30 Day Shred Sepetember 2012 challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• westie007
    westie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi would you explain the principles of the 30day shred, for all us newbies? Ta :flowerforyou:
  • Tardisqueen
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not entirely sure I am doing this right but...
    Weight 226lb
    waist 40in
    Hips 47in
    Chest 37.5
    Thigh 28

I've included a thigh measurement as I've taken up running, so I want to see how much difference that will make!
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi would you explain the principles of the 30day shred, for all us newbies? Ta :flowerforyou:

its a dvd by jillian michaels designed to help you "shred" aka burn fat in a short amount of time while also toning your muscles like back and arms by using weights. (30 days and 20 minute sessions) with her 321 strength, cardio and abs workout. all this talk got me excited ima start now lol good luck guise
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 complete! I can't help but be a bit discouraged. I completed the shred last month in 35 days, but I was only using heavy water bottles for my weights, so this time around I'm using the only weights I have (5 lbs) and OMG it seems so much harder than the first time around!! Lol, the side lunges with arm raises on the last circuit kicked my booty (or my arms, rather) for sure! Happy shredding to everyone starting today.
  • ebonie101
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 complete! I can't help but be a bit discouraged. I completed the shred last month in 35 days, but I was only using heavy water bottles for my weights, so this time around I'm using the only weights I have (5 lbs) and OMG it seems so much harder than the first time around!! Lol, the side lunges with arm raises on the last circuit kicked my booty (or my arms, rather) for sure! Happy shredding to everyone starting today.

im with you!!! lol using the same 3 pound weights as last time but this time does seem a bit harder o_o i think thats the good thing about this program. after finishing it we didnt just adapt totally so we can get a good workout again. my legs are burning! hope everybody else had a productive workout :)
  • Tardisqueen
    Options
    oops! I just assumed you were all putting your vitals down to record what you are losing! LOL!
  • kady42
    kady42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, do you do 10 days at level 1, then move up? Or do you alternate?
  • kady42
    kady42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @amcnulty

Some things are much harder for me with weights than others. Bicep curls and overhead presses I can use more weight than Lateral raises, and if memory serves, Jillian does a LOT of lateral raises in level 1. So, my advice would be to keep your 5s *and* your water bottles handy, and switch out as needed. :)
  • anneinbelfast
    Options
    I'd like to join your group - started the 30 DS this morning - I'd forgotten how hard it is! The lunges and lateral raises killed me!

Stats 41-33-40
    SW 157
    GW (for the 30 days) 147

Good luck everyone! I know I need the motivation of the group, cos after this morning I'm in pain!!
  • kboatright
    kboatright Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I finished Day 1 Level 1 and I'm looking forward to the next 29 days! I did 30DS before and had success with it. Hope for great success this time as well. Here are my stats:

SW: 216
    Bust: 38
    Waist: 41
    Hips: 47
    Thigh: R: 29, L: 28.5
    Arms: R: 13, L: 13

GW for 30 days: 206
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred today as well! I'd love to join the group.

SW 159
    Bust 41
    Waist 38
    Hips 40

GW 145

My goal weight is probably unrealistic, but we'll see what happens. ha. :)
  • ebonie101
    Options
    I'm curious, do you do 10 days at level 1, then move up? Or do you alternate?

its recommended to change levels when you feel you are comfortable with your current one. but i believe 10 days is enough time. so it would be

10 days level 1

10 days level 2

10 days level 3..some people will have a rest day(which you should) so adjust it to your own needs. may be easier or harder depending on your own body. goodluck if u dont finish in 30 days exactly dont stress it.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Someone has made a group for the September challenge
    Feel free to join

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8031-30-day-shred-sept-1st

I've just done day one and feeling great now xxx
  • deborah0123
    Options
    I got my day 1 level 1 done today. I am surprised I made it through the dvd..I really felt it tho.. I have also did my walk for the day..kicking back watching Dr Who..Congrats to all ..
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am in will post stats later!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

SW: 113
    Bust: 34.75
    Hips: 34
    Waist: 29.5
    GW: 105
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Completed 30 day shred for today. Starting weight I have no idea!! My scale got soaked by my 3 yr old a month ago, and I have yet to replace it. .
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Will you do it 30 consecutive days?
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    am i to late to join?? On day 3 today and hurting already lol
    x
  • amcwilliams3
    Options
    I'm a couple of day late but I want to join!!!!