Anyone doing the Subway diet?

Options
Or know anyone that is doing it or has done it.

I am pretty much having Subway everyday but i also he fruits and fish outside of Subway products so i have not gone all the way.

I know they have Jared but has it worked for anyone else?
Is it a good diet plan?

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Part of the subway diet was that Jared walked to subway every day...is that possible for you? It's not the worst diet plan, but it has left a lot to be desired.
  • Inrequia
    Inrequia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think it would be better (and far cheaper) to learn how to prepare your own meals. While Subway is one of the better choices if you need some food on the go, the price adds up fast. If you like sandiwches, and the idea behind the Subway diet, buy meat from the deli and keep veggies chopped and prepped in the fridge. Their meats are also processed and full of preservatives, so you're probably better off finding an alternative.

Just my two cents. Whatever you choose, I hope it works out for you.
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    Part of the subway diet was that Jared walked to subway every day...is that possible for you? It's not the worst diet plan, but it has left a lot to be desired.

I bike there,i would say, 3 or 4 times out of the week. Perhaps i'll have to do some more.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I put on about 10 pounds eating not much other than subway. It all comes down to calories. Eat less than you expend. This is easier if you cook yourself.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a better option to make the sandwiches at home yourself. It will be cheaper and it will be healthier.

Subway is one of the better choices out there for fast food however depending on what you put on your sub it is LOADED with sodium (the meats, sauces, and cheese are really high in sodium).

You could make the same things at home for much cheaper. Grab a bunch of sub buns, veggies and whatever cheeses and meats you put on your sandwich. If you eat lunch meats get the lower sodium ones and the lower fat cheeses. Same with the sauces. To make it easy cut up all the veggies and leave in containers in the fridge. Than it's just a grab and quickly make when you eat.

Subway tends to put on much more sauce than a serving really is and one thing I hate is that it's extremely difficult to measure the amount of sauce they do put on your sub. It's all guess work really when counting the nutrition.

If it helps you go for it. I never did it because it's expensive and I like variety.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I agree with others- you could do worse than Subway but it is loaded with sodium and other questionable ingredients (check out what is in their bread). It is no healthier than sucking down a Lean Cuisine or any other packaged frozen heat and eat meal a couple times a day. You will lose weight in a calorie deficit whether you are eating perfectly healthy or if you are eating all crap foods. So yes, you will lose weight by eating at Subway provided you are in a calorie deficit. However, it is healthier and cheaper just to make a sandwich yourself. You don't need to be a chef to slap some meat and vegetables together and a homemade sandwich would have far less calories and sodium, not to mention save you loads of $$ in the long run.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Actually Jared lived right above the Subway in school. He walked maybe 60 seconds down steps and around a corner. :)

To the OP: Subway diet isent something magic...is staying within your calories and being in a defecit. If you stay in a defecit and hit macros, you will lose weight...simple as that.
  • fourspeed
    Options
    I couldn't eat that much bread every day diet or not.........
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    As far as fast food goes - Subway isn't among the worst. But to just eat Subway....NO!!!!!!!!! High Sodium, high processed foods, no fruit, no whold grain....you get the pic. Eat there when you need to grab and go...just don't make it often!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I'm too cheap to do that. I rather eat more of a variety and stay in my caloric intake than that. I know the footlong is a good and cheap option, but I can make my own kind (save money) and have left overs to make for tomorrow!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're checking the calories/nutritional stats on the Subway.com calculator. I used to be a manager for Subway, people thought just because they ate there, they were doing themselves a favour... but their sandwich was a footlong tuna on herbs & cheese bread with extra mayo, pickles, salt & pepper. Add chips & drink and 2 chocolate chip cookies, and you're looking at some hefty damage.

All in all, you could do a lot worse than a 6" turkey (or club, or roast beef, or chicken breast) on WHITE (because the white and wheat are almost nutritiously identical, the wheat has caramel colouring to make it look like wheat bread, and the white tastes 10x better), with cheese, mustard, all the veggies, and s&p. Grab a Coke Zero, water, or unsweetened tea and add baked chips if you want. You're still faring better than if you just got a burger at Whataburger.

Still better for you, cheaper, and potentially tastier if you get the stuff and make it at home. :)
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi everyone.. i go at least once or twice a week.. i do park the farthest ,,if that counts..
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Didnt Jared have AIDS?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Didnt Jared have AIDS?

I believe he did, he attributes a lot of his succes to the aids.
  • healthyCAL
    healthyCAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Didn't realise that this was still a practiced "diet"
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ummm seriously? Subway diet... does that NOT sound like a marketing campaigning tactic?

Pay someone, have him train like a demon, then get him to eat their food and say he lost eating only their food... Yes.. what about training?
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I believe that Jared's diet consisted of

1 - 6 inch sub for lunch
    1- 12 inch sub for dinner
    diet soda
    and baked lays

The calculation for this would be somewhere between 1200-1500 calories. And considering... wasn't he somewhere around 300 lbs+ when he started the diet ? That is very low ... So that's why he lost so much, so fast.

Not a bad idea to keep things low, but you could substitute say, a home made chicken breast + veggies for one of those meals, and have more variety, save money, less preservatives, etc..

Good luck!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Didnt Jared have AIDS?
    I believe he did, he attributes a lot of his succes to the aids.
    Yes. And cancer. The cancer helped too.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Didnt Jared have AIDS?

blog-shaq-face18.jpg

You know you wrong for that!

I did laugh though. Love Southpark!
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the eggwhite omelet a couple times a week ... LOVE IT!!!!