iphone apps for tracking running

Options
2»

Replies

• rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    The apps do use alot of your time up. I almost went over my time in less than two weeks. I have used both Map my Run and Nike. I have had good luck with both and have found them to be accurate, it may have been a fluke. I check out my routes with my car first to see and add if I need more or less and always have been right on.....except when it looked like I was zigzagging down the road...haha
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I was using Runkeeper, but I switched to Nike Running because it doesn't seem to lose the satellites and it also keeps track on how many miles I put on my shoes. It used to cost $1.99, but now it's free, which is a huge bonus. I also like that I can set it to update my progress every so many minutes, or by the 1/2 mile or mile. I still use Runkeeper when I walk, but I use Nike exclusively when I run.
  • StevenDweeb
    StevenDweeb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use EndoMondo Pro - mostly because it tracks a variety of activities. Has interval times, allows you to go against your own times on the same route etc. As far as data use, I just checked, and on my last 80 minute hike along the river it used all of 487kb (which is basically nothing)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I was using Runkeeper, but I switched to Nike Running because it doesn't seem to lose the satellites and it also keeps track on how many miles I put on my shoes. It used to cost $1.99, but now it's free, which is a huge bonus. I also like that I can set it to update my progress every so many minutes, or by the 1/2 mile or mile. I still use Runkeeper when I walk, but I use Nike exclusively when I run.

I did not know the NIke app was free now!

I use Runkeeper for my running and walking. Had issues with wonky satellite readings in the past (dang thing kept showing me starting my run in the middle of a cornfield, and running a 4 min. mile - I wish! :tongue:), but they seem to have straightened that out - no issues with it for months.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ and I LOVE it! Ive been using it for nearly a year and havent had a problem.