going to bed hungry

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    i usually drink water b/c i notice when i try not to eat for 3-4 hrs. b4 bed is when i lose weight. bob harper even talked said going to bed hungry when promoting his new book.
    Bob harpers a quack lol

Jus sayin
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i usually drink water b/c i notice when i try not to eat for 3-4 hrs. b4 bed is when i lose weight. bob harper even talked said going to bed hungry when promoting his new book.
    Me to lol i eat like 12,000 calories a day long as i stop 3-4 hours before bed i lose weight...but if i eat right before bed its like instant weight gain.

Magic really
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of cereal in bed.

Special K protein.

****ing love it!

No reason to be hungry ever if you are dieting correctly.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    drink a BIG glass of water and engage in "extra curricular" activities to get my mind off the hunger

Except the water makes me have to pee and the extra curricular activities makes me even hungrier.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    drink a BIG glass of water and engage in "extra curricular" activities to get my mind off the hunger

Except the water makes me have to pee and the extra curricular activities makes me even hungrier.

BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

Make sure you log the exercise....i mean extra curricular activities!
    =D
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I agree with the others...eat!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Drink a cup of 1% milk. It's just enough to get rid of the hunger pang and settle my stomach, and isn't so much liquid that I'll be waking up 2 hours later to use the bathroom. Or if I'm too close to my caloric limit, I drink some herbal tea (non-caffeinated), because the tea helps suppress appetite.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    I eat... nuts or a protein shake... I never go to bed hungry
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I eat.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Interesting all the people posting about drinking water before bed. I stop drinking a couple of hours before bed and I'm still in the bathroom. Anyway, that's a different topic altogether. So, If my tumbly is grumbly at bed time, I have a little cheese snack or a bite of chocolate. I know sugar seems counterintuitive, but I love chocolate at night, and just one bite is perfect.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 8 almonds and a glass of water as my late night snack. I often have trouble falling asleep if I am starving so I eat just enough to keep my stomach from growling
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I always budget enough calories for a late nite snack. I enter it in my diary first thing in the morning so I dont let myself overeat during the day.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Drink a loooooot of water throughout the day! they say that when you get the hunger pangs, always try a glass of water first, sometimes it's your body telling you it needs more of it. if it's actual hunger, then eat something w/ protein or fiber. such as a hard boiled egg, a spoonful of peanut butter or a handful of nuts, drink a glass of milk, eat a piece of toast w/ little butter (or put PB on it!) just something small to get yourself through it. you don't wanna load up on a big snack. just some ideas!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough to even keep a woman alive. Go back to MFP and redo your numbers. And eat another thousand calories, or you will run out of calories to breathe!!!
  • felicia2005
    felicia2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to save a few calories because I love to eat before bed. Just don't go to bed hunger. Eat later in the evening.
  • bigwagon52
    Options
    just wanted to say thanks for all the answers. Hopfully this helped others as well.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Eat something that is low in calories like celery, cucumber, radishes, most of these calories will be burned by just chewing and digestion, best to eat them raw (negative food thing) and also green tea is great, will warm you up.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    what do you do when you are hungry before bed???

I always save calories for a bedtime snack. Otherwise, I just know I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night and 4AM me is not very capable of making rational food choices.
  • nobblynibblets
    Options
    Big mug of Horlicks light (made with water of course). Will also give you a great nights sleep and keep those hunger pangs away.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink much right before bed... it makes me have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. :P
    I'd say maybe a small glass of milk or water and a light snack like an apple, beef jerky, a mini cheese or a couple bites of dinner left overs.

I generally don't have this problem though. For me, it's the 10:30 and 4:30 snack cravings that hit me hardest.