thinking how little I'll get to have for the rest of the day if I don't go to the gym usually will get me out the door.

Also I have a range of things I do. If I'm really not feeling like it, I'll have an 'easy' day--exercise bike instead of a long run, or a DVD at home if the weather is crap. If you have enough options, you'll probably be able to find ONE you feel like doing.
  • headoverhills
    Options
    The number of calories in my food diary :laugh:
  • kmac524
    kmac524 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I don't want to workout or I procrastinate about doing it. I watch this: http://youtu.be/lsSC2vx7zFQ

Then I get my butt up and get it done. Because I want to meet my goals as much as I want to breathe. I let that stupid little voice keep me down for too many years. That little voice saying "just take it easy, you already workout hard enough." OR "It's ok to eat that because you "deserve it" as hard as you work." That little voice I kick in the butt and tell it to SHUT UP and get OUT! That little voice is almost dead and I'll keep trying to kill it because it gets me no where.

"Don't cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt. Get a reward from it! Don't go to sleep until you SUCCEED!!!" ~ The Hip Hop Preacher, Eric Thomas

LOVE it!! Powerful video!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    The scale and the mirror. Those 2 things will get my *kitten* moving if I'm not feeling it.
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The knowledge that as soon as I walk through the doors of the gym, that "can't be bothered" feeling disappears instantly.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There are days I have a really hard time getting motivated to work out but then I think of how the spare tire around my middle isn't going away on its own.

As soon as I get home from work I change into my work out clothes, grab water and start my routine right away. Believe it or not, I feel so much better and have a lot more energy after the workout.
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    knowing ill feel like **** if i dont.. and ill regret not working out.. and then think about all the food you have eaten during the day and its just sitting in your body.. i like to know that im atleast helping my body use that food for fuel! PUSH YOURSELF!!!! NO EXCUSES!
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well, I always don't feel like it until I'm actually dressed and out there, then suddenly I'm in the mood. And just think to yourself, have I ever regretted a workout?

Nike - just do it :wink:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Oh this definitely happens!! When I don't feel like working out, it's usually because I'm exhausted. I pop in a 20 minute yoga DVD and tell myself it's better than nothing, and at least it will help me stretch out and relax. I always end up feeling energized and warmed up after, and throw the sneaks on and hit the pavement. Yoga really brings me out of my funk.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lying to myself.

"Oh come on. You can do 10 minutes! Then you can quit."

Once I actually get started I'll go for 30, it's just getting me to start. And I KNOW that. But I still tell myself that lie to get myself off my tail. And hey, it works, so I go with it.

Ha! I do the SAME THING....
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Exercise is my "happy pill". It improves my mood, energy levels, health...skipping it is just not an option, unless I'm sick. So I don't think about it. I just do it. Even if I can't squeeze in my usual workout, I do *something*.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym anyway, and once I start I can't stop.

That was me this morning. My cat is undergoing surgery today which has left me a bit numb and nervous. Last thing I wanted to do today is go to the gym but I put my gym clothes on, drove her to the vet and then drove to the gym. I even drove past my house on the way to the gym and considered going home but I knew once I got in the gym, I'd be able to do something. It was only 20 minutes on an arc trainer (today is a light/cardio day) so it was something. I plan to do yoga later on today as well.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I work out first thing in the morning! I keep telling myself 'just do it' then I feel great afterwards and knowing that I got that out of my schedule for the day!
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    "Suck it up so you don't have to suck it in."

Also, some really great music can get me going.
  • EricaCarmack
    Options
    looking in the mirror
    wanting to wear smaller sizes (more cute clothes!)
    wanting my husband to literally drool when he sees me
    sweating- if i do not have sweat rolling down my back~ i tell myself i am not doing anything to this fat!

and the one thing that i have to tell myself constantly," buck the f*** up! you are doing so much more to lose than anyone you know! keep it that way!"

head up, stay strong
    and put your big girl panties on!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sugar! :laugh:

Seriously, I *always* feel awesome when I'm done, so if I feel like crap, I know that a workout will make me feel better. Exercise is good medicine, for real.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have an old picture of me displayed in my kitchen.. that's enough to remind me where I was..and that I dont want to go back again..one day I dont..then its two...then its three...then is a month...

Always have to be on it!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sugar! :laugh:

Seriously, I *always* feel awesome when I'm done, so if I feel like crap, I know that a workout will make me feel better. Exercise is good medicine, for real.

^^^This

I've had days where I've had to have a serious chat with myself but I've never regretted lacing up the shoes and heading out for a run.