bump
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks!
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Only in 6 pages and have to get to work, but I've already had one "AHA!" moment! Thank you! BUUUUUUUUMP
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    Bizzump
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    The Scale /skāl/

A method of measuring one's total body weight that isn't nearly as important as you may think it is. It's good for distinguishing overall trends, but on a day to day basis, it will just cause you frustration and grief.

LOL ^^^ THIS....
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump for later--
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Saving to read later!
  • jratoms
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • kevinwk
    Options
    bump
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Awesome.......another expert thread :noway:

yup. cuz smart people trying to help others is so terrible. :huh:
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options

Don't you hate it when you mis-type? I know I do. I'm sure you meant to say...
    Awesome.......another expert thread!!

That's better, isn't it? Glad I could help. You're welcome :).

Thanks so much for this post, those of you who contribute. Newbies like me greatly appreciate it!!

Question....is there a way to 'favorite' or 'star' a thread to keep it handy for reference?
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • kandienicole
    Options
    In the perfect world I would be able to develop a plan of exercise that covered all things equally, but I have found that I just end up doing a lot of things not so well. As someone with 100+ to lose, if I want to pick one thing and do it well is it better to pick cardio first to help with substantial weight loss? Is there any undesireable consequences to waiting to add strength training?

I'm no expert, but I'm sure there isn't a health consequence. Focus on losing weight and doing cardio or any exercise you like and will do consistently. When you're closer to your goal weight you can look at strength training then. You might want to make yourself do a little strength training now (which could be body weight work) along with the cardio purely to build the discipline of doing both things.

</b>Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.</b> Any exercise you can do consistently will help. Don't overwhelm yourself and end up doing nothing.

LOVE this quote! I have recently fallen into the trap of trying to find the "perfect" diet and weight training plan...so much so, that it is hard to stick to one plan...I think that being active and aware of what I eat will help regardless of the "perfect" plan. Thanks for the great reminder!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem.
    I stopped taking BP medication (dr told me to..BP is normal now. don't need them anymore). They made me pee a lot (TMI, sorry), and I was losing very important things from that..like potassium, and salt that my body NEEDED!
    Anyways...I eat a banana every morning when I get up. It helps.
    Have your inner ear checked...I know I have had Vertigo issues in the past.
    Also....please start eating some whole grains! Your body NEEDS them to function properly! Good, complex carbs (whole grain/wheat, multi-grains, oatmeal, etc.) are what you shoul be striving for!!!!
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Don't you hate it when you mis-type? I know I do. I'm sure you meant to say...
    Awesome.......another expert thread!!

That's better, isn't it? Glad I could help. You're welcome :).

Thanks so much for this post, those of you who contribute. Newbies like me greatly appreciate it!!

Question....is there a way to 'favorite' or 'star' a thread to keep it handy for reference?

Go in "My Topics" when you write something it will save the ones you comment on.
  • pinkpanthers1995
    pinkpanthers1995 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to take the time to help those of us still struggling with finding what works best. It is so appreciated! I know I will be revisiting often as I progress and get to different points in my journey. You rock :flowerforyou: