going to bed hungry

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put myself in a sensory deprivation chamber and focus on the hunger

Other times I have a snack
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Umm.. eat. Why be hungry if you're ACTUALLY hungry and not just bored?
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    I have the same problem :P I usually have a lot of extra calories though so I usually drink a cup of almond milk mixed with a scoop of protein powder. It usually does a pretty good job of filling me up and it's still healthy (:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Have you ran your numbers on any sites? Like fat2fitradio.com ?
    You are clearly not eating enough for a guy your size! 1200 cals on some days?! I eat way more than u and I'm a 5 foot tall little thing lol
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    I space my meals all day long so that my last meal is just before bedtime.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Umm i doo i mean its not a big deal i know im going to be hungry.
    After overeating for years and years...
    Drink a glasss of water it should feel you up just fine ...BIGG GLASS OFF WATTERR.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I do and i dont lets just say that i eat meals throughout the day
    so i dont get super super hungry u could aslo try that
  • bigwagon52
    Options
    i have looked at many other sites. I will try to stay closer to the limit. Its hard to think that i need to eat more. Thats what brought me to this site in the first place...
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    i have looked at many other sites. I will try to stay closer to the limit. Its hard to think that i need to eat more. Thats what brought me to this site in the first place...
    Yes. I've heard people like you say that a million times. What got you here was eating ABOVE your TDEE. I want you to eat at a deficit, but not at so large of one that it causes your problems and makes you stall. There is a healthier way to do it.

First visit this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

And also this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I eat.
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    I have a glass of vanilla soy milk or yogurt. Its not too heavy before you go to bed and it is satisfying :):drinker:
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've heard people like you say that a million times. What got you here was eating ABOVE your TDEE. I want you to eat at a deficit, but not at so large of one that it causes your problems and makes you stall. There is a healthier way to do it.

First visit this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

And also this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

I agree 1000 percent with this beautiful lady....You are grossly under eating which is just as bad as over eating...1200 for a male are you serious?...im 165lbs and im eating 2300 and had 1000 for supper i pitty your poor body
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    drink a BIG glass of water and engage in "extra curricular" activities to get my mind off the hunger

DITTO
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I try to eat something high protein before bed. I use to think that if I went to bed hungry I would sleep and forget about it, but the opposite would happen -- I wouldn't rest well because I was hungry. Eating some small high protein thing helps me rest well.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a snack to at least scare off the tummy rumbles.
    I don't eat a full meal and go to bed, but I'll have a piece of whole fruit or mayben even a piece of low cal bread with a piece of turkey and a pickle rolled up in it or a few crackers.. you get the idea.

If I don't eat something, I'll go back to bed, and then get up later and binge on chips or something else terrible for me. :p
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Drink water and ignore it lol
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I try to have something mid evening a piece of fruit, some popcorn, some nuts and a big glass of water. That way I never go to bed hungry.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
  • Nhh2012
    Nhh2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i usually drink water b/c i notice when i try not to eat for 3-4 hrs. b4 bed is when i lose weight. bob harper even talked said going to bed hungry when promoting his new book.