Fall is coming!

MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So I'm getting impatient for Summer to end here. I hate summer. I hate being hot all the time and paying so much for AC. I am definitely looking forward to Fall...Anybody else? These are the things I miss most...

1.) Sweaters-comfy, cozy and CUTE
2.) Jeans...all the time. No more shorts. Blah (mostly because I'm very pale and have a hard time tanning...always embarassing.)
3.) Eggnog....(Whoa whoa...light version)-especially in coffee.
3.) making Fall/Winter treats like pumpkin bread, pies, homemade soups and stews....
4.) Watching Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea with my sisters...an autumn tradition on labor day...we used to watch it every year-my mom always made caramel apples that weekend...
5.) The beautiful fall colors outside
6.) Cool days-seeing my breath in the air while clutching my piping hot red-eye with steamed eggnog (I'm detecting a theme)

ANybody else? I'm so psyched for days when I need at least a light jacket outside :(

Replies

• holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Not me... I love Summer and the heat! Gonna miss those long hot days at the lake getting my tan on. Fall is the first glimps into winter and winter sucks. But hey, that's just me.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Fall is my favorite time of the yer too!

however most cases fall doesn't come to Texas until late October in most cases.
  • Fall is mine, as well! Football, apple picking, cooler weather!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Fall is a GREAT time although I love summer too! Football and if you've never heard a bull elk bugle echo in the mountains of the northwest............you're missing something spectacular!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I love fall because it's so pretty. This state is horrifically humid all summer, and suddenly there's cool weather and pretty colors. And I hate driving in 95 degrees with sun beating down on me. Sadly, sometimes we go straight from summer to winter and only get a few days of fall...
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    I love Fall; Winter, not so much.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    So I'm getting impatient for Summer to end here. I hate summer. I hate being hot all the time and paying so much for AC. I am definitely looking forward to Fall...Anybody else? These are the things I miss most...

1.) Sweaters-comfy, cozy and CUTE
    2.) Jeans...all the time. No more shorts. Blah (mostly because I'm very pale and have a hard time tanning...always embarassing.)
    3.) Eggnog....(Whoa whoa...light version)-especially in coffee.
    3.) making Fall/Winter treats like pumpkin bread, pies, homemade soups and stews....
    4.) Watching Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea with my sisters...an autumn tradition on labor day...we used to watch it every year-my mom always made caramel apples that weekend...
    5.) The beautiful fall colors outside
    6.) Cool days-seeing my breath in the air while clutching my piping hot red-eye with steamed eggnog (I'm detecting a theme)

ANybody else? I'm so psyched for days when I need at least a light jacket outside :(

I loved Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea.
  • Fall is my favorite time of the year...be careful of all those fall comfort foods!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    I love Fall. Especially leaves changing, having days that are warm and cool at the same time. I agree about pumpkin bread and soups too. I like how this year I have a 4 month head start on next years new years resolutions lol. I only want to have a small amount to lose by then!
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    I'm so with you on getting rid of summer! Can't wait for chicken/veggie soup weather! We leave this weekend for an Alaska cruise and it is supposed to be cool and rainy - can't wait!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Fall makes me sad because I live in Florida now, so fall here is like summer in New York and I MISS New York autumns.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    I love all the seasons... I'm from Ohio and even winter is great. It makes the other seasons so much better!
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    I LOVE FALL!!!! Everything you mentioned makes me giddy!! :happy: The crunch of the leaves, chilly nights, the smell of fireplaces burning.....aaahhhhh....heaven!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    I can't wait!! =) But as soon as it is cold outside everyday, I'll wish it was Summer.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 729 Member
    I do love fall- especially living in New England. We have all the lovely colors, the smell of a fire on a cool night. Cider donuts, apple picking, Pumpkin Spice Latte... yum!

BUT

Seeing as I am cold all the time- I do enjoy summer. Wearing skirts/dresses and flip flops, being warm all the time, going to the beach. I miss that for sure.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Damn if fall cant get here any faster.

I'm literally marking down the days for the first day of Autumn. I cant wait. Halloween, Thanksgiving, cold weather, dark faster, prelude to winter. Really really cant wait for that.

Just about ready to puch summer in the goddamn throat.
  • Fall is my favorite time of the year! :happy:

Football season...Halloween...sitting out on the porch, cool breeze blowing, country music playing & watching my lil guy run around the yard...Thanksgiving...so much to love about fall!

I'm in Florida so our winters aren't horrible. No snow. Just the occassional freeze.
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Fall is the best! There is just something in the year that puts me in the best mood! Jeans and hoodies, camp fires, the beautiful trees!

:)
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    FOOTBALL!!!!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    I dont mind fall so much the cool crisp weather... Great fall smells and foods... What i hate, colder wearther, dreary weather, darker earlier, jeans, jackets, which all leads to winter.. Blah.. THink I have season depression.. LOL Let's go back to spring and redo summer first!