Running Shoes - ladies??

Ladies - any comfy running shoes you can recommend? I currently use the Reebok toning shoes (while jogging/walking) and they're not too comfortable.

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Go get fitted at a running store.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    I've been saving up to get a good pair, and plan on going to a running store this weekend so they can analyze my run and recommend a shoe :)
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member

Yes!
  • mojosister
    mojosister Posts: 25 Member
    I recently bought Nike Vomero shoes - pricy, but worth every penny!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Asics Maverick Gel!

Just got myself a second pair. They're fantastic on a treadmill or road/sidewalk, doesn't matter.
  • You have to find out which shoes fit your feet. Like myself, Nikes are killers to my feet. I prefere Asics. My friend on the other hand would not even dream to use anything elsa than Nike. You know the shoes are wright, when You have no doubts about them. And if You are planning to use those shoes alot, don't look at the price. They are going to be worth of every penny, if they fit. Consider also to have custom made insoles :smile:
  • You need to be fitted at a running store. What works for one person doesn't always work for another.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Agree with PP about getting fitted. And generally just trying on a bunch of shoes. Both my sister and I recently went to a running store to get fitted. We both have neutral feet so were looking at the same shoes. I put on a pair of Mizunos and instantly knew they were my shoes. They felt so comfortable and amazing. My sister put on the same pair and immediately wanted them off because they hurt her feet. You have to find out what type of shoe is right for you and then try on a bunch of different pairs, you will know which one feels best for your feet.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Go get fitted at a running store (don't just go to a shoe/sporting goods store in the mall).

Everyone has different needs - for example, I could tell you that Brooks Adrenalines are AWESOME and I love how they relieve the pain in my shins I get from underpronating and I highly recommend them. But that might not help you because you might not underpronate.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    I really like reebok zigs.
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Absolutely get fitted at a running store.

Ask to try on Asics Gel Nimbus - I have "13" and they just released "14".

SUPER-SQUISHY! very well cushioned, feels like running on air.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Saucony: I try and get the older version because it's just as good and it's also cheaper
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    I love Brooks, they're the only brand that I'll run in!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    I wear Asics or Mizuno. Can't wear Nike or NB if my life depended on it.

Good luck! A good shoe can make or break a workout.
  • veronica_0920
    veronica_0920 Posts: 25 Member
    I too go for the Asica gel nimbus- I have horrible knee pain. I was also fitted at a running store though. When my knees start to "flare-up" I know it's time for a new pair of kicks!
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    I had the Brooks Ghost 4...loved them. Turned around and bought the Brooks Ghost 5! Even better! :) They are for neutral fitting. :)
  • nefbaker
    nefbaker Posts: 79
    Ladies - any comfy running shoes you can recommend? I currently use the Reebok toning shoes (while jogging/walking) and they're not too comfortable.

The toning shoes are not good for running in. They are designed to throw you off balance, which is why they 'tone' you. They should only be used for walking.

Go to a decent shoe store that specializes in running. Because I'm going to tell you New Balance, and someone will say Brooks, and someone else will say Saucany or Asics.

And none of us are wrong. :) Expect to pay over $100, though. And use your running shoes ONLY for running.
  • Absolutely get fitted at a running store.

Ask to try on Asics Gel Nimbus - I have "13" and they just released "14".

SUPER-SQUISHY! very well cushioned, feels like running on air.

THIS!!!!
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    I just purchased a pair of Brooks....and I am in heaven!!! By far the best running shoe I have had to date. Love, love, love them!
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member

Agreed!