I'm hungry--chose poorly today and no calories left!

Options
Any suggestions? what do you eat if you run out of "space" in your food diary? I would exercise and earn some points, but I'm working and can't.

Replies

• phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I would eat a piece of fruit and a piece of cheese. Protein and fiber and complex carbs all together will help keep your tummy in balance for awhile.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    eat. the world's not going to end if you're a couple hundred calories over.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    eat a protein bar, or just eat whatever you want and make up for it tomorrow.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would eat a piece of fruit and a piece of cheese. Protein and fiber and complex carbs all together will help keep your tummy in balance for awhile.

I would agree. Sometimes it's better to go ahead and eat something healthy and filling, even if you go over.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When I'm in this situation, I either say screw it and eat something (a protein and a fiber as the other person suggested) or I thank my lucky stars for one of those painful learning experiences that you never forget and starve until tomorrow. I am always much more careful after that. :)
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You can get away with eating cantelope or rockmelon as we call here.. its low in calories and it wont hurt to snack on that... if youve got no calories left at all and your hungry still drink water and keep on drinking it .. it will fill your tummy i do this myself when i get hungry as i dont want to go over my calories... but remember to listen to your body too.. it could be telling you a reason why its hungry
    Any suggestions? what do you eat if you run out of "space" in your food diary? I would exercise and earn some points, but I'm working and can't.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i see a little baby in your photo. if you're breastfeeding, you'll want to eat.
  • kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You've got yourself on a 1200 calorie diet...that's really steep. Consider some extra wiggle room. Good Job on your water!!!
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Have something reasonable and start fresh tomorrow.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Try and drink a tall glass of water and see how you feel. If you are still hungry, eat a small piece of fruit or some vegetables. Low in calories, but filling :)
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    pickles!
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!
  • MandV4U
    MandV4U Posts: 5
    Options
    Gum! Gum helps me!
  • dottijames2000
    Options
    I eat pickles and salad with no dressing, veggies. So you may want to try it.
  • ScorpionReaver
    Options
    Strawberries. Minimal calories, quite filling & a ton of vitamin C :)
    I'm assuming you have a desk job, or something with little activity?
  • Kari_L_Moore
    Kari_L_Moore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Filling vegetables :) I've been chowing down on salad when I get hungry at night now, but I like lettuce and spinach without and salad dressing. Fruit is good too.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Eat some fruit and/or vegetables, or nothing. Drink water.

And then watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfVrRfm9U2I&
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I see that your goals is 1200 cals per day.

Eat 300 more, you'll be golden.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Took a look at your diary. You're on the low end and may want to consider bumping up to 1400-1600 anyway, depending on your basal metabolic rate (bmr) and total daily energy expenditure (tdee). Bmr shows how much your body needs just to run its functions while resting, while tdee calculates how many calories you burn per day, based on activity level. Both can be calculated online, just Google them. You generally want to aim for in between those two numbers.

Eat something worth a couple hundred calories today, and get reset tomorrow.

I started out following 1200 plus eating back exercise calories. Being hungry all the time isn't healthy, and neither is increased hair shedding. I experienced both until I increased calories.

Edited to add:
    Might want to consider changing your ratios for carbs, fat and protein. If you go into Goals, you can choose custom settings instead of guided. Go to the carb/fat/protein percentages and change the ratio to something like 40%carb, 30%fat, 30%protein. Protein helps repair and build muscles, and maintain muscle.
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    I say eat something healthy, otherwise you might end up completely ravenous and eat something even worse! Tomorrow is a new day :)